My LOD Signature series install

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
EDIT: I should mention that I am very happy with these sliders and would definitely buy them again. The scratches are so minor I probably shouldn't have even bothered to take pictures of them. As for the missing parts, LOD is sending them to me. Still the best sliders with a built in step on the market IMO.

One other thing to note: Aside from the one hole that for whatever reason was out of alignment, these sliders fit like a glove!

Update: It has always been my attention to let you know how LOD responds as this shows their true character. Good or bad. Well good news, LOD is shipping out the missing flag nuts and also all new lower plates since some were scratched. Really I just wanted the front missing plates so very nice of LOD to send me all of them. LOD mentioned that their second batch has a slotted hole which will solve any alignment issues. Also they mentioned to let anyone know if they are missing the flag bolts to contact them and they will ship them out ASAP!
Thank you LOD!

Original:
I got my LOD sliders in today and installed them. There were some imperfections and missing parts.

IMG_5410.JPG

This was packing foam sprayed into the box that leaked onto the slider. That was bloody hard to remove! I tried paint thinner, gas, rubbing compound and then finally some fine sandpaper. It had a dull shine after that so I spray painted that area. Fortunately it was the back side of the slider but the spray paint fixed it perfectly.
IMG_5411.JPG
The passenger slider had some scratches on it but very minor. I would prefer the scratches that are in them to be put there myself while off-road.
IMG_5412.JPG
IMG_5413.JPG

IMG_5415.JPG

There is one hole on the drivers side front of the frame that you put the supplied long bolt through but it wasn't in the correct place for me:
IMG_5418.JPG
I used a round file to slot it and then I painted it for protection.
IMG_5419.JPG
Here is the list of my missing parts:
SliderMissingParts.jpg
I also didn't get instructions but I was able to download them from LOD.
And here is the results:

IMG_5424.JPG IMG_5425.JPG IMG_5426.JPG

I'll be contacting LOD tomorrow for the missing parts and to also tell them about the imperfections.
Sponsored

Last edited:

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Damn....love those sliders but if LOD quality control is that bad....I am going to have to rethink it.
Let us know what they say.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Damn....love those sliders but if LOD quality control is that bad....I am going to have to rethink it.
Hopefully I am just a one off scenario. There is another person that has these already and they haven't mentioned any issues yet. I received an email from LOD asking for pictures so they can see what parts are missing. I sent the pictures off and I'm now waiting for a response.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The JL version bolts on easier than my JK LOD sliders. Also there are optional holes to drill but I recommend you drill them if you are serious about using your sliders. Two of the holes you drill use self tapping bolts which was way easier than on my JK which required a tap to make the threads first.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'm missing the same tabbed hex bolts. I dug through the box just to make sure they aren't in there, and nope. I sent a message to Northridge to see if they can get them since LoD has been a bit of a pain to deal with in the past for me. Hopefully I'll get them installed tomorrow, weather permitting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'm missing the same tabbed hex bolts. I dug through the box just to make sure they aren't in there, and nope. I sent a message to Northridge to see if they can get them since LoD has been a bit of a pain to deal with in the past for me. Hopefully I'll get them installed tomorrow, weather permitting.
Interesting. I imagine you mean tabbed hex nuts. At least that won’t stop you from installing the sliders as you can add those two bolts/nuts later.
I actually just built my own tool to wrap some half inch nuts I bought at the hardware store. I still have to wait for the lower front plates but you can’t really see those easily anyways.
image.jpg

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I don’t know if I’d chalk all of his issues up to quality control. The hole on the slider being a little off from the hole in the frame, it could be the plasma table didn’t cut the hole in the right place or it could be a slight variance from the vehicle these were designed on to the one it’s was installed on. While on the surface Wrangler’s are the same, underneath there might me minute differences that require you to make slight modifications to the parts you intend to install. Over the years I’ve had to do that on a number of parts from several big companies.

The other issues like the missing hardware or missing panels or even the excess foam on the slider, that’s just pretty sloppy work by the individual(s) tasked with preparing the product for shipment. Could this be a quality control issue? I guess it depends on each persons opinion of what a QC issue is.

That said, I’m now inclined to swing by my storage unit to fully unbox everything to see what if anything I may be missing.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Interesting. I imagine you mean tabbed hex nuts. At least that won’t stop you from installing the sliders as you can add those two bolts/nuts later.
Yep, those. I almost think I can get a small socket it there, I'll have a closer look today.

I find it interesting that the same bolts are missing. The box full of hardware / side plates doesn't include them on the inventory sheet included in the box.

SaveUp41

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
@tmakaro thanks a ton for all the pics and details. They look sharp but for the money, I would accept nothing less than perfection from LĹŤD. Too rushed to get it to market - I hope they make everything right for you.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@tmakaro thanks a ton for all the pics and details. They look sharp but for the money, I would accept nothing less than perfection from LĹŤD. Too rushed to get it to market - I hope they make everything right for you.
I am very happy with them and the scratches on one slider are so minor that I probably shouldn't have even mentioned them. It was really just the packaging they need to be more careful of. LOD is sending me the missing parts.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I should mention that I am very happy with these sliders and would definitely buy them again. The scratches are so minor I probably shouldn't have even bothered to take pictures of them. As for the missing parts, LOD is sending them to me.

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Update: It has always been my attention to let you know how LOD responds as this shows their true character. Good or bad. Well good news, LOD is shipping out the missing flag nuts and also all new lower plates since some were scratched. Really I just wanted the front missing plates so very nice of LOD to send me all of them. LOD mentioned that their second batch has a slotted hole which will solve any alignment issues. Also they mentioned to let anyone know if they are missing the flag bolts to contact them and they will ship them out ASAP!
Thank you LOD!

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
They've bent over backwards to make things right. It's very unlikely you will see issues like this again.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Excellent to know....glad they are supporting their products and customers. I still really like these sliders and think I will be ordering them soon.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just installed the driver side slider (started to rain so had to stop) by myself with the help of 2 floor jacks. Took a little over a half hour I guess, minus the missing bolt and not drilling in the optional rear hole due to lack of drill bit. These things are excellent quality and so far fit is perfect (didn't have to hog out that front hole) and they are ridiculously stout. Love me some LoD sliders.

I heard back from Northridge and they have contacted LoD and the parts are being shipped. Well done by the vendor and the manufacturer. Now I just hope my Rock Hard skids will mount over the slider's mounting tabs...
Sponsored