Sponsored

My mind is made up and I’m 100 percent getting a wrangler. I just have one more question.

OP
OP

migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet.
migs, folks here aren't making it any easier... are they? :LOL:
yes and no 😂extremely helpful and I’m learning more about the pros and cons of each. Great community, but no because I keep flip flopping on which one I want now 🤣
Sponsored

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
For the money go with the Willys XR that way you get the lift and 35s from the factory. If you do take it offroad you'll figure out if you need more lift or lockers. A willys XR is a great place to start.
I will freely admit that if I was shopping for one right now, the Willys XR would be it.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
yes and no 😂extremely helpful and I’m learning more about the pros and cons of each. Great community, but no because I keep flip flopping on which one I want now 🤣
😈 ….we r happy to HELP! 😈

RockymtnJL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 23 JLUR 4XE
I would get the Willy’s XR for sure. You’ll drive right off the dealer lot with a pretty sweet package -all under factory warranty. Welcome and congrats 🤙

As far as the lockers on a Rubicon, I‘ve owned two and wheeled all over CO, and never really ‘needed’ to engage the lockers on most moderate trails.

Yes they’re nice to have but Jeep’s are pretty damn capable. I wouldn’t say they’re a necesity unless you’re going hard core which is sounds like you aren’t.

I guess one other benefit of a Rubicon is that they hold their value better than most of the other trim levels.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I guess one other benefit of a Rubicon is that they hold their value better than most of the other trim levels.
Jeep Wrangler JL My mind is made up and I’m 100 percent getting a wrangler. I just have one more question. 1669817183683

All Wranglers hold their value equally well. In fact, Sport holds a slight advantage over all other trims thanks to its lower upfront cost.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Does the Willys XR come with electronic sway bar disconnect?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
What a waste of 5 minutes of my life. So much bitching about Rubicons on these forums. The only thing more hated is a 392 Rubicon. Seems like an awful lot of folks love to hate on others choices.

Guess what...my first 2 JLUR's never even went into four wheel drive! AND I just installed a winch on my third JLUR that may never leave the pavement. Hope that gets people like you fired up! I bought them because its what I wanted.
I found the comment odd myself. Why insult 50% of the members of this forum because they are not exactly like you? - way too much of that going around already.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/non-off-road-shaming-why.81019/page-3#post-1694929

Ironically, the first bullet point is the most important to me. I’m most comfortable in a diverse world. And… I don‘t consider myself an “idiot”.

Last edited:

ArmyRN

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1946 Willys CJ2A, 1998 Jeep TJ, 2023 Willys JLU
I've got a 2023 Willys JLU 2.0 XR on order. It'll be my daily driver. I'm enjoying these threads and am learning stuff about what I'm getting into. I've got a 98 TJ (and a 46 Willys) that's lifted and locked for when I need to do serious four wheeling.

My plan for traction aids is to put true-tracs in front and rear. I've done it to both a 98 ZJ and a 96 Dodge truck and was quite impressed as to what they could do off road and in snow.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
I have a rubicon and if i could do it again id go with the willys with xr package because i never even need to use the lockers unless its winter
And you really don’t want lockers in winter (unless you are already stuck😳). Limited slip is much better on ice/snow.
Sponsored