My new Build XR35. First Wrangler Question.

spersky123

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG C63S
Hello All,

I recenntly sold my 2016 Ram 2500 with 20 inch rims and 4 inch lift and 37'' tires. It was too tall and way too wobbly on the highway, so I sold it.

I am worried that the X35 will be "Wobbly" on the highway. Its called Tramlining in think. Coming stock from Jeep I doubt it, but does anyone have some input into this.

Also here is my attached build PDF. I have emailed this to a few dealers, and some actually recommended on this forum to start the build order.

Thank for looking

Any input on the build is appreciated.
Advertisement

Attachments

nsfw_andy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
Just a heads up, Hellayella has been discontinued since June. You can no longer order that color, I’ve tried.

OP
OP

spersky123

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG C63S
I wonder if I need to wait for 2022. Is that just a phase out of HellaYella for 2021. I also like Red and Blue and Sarge green so I can change the color. I will likely go with Firecracker Red. Same exact configuration.

Thanks for the heads-up

Last edited:

YJherJLhim

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ and 18 JL Rubicon Unlimited
My 18 Rubicon Unlimited runs on 37x12.5x17 K02s and is smooth and doesn’t wander. Mid to high 70s its no problem. I don’t drive faster than that so can’t comment.

OP
OP

spersky123

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG C63S
Is it also true that only X35 Rubicons can be ordered?

YJherJLhim

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So on 8/11 when I ordered that was true. I just read on here that someone was able to order without the XR?

Things change daily I think. When I ordered my wife’s Tuscadero was not available with the Sky 1 Touch, now Jeep shows one on the website with a Sky Top so they are try to update my order for me..

YJherJLhim

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Read in the Tuscadero thread from JLo

I was told the same thing about the XR package this week, but I was able to order a Rubicon today without the XR package. I didn't order Tuscadero... but almost wishing I had seeing the real life pictures!

Jgro151

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
Is it also true that only X35 Rubicons can be ordered?
I can confirm that was the case since about a week ago. May have changed in past few days but I doubt it. My guess is it’s like that for the remainder of ‘21 orders.

OP
OP

spersky123

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG C63S
As long as the X35 does not make it a nightmare to drive around town etc. I actually love the look and would love the extra capability.

OP
OP

spersky123

First Name
Steve
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mercedes AMG C63S
Here is the final Build. I just got off the phone with the dealer. He has not done a build list, but we talked about what is avilable. I decided on the Red V6 X35 package,

Attachments

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Driving bad is a sign of worn out or ill fitting part. Ive driven Jeeps on 39's and they drive as nice down the highway as a lot of stock vehicles as they are built with nice parts and nothing is worn out. So yes, your build should drive phenomenally.

Advertisement

Chrysler Factory Warranty

Advertisement