Sponsored

My JLUR was hauled off on a flatbed today... 1890 miles

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Sorry for no updates. I was out of town this weekend.

They ended up getting me a Cherokee as a free loaner on Thursday. They had still not updated me by this afternoon, so I stopped by after work.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not a mechanic. What I think he said is that the shift cable fell off, into the transmission. They pulled the transmission and are replacing the shift cable and linkage, or something like that. They are also putting a new clutch in, as they drove it into the service bay in 5th gear :facepalm:

Very disheartened to see my three week old JL all torn apart like this.:(

How can I trust that it will be reliable after this? Wonder if I can get an extension of the warranty, and how to go about asking for it.

Sorry for the photos... All I could grab as I was listening and looking at my poor Jeep.

10922.jpeg
10924.jpeg
10921.jpeg

I love my Jeeps, and I do all of my own maintenance & repair.....BUT..my new JL is too complicated and has too many high tech sensors/computers for me. After seeing some Jeeps in for service.... I am so thankful that River Oaks persuaded me to purchase the lifetime warranty......$2K.....Peace of mind....Priceless! Love my Jeeps !
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
I love my Jeeps, and I do all of my own maintenance & repair.....BUT..my new JL is too complicated and has too many high tech sensors/computers for me. After seeing some Jeeps in for service.... I am so thankful that River Oaks persuaded me to purchase the lifetime warranty......$2K.....Peace of mind....Priceless! Love my Jeeps !
I've seen many complements for River Oaks .

jimmiceman

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
My dealership has provided me with a loaner every time at no charge, I've brought it in. Plus I get unlimited free car washes with microfiber wipe down. The valet drives the jeep over to the waiting area. The inside waiting area has: Free coffee, soft drinks, popcorn and wait for it...... ice cream. My kids ask me every weekend to go wash the Jeep. All of this true. Not trolling.
Where do you live and what is the name of the dealership. I want in on this.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Where do you live and what is the name of the dealership. I want in on this.
Glenview IL. Fields Jeep, Dodge Chrysler. They have multiple dealerships and sell BMWs, volvos. Think they are in IL and Fla.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Sorry, I meant in regards to the $2k lifetime warranty, but I see you did not post that. Sorry.
Ahh, makes sense. Think you are seeking feedback from Iznthesky. There's at least one thread on these forums about discounted extended FCA warranty. There's a dealership that offers best pricing on official FCA extended warranties that you can get a quote from and then either buy from them or use as leverage with your dealership to provide them the opportunity to price match. It's a significant discount off the list. Do a search, it's worth the effort.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Ahh, makes sense. Think you are seeking feedback from Iznthesky. There's at least one thread on these forums about discounted extended FCA warranty. There's a dealership that offers best pricing on official FCA extended warranties that you can get a quote from and then either buy from them or use as leverage with your dealership to provide them the opportunity to price match. It's a significant discount off the list. Do a search, it's worth the effort.
Tom Winkels at Hayes Jeep in Kalamazoo , Michigan .

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Day 10. No real update. Dealership hasn't attempted to contact me. I posted a photo of the jeep getting towed on jeeps Facebook page. I was contacted and told a case manager would contact me. Nothing yet.

Going to stop by the dealership tomorrow after work.

Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Day 10. No real update. Dealership hasn't attempted to contact me. I posted a photo of the jeep getting towed on jeeps Facebook page. I was contacted and told a case manager would contact me. Nothing yet.

Going to stop by the dealership tomorrow after work.
Call Mike Manley CEO .

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Stopped in today. Supposed to be finished late Monday or Tuesday. Service advisor asked if I called corporate, because they called him asking about it. I told him no, I just posted photos on their Facebook page of my new Jeep getting towed away. He got a good chuckle out of that.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Stopped in today. Supposed to be finished late Monday or Tuesday. Service advisor asked if I called corporate, because they called him asking about it. I told him no, I just posted photos on their Facebook page of my new Jeep getting towed away. He got a good chuckle out of that.
So calling corporate works .

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
To be clear on the Jeep Wave same day rental:

NO-CHARGE SAME-DAY RENTAL

The worst part of routine maintenance? Not being able to use your Jeep® Brand vehicle while it’s in the shop. With a Jeep Wave membership, we’ve got you covered with a no-charge vehicle rental for the day so you can spend less time waiting and more time doing.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
To be clear on the Jeep Wave same day rental:

NO-CHARGE SAME-DAY RENTAL

The worst part of routine maintenance? Not being able to use your Jeep® Brand vehicle while it’s in the shop. With a Jeep Wave membership, we’ve got you covered with a no-charge vehicle rental for the day so you can spend less time waiting and more time doing.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

My local Jeep dealer service advisor informed me that if my Jeep needs service , they will call an Uber for me , at my expense .

Happily it hasn't needed any service from the dealer ; I take it to an independent .
Sponsored