Jibba

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Frustrating experience:
  1. 2/27 - found a Jeep in transit on Jeep's website and called the dealership to inquire. Agreed on a verbal price for the jeep ($465 month / 42 months) and put down first months payment to hold it.
  2. Jeep arrived on 3/7 and i went to pick it up expecting to pay $465 month but finance manager informed me of good news! My payment would actually be cheaper at $400 a month. Seemed too good to be true, but she said she ran the numbers 3 times and it was my lucky day. I signed the contract dated 2/27 and drove the jeep home.
  3. 20 days later i get call from the finance manger stating the bank rejected the contract and that i would have to sign a new contract for the $465 that we originally discussed. They refused to admit they made a mistake and offered no explanation for why the deal was rejected ( they obviously F*cked up and were trying to cover their tracks). I guess a signed contract doesn't mean much for the consumer.
  4. I went down the next day and begrudgingly signed the new contract dated 3/1 and drove home disappointed
  5. 4 days later another Keffer finance person called me saying the bank was requiring another months payment before they would fund the deal and that i needed to pay another $465. I have had the jeep 24 days and already making 2 payments? Something stinks. Once the deal funds, i will call the bank to make sure they are reflecting 2 payments and that i only owe 40 more. I will also make sure i get a full 42 months from when i took delivery on 3/7
Don't trust anyone at Keffer
Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Yeah, $400 was too good to be true especially on a rubicon with no money down. I think $465 is good, but def would question why the bank is requiring another payment.

It’s too late now, but not sure I would have signed the second contract with the increase in payment. Let’s the say the role was reversed and I found en error in my favor on the contract I signed sayin the dealer owed me money back for whatever reason. They would not even entertain the idea of signing a a new contract. I would of held off until they threatened legal action. In my mind if the contract is signed then the Jeep is yours.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Oh, if the bank is requiring another payment. I would call the bank and pay them directly. Don’t give the money to the dealer.

OP
OP

Jibba

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Gene, I agree with you on all points. If the shoe were on the other foot, they would have laughed at me. I may actually test that theory this week and tell them i want a new contract just to hear their B.S.

It seemed my only options were to sign the new contract or return the Jeep. If i hadn't already agreed to $465, i would not have signed the 2nd contract. And i do like the new Jeep.

Regarding the 2nd payment, they owe me a check for $1000 as part of the original deal and they are taking the 2nd $465 out of that. When i pick that check up this week, i will be calling the bank in their presence to make sure both payments are being applied and that i will get the full 42 months out of my lease (if I want). If there is any "funny business" regarding the 2nd payment or the terms i will be talking to a lawyer.

OP
OP

Jibba

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
BTW....i still have all the paper work from the original lease with mine and their signatures.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Got it. You could also just say cut the check for $1000 and I’ll pay the $465 separately. Say you need it for accounting/tax purposes. Who are they to question that.

Good luck.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Why did you go back to give them more money?????

I don’t know how laws work in your state but it’s their fuckup and they should pay for it.

Stand your ground and if anything go for full refund.

Report them to BBB for bait and switch tactics.

Report them to FCA too if they’re being difficult.

OP
OP

Jibba

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
So the Finance manager called me back today and said they would eat the $465 and i would get the full $1,000 refund. Probably because they were trying to screw me over in the first place. But at least it was some good news. In the end, I think i got a pretty good deal on the vehicle. They just messed up something when they drew up the first "contract"

My Deal:
Sticker - $50,560
$0 down
$465 month x 42 months
$1000 check back to me

........and they threw in some kind of lease wear and tear package (which is probably worthless) but valued at $650

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So the Finance manager called me back today and said they would eat the $465 and i would get the full $1,000 refund. Probably because they were trying to screw me over in the first place. But at least it was some good news. In the end, I think i got a pretty good deal on the vehicle. They just messed up something when they drew up the first "contract"

My Deal:
Sticker - $50,560
$0 down
$465 month x 42 months
$1000 check back to me

........and they threw in some kind of lease wear and tear package (which is probably worthless) but valued at $650
That’s good to hear. I was actually at Huntersville Ford this weekend for something for my old car and in the parking lot the Finance Manager was cussing at a guy walking out on a deal over a difference of $6/month. It was so bad he apologized to me since I was standing there and heard everything.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Y'all should definitely check out Tri-City. They are a sponsor on this board and the best deal in NC.

I did a lease with them and they really went the extra mile to make sure I got the deal I wanted.
Sponsored