rexinla

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2023
something I learn

as we know, there are at least 3 locations show the vin number.

but only the number at a Pilar is the identified number accept by the laws and the manufacture principle. the police only accept the case when window does not match . you can find at the owner manual.

if you met the same situation like me , keep an evidence and an recored (like state car inspection at dmv )before give the car back dealer.
once the dealer changed vin , then it is another story.

Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently IMG_0615.JPG

I called dmv confirm and researched some court case with vin issue.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rexinla

rexinla

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2023
1. what was the engine issue?
2. what does this report tell you about your vehicle?
3. this dealer doesn't really have to do anything for you. They can refuse any vehicle they don't want to work on.
4. they can take the rental back at any time. they don't have to finish any service before they can take the rental back.

this is where I think you're confused, you think the dealer is obligated to service your vehicle. Unfortunately, you are wrong.

take your vehicle back, return the rental and try another dealership for your engine issues although I highly doubt any dealer is going to want to work with you.

the miles and timer does match.

from the report the engine at least 3 years.

the odometer is not real.

when I punches the fax report. there is the item tells 3/30 otter meters is 8840miles. I call Carfax yesterday ,now shows 884.

it is still not match , I send the the car to dealer at March 8th. 2740in. now it is 2750.

Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently Untitled 2

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
I believe this hidden answer, found in a previous post #221, with the help of Google translate (if accurate) will answer all your questions

Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently Untitled 2
Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently IMG_3087

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Car fax makes mistakes. They showed one of my cars being in an accident in Chicago. I’ve never been to Chicago. lol. They cleared it up when I sent them a letter.

Dealers make mistakes. Your vin appears to be fixed now.

What exactly are you still fighting about here?

Your tilting at windmills Don Quixote

Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently IMG_1640

Sponsored

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
Car fax makes mistakes. They showed one of my cars being in an accident in Chicago. I’ve never been to Chicago. lol. They cleared it up when I sent them a letter.

Dealers make mistakes. Your vin appears to be fixed now.

What exactly are you still fighting about here?

Your tilting at windmills Don Quixote

IMG_1640.jpeg
Oi, why drag me into this?
That being said, thanks for the new profile pic, despite the, uh, stylized biography.

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
Oi, why drag me into this?
That being said, thanks for the new profile pic, despite the, uh, stylized biography.

What do you mean. LOL. I’m not dragging anyone.

Not sure why you linked to that bio though. That image is from another site but I guess it’s all over the internet.

I was thinking about using that image as my own avatar but you beat me to it I guess.

azjl#3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sarge Green JLR
I did a vin search on a used bmw, it showed a odometer rollback alert. So I did the math, it was nothing more than normal oddities of three dealers buying car, doing maintenance on car before dmv gets the purchase notification and purchase miles. None of the alerts was more than 50 miles off what it really had.

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
What do you mean. LOL. I’m not dragging anyone.

Not sure why you linked to that bio though. That image is from another site but I guess it’s all over the internet.

I was thinking about using that image as my own avatar but you beat me to it I guess.
I set my profile's username to don quixote some time ago. Hence my statement that your reference was dragging me into this mess.

As for the random link, that was the only result I found in a google search of the url of the image you posted. While it's obviously not the same source as the pic you uploaded (icon in the lower left corer), that blog was the only link google showed me that had the same art. I'd be curious to know where you originally found it.

Finally, if you want to use it as your own avatar, go right ahead. I'm a master with all the local photoshops.

edit: note the subtle, but undeniable edit.

Gangplank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys 4dr
Build Thread
Link
I set my profile's username to don quixote some time ago. Hence my statement that your reference was dragging me into this mess.

As for the random link, that was the only result I found in a google search of the url of the image you posted. While it's obviously not the same source as the pic you uploaded (icon in the lower left corer), that blog was the only link google showed me that had the same art. I'd be curious to know where you originally found it.

Finally, if you want to use it as your own avatar, go right ahead. I'm a master with all the local photoshops.

edit: note the subtle, but undeniable edit.
All good. I figured out the name thing right after I posted.

The image came from a google image search of Tilting at Windmills but it was the 3rd link in the one you linked above. I’m sure they were not the original artist either.

Sponsored

Only-In-A-Jeep

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport
the miles and timer does match.

from the report the engine at least 3 years.

the odometer is not real.

when I punches the fax report. there is the item tells 3/30 otter meters is 8840miles. I call Carfax yesterday ,now shows 884.

it is still not match , I send the the car to dealer at March 8th. 2740in. now it is 2750.

Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently IMG_1640
Well your jeep had two VINs so it would be possible Carfax is reporting on the other Jeep with the VIN they pulled off yours...or the VIN you now have is also on another Jeep and that Jeep has the mileage reported.

OP
OP
rexinla

rexinla

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 2023
Seems like there may be a communication issue. From an outsiders point of view, it seems like they have worked to correct the issue. They identified that the number on the dash was incorrect, and replaced the plate. It seems that you were allowed use of a rental during the investigation and repairs. But they would like you to return it, as your Jeep is now properly repaired.
the manufacture declined this is a mistake from manufacture, and dealer refuse provide any service or documents due to this is not an after sale issue.

both the dealer and jeep refused provide me any documents, refused the inspection result, refused an obd report.even don't tell where they oder the new sticker , how I can accept the car they are not able to identify . especially the vin on the frame is so suspension.
Jeep Wrangler JL My new wrangler has 2 VIN Number, Differently IMG_8531

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
the manufacture declined this is a mistake from manufacture, and dealer refuse provide any service or documents due to this is not an after sale issue.

both the dealer and jeep refused provide me any documents, refused the inspection result, refused an obd report.even don't tell where they oder the new sticker , how I can accept the car they are not able to identify . especially the vin on the frame is so suspension.
If it's an issue for you, just trade in on another one. If you like the Jeep, keep it.

ForgottenTaco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Sarge Green JLU Willys

I tried to upload the Video but failed few times. I did upon to x if you want to watch the clip
Hahahahahhaa. That’s too funny. Guess you should’ve returned the rental when they asked

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
That video looked like a straight-up repossession to me.

As for your case, OP, if the problem of the mismatched VINs is now settled, I'd leave it be. All's well that ends well. The fact that they haven't provided you with documentation for how/why it happened is irrelevant.

If they haven't fixed the problem, then I agree with others who say now might be the time to retain a lawyer.

Either way I wish you luck.
Sponsored