MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I have just had the best long distance purchasing arrangement for buying two 2018 JL Rubicon…. So you ask yourself why was this so good. Here, the steps and my comments so you can see how this may work for you.
  1. Go to jeep.com and pick your dream Jeep. Remember only select items in you Built - Price configuration with stuff ONLY the factor can supply (e.g. engine, paint etc). Skip the all weather floor mats as factory takes out your nice standard floor mats.
  2. Develop relationships with your area Jeep dealers with the salesman, sales manager, and general managers. Even send over several boxes of pizza so all the other sales guys will leave you alone as you are spoken for by your sales guy. The smaller the dealership the better.
  3. Send to our salesman your dream Jeep specs by printing or email the specs you got off of jeep.com. Asking the salesman to give you the best price off of dealer cost. Remember pick only what you want from the factory order. The dealer only makes $13-$20 on the all-weather floor mats and other stuff you can get later…. keep it simple and just the basic that only the factory supply.
  4. So after you got our best local deal, money in your pocket and ready to deal, email your Built - Price sheet you got off of jeep.com to the follow:
  5. Craig Benner is the Online Forum/Ordering Manager of Koons of Tyson's Corner, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram outside of DC. His email [email protected]
  6. What I like about Craig is he is knowledgeable, quick to reply and professional. He helped us see the things that local dealers did not understand with the pricing and ordering system of jeep.com. Craig is more than a salesman he is a deal maker and things happen.
  7. My buddy and I placed two orders and will wait the 4-8 weeks for delivery as two items are on allotment status. So looking at a November 2018 delivery.
  8. Now in all fairness to the reader, I can not go into details of our deal because all deals are special and timing is everything.
  9. I would go back and work with Craig on any Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, but remember you have to do your homework first as he is a deal maker as I did not need a hand holding guy. So do not waste Craig time unless you are ready to buy and have the money in your pocket.
  10. Finally, my buddy and I are giving $200 to Craig once we get delivery of the Jeeps as he has to do extra paperwork to drop ship Jeeps. We are also giving our local salesman $200 for the time he made his boss do all the quotes…. of which local dealer did not want to match Craig price and we want to reward the salesman for the time he spent.
  11. I did find out, thanks to Craig, that my local dealer ordering guy did not know how to use the factory ordering system and what is needed to get the right info in for pricing.
  12. O we just got our von numbers, orders sent two days before the close date for orders.
  13. Tell Craig that Jack sent you so he will know what he did for us he should do for you…..
  14. Happy Jeeping…..
Hope this helps.

jeeps.png
Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I have just had the best long distance purchasing arrangement for buying two 2018 JL Rubicon…. So you ask yourself why was this so good. Here, the steps and my comments so you can see how this may work for you.
  1. Go to jeep.com and pick your dream Jeep. Remember only select items in you Built - Price configuration with stuff ONLY the factor can supply (e.g. engine, paint etc). Skip the all weather floor mats as factory takes out your nice standard floor mats.
  2. Develop relationships with your area Jeep dealers with the salesman, sales manager, and general managers. Even send over several boxes of pizza so all the other sales guys will leave you alone as you are spoken for by your sales guy. The smaller the dealership the better.
  3. Send to our salesman your dream Jeep specs by printing or email the specs you got off of jeep.com. Asking the salesman to give you the best price off of dealer cost. Remember pick only what you want from the factory order. The dealer only makes $13-$20 on the all-weather floor mats and other stuff you can get later…. keep it simple and just the basic that only the factory supply.
  4. So after you got our best local deal, money in your pocket and ready to deal, email your Built - Price sheet you got off of jeep.com to the follow:
  5. Craig Benner is the Online Forum/Ordering Manager of Koons of Tyson's Corner, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram outside of DC. His email [email protected]
  6. What I like about Craig is he is knowledgeable, quick to reply and professional. He helped us see the things that local dealers did not understand with the pricing and ordering system of jeep.com. Craig is more than a salesman he is a deal maker and things happen.
  7. My buddy and I placed two orders and will wait the 4-8 weeks for delivery as two items are on allotment status. So looking at a November 2018 delivery.
  8. Now in all fairness to the reader, I can not go into details of our deal because all deals are special and timing is everything.
  9. I would go back and work with Craig on any Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, but remember you have to do your homework first as he is a deal maker as I did not need a hand holding guy. So do not waste Craig time unless you are ready to buy and have the money in your pocket.
  10. Finally, my buddy and I are giving $200 to Craig once we get delivery of the Jeeps as he has to do extra paperwork to drop ship Jeeps. We are also giving our local salesman $200 for the time he made his boss do all the quotes…. of which local dealer did not want to match Craig price and we want to reward the salesman for the time he spent.
  11. I did find out, thanks to Craig, that my local dealer ordering guy did not know how to use the factory ordering system and what is needed to get the right info in for pricing.
  12. O we just got our von numbers, orders sent two days before the close date for orders.
  13. Tell Craig that Jack sent you so he will know what he did for us he should do for you…..
  14. Happy Jeeping…..
Hope this helps.

jeeps.png
That’s essentially what I did too. I didn’t deal with Craig, though. Koon was very professional and communication was top notch.

Koons ended up not earning my business, though, but only because Farrish (a local competitor of Koons) had the Jeep I ultimately wanted more. Farrish was able to slightly beat my Koons deal, for what it’s worth.

Obviously I was buying out of dealer inventory, mainly because I wasn’t too choosy and I was able to get the “old price” before the July price hike.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab, 2019 BMW 335, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Recon, 2018 BMW 435i
Occupation
Broker/Owner
  14. Happy Jeeping…..
Hope this helps.

jeeps.png
Look where Koons ended up on my list

Scott Woods in AR #1 -13% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Dennis Dillon ID
#2 -12.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Safford VA #3 -11.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Superior AR
#4 -11% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Tri-Cities NC
#5 -11% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Dave Dennis OH
#6 -11.5% MSRP Not Incl. Doc Fees
Shorkey PA #7-10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Tyson IL #7 -10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Ganley Village OH #7 -10.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Koons MD
#8 -9.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees
Lake Keowee SC #8 -9.5% OFF MSRP Includes Doc Fees

Using Tread Lightly at some dealers, others could care less.

I emailed over 20 dealers all with the exact order, i also added dealer doc fees in the total price.
Feel free to ask questions, some dealers just laugh, others don't answer, others play games.
This took 2 weeks to get all the numbers.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
I'm intrigued by the drop ship to a local dealer you speak of. Please elaborate!

tiltz

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru STI

Dennis Dillon ID
Superior AR
Tri-Cities NC
Dave Dennis OH
Koons MD

I emailed over 20 dealers all with the exact order, i also added dealer doc fees in the total price.
Feel free to ask questions, some dealers just laugh, others don't answer, others play games.
Does this include some of the other dealer tricks? For example Dennis Dillion requires financing through them with a max of $10K down at really noncompetitive rates (like 3 points over market).

Sponsored

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I'm intrigued by the drop ship to a local dealer you speak of. Please elaborate!
GoFastGuy, My buddy who was the other Rubicon we ordered, wife has been a friend of the GM and he ran the numbers and said he could not do the deal, So I said can we have it drop ship to his dealership and he said yes because he knows my buddy and wife will buy the extra from him.... He will make more on the extra than on the Jeep sale itself as he would only get $1600 at dealers cost.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Does this include some of the other dealer tricks? For example Dennis Dillion requires financing through them with a max of $10K down at really noncompetitive rates (like 3 points over market).
Dillion, no funny business. See above reply to GoFastGuy on making dealer making money. Dealer even sent me to bank if I needed to finance of which he get $200 from the bank for the finance deal.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase

Dennis Dillon ID
Superior AR
Tri-Cities NC
Dave Dennis OH
Koons MD

Thank Michael this was good to know.... we got 10.76% off of list not incl doc, tax or fee of $700 dealer processing.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, what rock guards did you guys use. I'm looking for one with a step edge...

Thanks.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Thank Michael this was good to know.... we got 10.76% off of list not incl doc, tax or fee of $700 dealer processing.
What dealer did you use?

Sponsored

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Anything funny in noted, Only Dave Dennis in Dayton would offer more off the price if you use dealer financing and you can turn around and refinance thru you own bank right away even though they tell you 6 months.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
What dealer did you use?
Michael, use #5 above:

Craig Benner is the Online Forum/Ordering Manager of Koons of Tyson's Corner, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram outside of DC. His email [email protected]

Tell him Jack sent you.... as you know the 2018 production (accepting orders) is closed as well as getting Mojito as a color option.

Jeep.com still shows 2018 and Mojito online until dealer stocks are lower and new 2019 start coming off the mfg line in Oct. FYI I saw a SAHARA in Mojito at the Jeep dealer in Lake City, FL.. Happy shopping.

Mjmi69

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Broker/Owner
Michael, use #5 above:

Craig Benner is the Online Forum/Ordering Manager of Koons of Tyson's Corner, Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram outside of DC. His email [email protected]

Tell him Jack sent you.... as you know the 2018 production (accepting orders) is closed as well as getting Mojito as a color option.

Jeep.com still shows 2018 and Mojito online until dealer stocks are lower and new 2019 start coming off the mfg line in Oct. FYI I saw a SAHARA in Mojito at the Jeep dealer in Lake City, FL.. Happy shopping.
Yes I have been shopping for awhile, no hurry, was thinking about punk’n but new Bikini Color coming out, want to see what colors they will be offering.

OP
OP
MacJack

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Michael, use #5 above:

Yes I have been shopping for awhile, no hurry, was thinking about punk’n but new Bikini Color coming out, want to see what colors they will be offering.
I have the colors for 2019 see attach the Key is look under the color for #3 for JL colors only #3.... happy shopping...

IMG_1174.jpeg

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1173.jpeg

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Finally, my buddy and I are giving $200 to Craig once we get delivery of the Jeeps
Very generous that both you and your buddy are each giving $200. to Craig , for a total of $400 tip .
Sponsored