My JLUR was hauled off on a flatbed today... 1890 miles

Villagevip

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Maybe most of the action functions from the factory, fail are on a predetermined schedule ..This, so the aftermarket can flourish.. Buy a billet bulletproof short throw shifter, better and faster... So you end up spending, on two shifters...You don't buy a Jeep, you rebuild a better one..
Sponsored

ekometti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge 392, 2015 Cayenne S
Mercedes also suck , according to tow truck drivers .
Hell when you pay over $150 for an oil change it better be amazing!!! Once you hit the 3 yr tune up be prepared to shell out a lot of coin.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Hell when you pay over $150 for an oil change it better be amazing!!! Once you hit the 3 yr tune up be prepared to shell out a lot of coin.
Exactly ! And they must be the most non-fun . I saw them waiting for service at the local Mercedes dealer , and not one owner sitting in his Mercedes was smiling . They were unhappily scowling .

I walked in looking at the amazingly high prices , and not one salesman greeted me . What a jerky brand .

Completely different from Jeep owners . I advised a lady to trade in her Mercedes for a JKU , she did so , and she was happy .

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Good luck . The best part is you have your Mighty Fiesta , which can tow your weakened JL .
This made me literally lol.

My little Fiesta has been a tank. 41k miles since brand new, not a single issue with it.

Buy a Jeep, it gets towed away in two weeks.

I did get a call from DMV today, my plates are in, ready to be picked up. :cwl:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Maybe most of the action functions from the factory, fail are on a predetermined schedule ..This, so the aftermarket can flourish.. Buy a billet bulletproof short throw shifter, better and faster... So you end up spending, on two shifters...You don't buy a Jeep, you rebuild a better one..
Good idea . This is a good opportunity to improve it .

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
This made me literally lol.

My little Fiesta has been a tank. 41k miles since brand new, not a single issue with it.

Buy a Jeep, it gets towed away in two weeks.

I did get a call from DMV today, my plates are in, ready to be picked up. :cwl:
If you can post a photo of your mighty Fiesta , it will be fun to see .

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
If you can post a photo of your mighty Fiesta , it will be fun to see .
Ironically enough, I was on a 5k mile road trip with my fiesta when I found out the jeep came in. I stopped at Dennis Dillon to pick it up on my way home. Towed the Fiesta 500 miles home.
0813181311a.jpg

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
You might be waiting for an aftermarket JL shifter. They only just recently introduced a short shift kit for the JK after how many years?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Ironically enough, I was on a 5k mile road trip with my fiesta when I found out the jeep came in. I stopped at Dennis Dillon to pick it up on my way home. Towed the Fiesta 500 miles home.
0813181311a.jpg
Every JL should have the spare vehicle tow option. Allows you to tow your JL after it breaks down.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Yeah, I read that. The only new vehicles I've ever purchased were Fords. And strangely enough, I've never had to have one of them towed to the dealer before. :giggle:

Maybe I should have waited for the Bronco.
My few day old Rubicon had the ESS warning on and I had to bring it in. It sucks no doubt about it but they did give me a loaner vehicle. I had it for 4 or 5 days since it was a short in the wiring. They found it, its good now.

I believe the shifter is a new concept with it using a cable instead of directly connected to the tranny. I wondered if that was a good idea or not but I really dont know. It will likely be hard to get to but an easy fix and this will just be a memory. They are selling a lot of these things, its a new model year and these things do happen on occassion.

I hear you on the bronco, If they come out with a solid ft axle I will hate myself for not waiting. lol But I have had NEW fords go back to the dealer too. Go jap if you want a lessor chance of issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
I should make this a Fiesta thread.

So, recently I quit my job of 15 years. Gave myself 10 days off before starting the new job. I do some amature pistol competitions with Glock pistols. I decided to take off and hit three different competitions. Fort Townsend Washington, Greeley Colorado, and finally Billings Montana. Along the way I hit the Mighty Five national parks in Utah, among many other national parks. Drove through 10 states, 5k miles. It was the trip of a lifetime.
On the way home, I stopped at Dennis Dillon and picked up my jeep that I ordered 14 weeks prior. I thought it was the greatest thing when I filled out the loan application, how long have you been at your current job? :cwl: I wrote, tomorrow. :cwl::cwl:

So I rented the dolly and towed it the rest of the way home.

I had originally planned on having the Jeep for his trip.
0807181208.jpg

Last edited:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
That's right : your Jl can tow your Jl after it breaks down , lol .
Wonder if a mini electric Jeep could tow a JL. This should fit nicely in the cargo area. Just remember to keep it charged. Never know when you’ll need it.

3C54E510-3AC1-4ECC-8EE5-7F74CDA5D5A7.jpeg

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
OP that really sucks. I today called for a service appointment for my manual JLUR. Just this weekend, the clutch feels way stiffer than when it was new five months ago and the pedal now makes this annoying squeak/creak sound for the first 1/4 of travel with every shift. I have 8k miles. Hoping for a simple, fast fix for both of us!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Your absolutely right. The stick does run straight down through into the Transmission. There is a point where the gear shift stick attaches to the the "Gear Shift Shifter" Maybe linkage is the wrong terminology. A three on the tree would have a linkage (as in long rods and fork to rod links, but apparently even though there is a link to the "actual transmission" its not called a link. Mopar calls it this....

MOPAR Tower Shifter for NSG370 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Part no: 68089757AA

Fits: 2005-2017 Jeep Wrangler JK, TJ

And it is sold as on unit / box which bolts on. The shifter "stick" attaches to the "box" or tower to be more precise.

This first shot is the underside that makes actual contact with transmission. second is a side view.
Only sold as a unit so apparently this part would be the smallest related segment for purchase or replacement. And all this if it's the same as the 2018 versions.

I could see this being a real problem for instance on Engineer pass, Poughkeepsi Gulch.... Going down ..or up.
image_54153.jpg
Shifter.jpg
This is not the NSG 370. It is a new Aisin transmission, and yes, it has cable linkage, unlike the NSG370.
Sponsored