Sponsored

My Red 2019 JLUR with 37" KM3s, Teraflex, EVO, AEV, and others

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
In preparation for a new Motobilt rear bumper I hope to have in the next week or two, I've raised the spare tire and relocated the license plate. I already have the Mopar tailgate reinforcement bracket and decided to, even though cost more, use the Mopar tire carrier extension kit. Part of the reason for this decision is the desire to keep the spare as tight to the tailgate as possible and I achieved this. Most other kits push the tire out, up to 2" while with this kit I was able to keep the push out to only the depth of the bracket or about 3/8" while still gaining the real benefit that I needed, which was to raise the tire upwards over an 1" so it clears the new bumper.
The new bumper has no license plate provision so relocation will be necessary. I decided after looking at many options out there, to follow what I saw at the JJUSA Texas Spur last year on a custom Jeep from Tribe out of DFW area, a combination of the Artec license plate relocation bracket the and Poison Spyder license plate light / brake light kit. I'm happy with the way it turned out.

View attachment 264536

View attachment 264537

View attachment 264538
Awesome build....where did you put your center rear brake light?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thanks. I removed the factory one. The Poison Spyder light has two rows of LEDS. One set facing down, are white and light the license plate. The other set is aimed out, you see this row in the picture and though they look clear, they light up red for 3rd brake light duty.
Cool....do you have a pic with the brake light lit up?

vsav8r

First Name
Vishal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURd, 2020 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 2015 Mercedes G63, 2019 BMW X7, 2015 GMC Sierra HD Denali, 2013 Bentley GTC, 2000 Acura NSX
Bumpers powder coated and installed. The BD lights are relayed off the fog light circuit.
Did you use the BD fog lights with their JL harness or simply wire to the OEM fog harness? I'm planning to run the same setup just figuring out the how.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Did you use the BD fog lights with their JL harness or simply wire to the OEM fog harness? I'm planning to run the same setup just figuring out the how.
I canā€™t speak for the OP, but he said they were relayed off the oem fog light harness. Iā€™ll just add that you donā€™t need the relays with them. I have Baja Designs Sport in my bumper and used the BD adapter to plug right into my OEM fog light harness. No relays required. The LEDs donā€™t use enough amps to need a relay.

View attachment 289657

26124B07-39AE-406B-8778-6892F685707B.jpeg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0