First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Day
No real update.

Stopped by the service center. Doesn't sound like they have even started on it. Advisor says they have to drop the transmission.

Gave me a 2018 Cherokee as a loaner.

I want my wrangler. :crying:
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Day
No real update.

Stopped by the service center. Doesn't sound like they have even started on it. Advisor says they have to drop the transmission.

Take photos and document everything .

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Day
No real update.

yeah I figured they;d have to drop the tranny. So you couldnt even get them to tell you if they started on it yet? I'd be yelling about that. Not so much that they havent started but arent giving me info on exactly where they are. I get that that dealers can be busy in the service dept.

My dealership was mobbed at the service desk, thankfully it wasnt a sea of new jeeps with issues but other type FCA vehicles. Prior to buying I looked at a few dealerships to see if the new ones were there being worked on and there really werent any in line and only a few in the waiting lot. So you and I were the lucky ones. lol

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
i am pretty sure these manual transmissions are like any other, and don't have a linkage. they would be a top loader, where shifter goes straight into the top of the gear box.
I think I've read somewhere that the manuals on the JL do use a linkage unlike the manuals on the JK. This was done to help reduce the shifter from shaking around.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I think I've read somewhere that the manuals on the JL do use a linkage unlike the manuals on the JK. This was done to help reduce the shifter from shaking around.
This is correct. JL uses a cable linkage.

gmangsxr750

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU (Freedom Edition), 2008 Mazda Tribute
Occupation
Web Application Developer
Good thing I had my Jeep branded tow strap, so a friggin Fiesta could tow me home.
10724.jpeg
I mean... would loved to have seen that on video.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yeah, I read that. The only new vehicles I've ever purchased were Fords. And strangely enough, I've never had to have one of them towed to the dealer before. :giggle:

Maybe I should have waited for the Bronco.
To be fair, from Ford's warranty (emboldening mine):

Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
That’s strange! Every single time I take my Jeep in I get a loaner (enterprise) paid for by dealer. I never pay a dollar and at times I’ve kept the loaner almost 2 weeks. Maybe it’s a Florida thing, but I’ve never had to pay for a loaner on any car under warranty for any repair, even if it’s a nonsense complaint (slight wind noise) they can’t replicate.
That's something offered by your dealer as a customer service perk; I'm sure they make up for it in higher prices at sales time and higher prices for parts and service, but it may be what is required to compete with other dealers in your area.

I think it depends on the dealership tbh...I've only ever owned Chrysler/dodge vehicles and every dealership I've gone to offered me a loaner while my vehicle was in service, and the current dealership I'm with now, does the same. I don't think it's brand-based.
If one dealer starts doing it, a majority of dealers will need to for competitive reasons.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Day
No real update.
:crying:
So what happened on Day 5 and Day 6 ?

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Anvil
I've been on this forum since its inception, and what I'm noticing is that almost all the serious problems on these JLs are occurring on Rubicon models. There are a handful of exceptions, but 98% of the time it's a Rubicon that went haywire, or didn't make it home, or lost an engine, or whatever the case may be. Hmm...
I'm inclined to think there are just more Rubicons being sold than anything else so, statistically you're going to see them being the broken ones. It's probably x% or Rubicons and x% of Sports and just a lot fewer Sports on the road to break.

rodhotter

First Name
bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 chevy colorado 2001 audi TT 225Q
waiting + reading how this "story" ends as everyone can learn from misfortunes of others!!

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Yup, had to call roadside service. Driving down the road, few miles from home. Shifted from 4th to 5th, heard a clunk then the shifter was loose in my hand. I took a video that I'll try to upload. All I had was 5th, neutral and 6th gear. No reverse.

Couldn't make it up a hill near my house. Used my Ford Fiesta to tow it home.

Really need it for a trip next weekend. Looks like jeep wave is only a one day rental? Ugh.

10722.jpeg

Good thing I had my Jeep branded tow strap, so a friggin Fiesta could tow me home.
10724.jpeg
Oh my God… How fucking aggravating… I don’t know about you but I would be fucking so pissed that we spend this much money on our beloved JL jeeps and this shit happens… I have more noises coming from my brand new Sahara than any old clunking car I’ve ever had… This is just ridiculous and I have no time to drop this off to any dealership and worry about that crap… Not super impressed

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
I'm really surprised that the warranty doesn't cover a loaner car. Good thing I kept my dead reliable Fiesta. I probably jinxed myself, I kept telling everyone that I was keeping the Fiesta since I bought a Chrysler product.
On a sidenote… Your Rubicon is fucking gorgeous

Schipperke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback ; Ford F150
So what happened on Day 5 and Day 6 ?
Service desk is still backed up with owners filing in for warranty service. What's very enlightening is the volume of owners getting stranded w/o putting any remarkable mileage or days owned. The other thing I read is the amount of time people wait for resolution. These dealers must be knee deep in warranty repairs. These failures so soon speak volumes of pathetic attention to detail of assembly. It is really a shame.
Sponsored