Sponsored

My rottweiler chewed up my fender, repair options?

Doomgaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
So my rottie usually takes naps in the shade from my jeep but she's never tried messing with it before. I let her out for a bit this morning and came back to this.

20190709_110755.jpg

She also chewed off one of the plastic hinge covers, but I have replacements for those. There are like 2 deep scratches in the hinge I'm gonna fill with touch up paint to stop rust, but aside from that the hinge is fine. It's this fender flare I'm concerned with. What's are my options here? I could sand, fill, and paint the gouges in the paint, but is there a place I can get a replacement plastic trim without paying for the whole fender? If I do buy the whole fender, do I just order it painted firecracker red or do they have to do a color match? Is there any compound I could form and paint over that bottom trim to give a similar appearance?

20190709_110748.jpg
Sponsored

TaxPhan

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Sahara
Occupation
VP of Tax
Damn! I can't help you. But if it makes you feel better, our St. Bernard took the couch cushions off and proceeded to eat out the inside of the couch. You can't see it when we put the cushions back on, but sinking a foot down upon sitting is a dead giveaway.

Coder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Dang! Had a neighbor with a Great Dane that licked all the texture off their interior walls from the floor to about 3' up. Pretty penny to get that fixed.

OP
OP
Doomgaze

Doomgaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That site lists the same fender flare as fitting both rubicon and non-rubicon, which doesn't seem right. How can I be sure i'm getting the rubicon fender?

Sponsored

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
You need such a thing
Put it above this distortion and also benefit from the way it works.

$_1.jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Other than a body shop and a week of repair time, the only other advice I can give you is to get rid of the dog.

OP
OP
Doomgaze

Doomgaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Coder

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
When the description says "OFF-ROAD TIRES" it's for the rubicon

Sponsored

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
So my rottie usually takes naps in the shade from my jeep but she's never tried messing with it before. I let her out for a bit this morning and came back to this.

20190709_110755.jpg

She also chewed off one of the plastic hinge covers, but I have replacements for those. There are like 2 deep scratches in the hinge I'm gonna fill with touch up paint to stop rust, but aside from that the hinge is fine. It's this fender flare I'm concerned with. What's are my options here? I could sand, fill, and paint the gouges in the paint, but is there a place I can get a replacement plastic trim without paying for the whole fender? If I do buy the whole fender, do I just order it painted firecracker red or do they have to do a color match? Is there any compound I could form and paint over that bottom trim to give a similar appearance?

20190709_110748.jpg
This is a problem I would have. You could see if someone who's done a fender chop has the trim and get a body shop to fix the rest or maybe get lucky and find someone that's replaced the entire fender set with aftermarkets. She looks like she's just a puppy so it's to be expected.

bkjolly

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ-5
Not gonna happen, the dog is one of my best looking mods.

20190614_101400.jpg

Not bad but a little pricey.
Not sure that would work either lol. I've have Rottie puppies that have chewed tile, bricks, my current puppy likes 2x4's.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice looking Rottie, sure miss ours. Might use a vented nylon muzzle on the pup when left unattended, if it's not for long durations.
Good luck w/ the repairs.
Sponsored