My radio did it again

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
So today the radio went kaput again and it happened just about 3 - 5 seconds after I started the Sport JL Jeep with the very basic 5 inch black and white screen display radio.. Well, I kept driving and then I just repeatedly pressed the ON /OFF radio button and it came back alive again. This is the second time it malfunctioned since last June . I am not worried so much about the radio interruption I just hope it is not a sign of more electrical issues.
I should add that I did check the fuse box after the first radio mishap and I made sure all the fuses were fully inserted into the slots. And to my surprise some of the fuses were not pushed all the way in.
Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
What year is yours? I have an early '18 Sport and the only issue I've had so far was with the little 5-incher Uconnect. It would always come up with a "need update" message, but no matter what the dealer would do with updates and whatever, the message would never go away. I think it did completely go black a couple times, too, and the clock would always end up losing time.

Eventually the dealer just scrapped it and installed a new one free of charge and I haven't had an issue with the new one.

In my case, no other electrical issues ever occurred.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
What year is yours? I have an early '18 Sport and the only issue I've had so far was with the little 5-incher Uconnect. It would always come up with a "need update" message, but no matter what the dealer would do with updates and whatever, the message would never go away. I think it did completely go black a couple times, too, and the clock would always end up losing time.

Eventually the dealer just scrapped it and installed a new one free of charge and I haven't had an issue with the new one.

In my case, no other electrical issues ever occurred.

ok , that's not such a bad outcome , I will mentioned it to my dealer but unless they will be able to replicate it I am not sure they will change it

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mine occasionally makes a "pop" sound through the overhead driver speaker, screen goes blank, comes back to life after a few minutes. Reset time, off and running...why ask why..

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Mine occasionally makes a "pop" sound through the overhead driver speaker, screen goes blank, comes back to life after a few minutes. Reset time, off and running...why ask why..
Hi Four Low,
I can understand why this might be frustrating. If you choose to bring this concern to the attention of your dealer, we are always here to offer additional support throughout your service.

Kathryn
JeepCares

RedJeep

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport, Audi A3, Ford Explorer
My 2018 JLU Sport is doing the same thing. Dealer blamed it on my cord. I replaced the cord and it did work for a while. Now it is doing it again. Frustrating to not be able to charge your phone while driving without it cutting out the U Connect. I plan on taking it back in.
Sponsored