My poor JLUR... Totaled my baby

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Recon
So, it took me some time to post this because I wanted to verify all the info with my insurance but my baby was officially declared totaled a couple weeks back, thanks to some clown who was reaching for his cell phone.... I can attest that the JL can take a wallop and even saved my life.

In the end of July, I was on my way to work on a quiet Saturday morning. Cruising doing about 50 mph. Next thing I know, some guy is in my lane in a old silver Chevy Cobalt, I had no time or space to respond. Blasts me head on and send me into a spin and I smash into the other side of the road. No time to brake, both collide doing at least 50 mph. I’m able to walk out and don’t need an ambulance ride. I’m covered in blood from my nose and have terrible chest pain and some airbag burns. Thank god my son wasn’t in the car because I may have beat the dude. Other driver hops out the car (that is at least 150 feet away after this accident) runs over and asks if I’m ok.... said he was sorry and it was his fault because he was reaching for his phone. I was super pissed to say the least. I end up getting a fractured sternum and after a week of back and forth with insurance, they total it out. At first they wanted to fix it, and I wasn’t having it as the whole frame was twisted and significant damage. There were brand news parts I didn’t even put on this thing! Keep an eye on the marketplace by the way.

So, I work in the business and ended up getting into a Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition.Thing is pretty sweet but I my JL will be missed! Check out these photos, the silver car is the one that hit me... ugh.

CE8DAAD3-5E48-46F0-9E57-0AAA76209AB0.jpeg

56B3B68F-96EB-4D96-B9CF-5638577B91E7.jpeg

ADA32242-85D3-49AA-A774-880013929146.jpeg
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you were not hurt worse! Wow!

You should snag that Sunrider for Hard Top for your Gladiator! Btw, we need Gladiator pics.

The real world always tells a different story than government crash tests. I know the JK's weren't given the highest ratings, but their injury claim rate was among the lowest of any vehicle on US roads.

Glad the other guy is ok, too.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Edit....Lol, from the look on the flat bed, I'm guessing your Gladiator is indeed wearing that Sunrider!

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
They wanted to not total that?! I’d have said hell no like you did. That jeep looks pretty far gone.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Enjoy the JT!

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Damn that's pretty much the worst kinda impact too. The dreaded small frontal offset!

Although the other guy was a fucking idiot, I'm glad everyone was ok.

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well dammit. Nice to hear you're ok. That's the only important thing. They build new jeeps every few minutes.

OP
OP
BrnxBomr2

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Recon
Thanks everyone. I certainly was lucky to walk away with just what I had. Could’ve been a lot worse. That JL took the brunt of the force and like I said, I think it saved my life being a JL. I’ll get some JT pics up soon. Picked it up last night. Already have parts on order. Haha.

Ps.. that sun rider top was taken off the next day and replaced with the panels.. hahaha.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
Better luck with your Gladiator!

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
So sorry for the loss of your JL and your experience. My original JL was also totaled due to a roll over accident but the passenger compartment held up fantastically, allowing me to walk away without a scratch. I’m pretty skeptical about the poor crash ratings given to the JLs.

Congrats on the JT!

Sponsored

frank-o

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 SOT, JLUR SOT, Prior JLUR Sting, 10thA JKUR
Wow. Glad you're ok and good luck on the new ride. I can't get over the damage to the driver's side front wheel.