First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
I just bought my second JL Rubicon. I bought a very early JL and went through many of the issues that everyone else went through. My defroster lead came off the glass. My rear seat latch broke off in my hand. My rear window leaked. My rear camera sometimes would just go to a blue screen when I would back up while the radio cut in and out. Throughout all of this, I still loved my Jeep.
I have had every iteration of Wrangler over the last 25 years and even with the issues, I still loved it more than any Jeep I have had before. With that being said, seeing the new sky one touch top and the adaptive cruise control brought me to the dealer to buy another JLUR. Same color with a few more options and the new top. I drove it home today.
The main reason for this post is another issue that I had with my first JLUR was the rusted welds and just poor looking frame underneath it. I had noticed it while changing out the bumper and adding a winch. I was one of the first people to post about this and that post ran for a long time with so many others discovering the same thing.
Well, I am happy to report that I crawled under my new Jeep this afternoon and the underside of my new Jeep looked amazing. It looks like it was built by a different company. For those of you that know what I’m talking about, I attached pictures so you can actually see this for yourself.
I figured that I was one to speak up when things weren’t right, and I should also speak up when they make it right, and I have to say I’m impressed and I really appreciate that they recognized they had a problem and worked to make it better.
I look forward to seeing how well they have done with the other issues I had and if the change in the undercarriage is any sign, we’re in good shape.
Thanks for hearing us and striving to satisfy this crazy cult of Jeep people that love the brand so much!
E1F2ABAA-E1F3-4AD0-BF18-98ACD215D590.jpeg
B021ABD1-3EC1-4FFF-8E5E-E500186993CE.jpeg
C7B56C45-6515-4936-B36A-A51AD4E689A6.jpeg
D1FDC486-F085-4810-9EB0-CF2C620B8988.jpeg
Sponsored

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Was ur wrangler officially recalled for bad welds or you just noticed it? I have an early build too.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I just bought my second JL Rubicon. I bought a very early JL and went through many of the issues that everyone else went through. My defroster lead came off the glass. My rear seat latch broke off in my hand. My rear window leaked. My rear camera sometimes would just go to a blue screen when I would back up while the radio cut in and out. Throughout all of this, I still loved my Jeep.
I have had every iteration of Wrangler over the last 25 years and even with the issues, I still loved it more than any Jeep I have had before. With that being said, seeing the new sky one touch top and the adaptive cruise control brought me to the dealer to buy another JLUR. Same color with a few more options and the new top. I drove it home today.
The main reason for this post is another issue that I had with my first JLUR was the rusted welds and just poor looking frame underneath it. I had noticed it while changing out the bumper and adding a winch. I was one of the first people to post about this and that post ran for a long time with so many others discovering the same thing.
Well, I am happy to report that I crawled under my new Jeep this afternoon and the underside of my new Jeep looked amazing. It looks like it was built by a different company. For those of you that know what I’m talking about, I attached pictures so you can actually see this for yourself.
I figured that I was one to speak up when things weren’t right, and I should also speak up when they make it right, and I have to say I’m impressed and I really appreciate that they recognized they had a problem and worked to make it better.
I look forward to seeing how well they have done with the other issues I had and if the change in the undercarriage is any sign, we’re in good shape.
Thanks for hearing us and striving to satisfy this crazy cult of Jeep people that love the brand so much!
E1F2ABAA-E1F3-4AD0-BF18-98ACD215D590.jpeg
B021ABD1-3EC1-4FFF-8E5E-E500186993CE.jpeg
C7B56C45-6515-4936-B36A-A51AD4E689A6.jpeg
D1FDC486-F085-4810-9EB0-CF2C620B8988.jpeg
Nice. Looks just like my Wrangler underneath.

OP
OP
Kenc

Kenc

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM TRX, 2020 C8 Corvette, and a Wrangler 392
Occupation
Boat Builder
Was ur wrangler officially recalled for bad welds or you just noticed it? I have an early build too.
I just noticed it while working on it.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Glad it doesn't have the weld issue like the older ones.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Makes you wonder if FCA even makes their own frames. Looks like it's a supplier part from Hyundai Mobis in Ohio.
https://www.autonews.com/article/20...ysler-plant-offers-showcase-for-its-suppliers

According to the article above, the body is also a supplier part. What I gathered from that article is that FCA built a manufacturing campus and lured in major suppliers to manufacture on-site. When a big manufacturing starts up, lots of people are doing new jobs. Welding is a skill. There's a learning curve. Some people never get good at it. If this outfit is using current technology, a frame would be robotically welded. But even that takes skill to get quality.
Sponsored

Last edited: