Sponsored

My neighbor's Bronco is like looking at my Wrangler in a mirror

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
The Bronco has never been original. The first generation was a copy of an International Scout 80 and the second Generation was a copy of a Chevy K5 Blazer. This latest one copied many of the dimensions and design cues from the Wrangler. From behind it looks very much like Jeep. I’m sure there are many out there who just call a Bronco a Jeep when they see one.
Fully agree. From the start the Bronco has bee, a quasi clone. I liked the Scout a lot better, and I like the Wrangler better (the K5 and second gen Broncos never did like-too darn big. If going that size I’ll just take a pickup😁)
Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Of course it does. That’s exactly what they were going for. I felt the same way when the newer Camaro came out looking suspiciously similar to the new challenger about a decade ago. Can’t blame them though. Jeeps got so much style it can lend some to the competition.
As someone who is normally an import buyer, looking from the outside, I'd argue that the current Camaro is the modern interpretation of the original Camaro, which was intoduced in 1967. The Challenger came out in 1969. And the Camaro has already been updated a couple of times while the Challenger is 15 year old design.

Having said that... I do prefer the Wrangler over the Bronco, and I DON"T like Chrysler.

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
Broncos definitely a contender though
Forced Jeep to actually respond and get some actual new stuff so thats good
I might test drive a 2 door Sasquatch one day.... you never know

Sponsored

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
I am in the boat that they look very different...

Having said that, I would expect direct competitors in almost any industry to have a lot of similarities. Similar dimensions, shapes, capabilities, etc. I agree they look similar from the back, from a distance especially. My wife and I will be driving on the interstate, we'll see a vehicle far ahead of us and try to guess which one it is, see who gets it right. We recently followed a red JL for like 15 miles thinking it was a Bronco before we got close enough to tell that it wasn't.

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
They are even copying our "Crappy" quality control issues. "It's a Jeep Thang", will now be " It's a Bronco Thang".
But, I like the look of the Bronco, and like the ruggedness of the Wrangler.
Maybe Rubrtrux could make a hybrid of the two. You could call it a "Brangler", or " Frankenbrangler". Take a Sport S, stuff a hopped up 392 in it, ditch the Wrangler body, and lower the.Bronco body onto it.
I think I'd prefer calling a hybrid a Wrongco :)

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I don’t know what you guys are talking about. I see no resemblance😵💫.

FE2AE90E-F481-4E79-9743-F2BFDA73D861.jpeg
Sadly, if there isn't already, there will soon be a Bronco with a Rubicon decal on it. Someone will do it.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Jeep would be the Rolling Stones and the Bronco Kiss.

Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I cannot tell you how many times I’ve heard “Nice Bronco” when out and about in the Scout!
I was going to say that the Bronco somewhat evolved from the original Bronco, but looks to me more like the International Harvester Scout that my father had in 1980.
Sponsored