old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Service desk is still backed up with owners filing in for warranty service. What's very enlightening is the volume of owners getting stranded w/o putting any remarkable mileage or days owned. The other thing I read is the amount of time people wait for resolution. These dealers must be knee deep in warranty repairs. These failures so soon speak volumes of pathetic attention to detail of assembly. It is really a shame.
Get a refund by writing or calling Mike Manley , CEO . Open a case as soon as possible . Get your Regional Customer Service Manager ( RCSM ) involved by demanding , in writing , that the dealer general manager put you in contact with him .

Document everything , especially how long they have it , for Lemon Law protection . Start researching your state's lemon law with the attorney general . Take photos of where it is on the dealer lot .

Best wishes .
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
So what happened on Day 5 and Day 6 ?
Sorry for no updates. I was out of town this weekend.

They ended up getting me a Cherokee as a free loaner on Thursday. They had still not updated me by this afternoon, so I stopped by after work.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not a mechanic. What I think he said is that the shift cable fell off, into the transmission. They pulled the transmission and are replacing the shift cable and linkage, or something like that. They are also putting a new clutch in, as they drove it into the service bay in 5th gear :facepalm:

Very disheartened to see my three week old JL all torn apart like this.:(

How can I trust that it will be reliable after this? Wonder if I can get an extension of the warranty, and how to go about asking for it.

Sorry for the photos... All I could grab as I was listening and looking at my poor Jeep.

10922.jpeg
10924.jpeg
10921.jpeg

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
To be fair, from Ford's warranty (emboldening mine):

Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel, telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or consequential damages you may have.
Well, I've purchased 5 new vehicles from Ford since 2002. I've never had one in for warranty work. So I guess I never had a reason to think about a loaner...

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport

They ended up getting me a Cherokee as a free loaner on Thursday. They had still not updated me by this afternoon, so I stopped by after work.

Excuse my ignorance, I'm not a mechanic. What I think he said is that the shift cable fell off, into the transmission. They pulled the transmission and are replacing the shift cable and linkage, or something like that. They are also putting a new clutch in, as they drove it into the service bay in 5th gear :facepalm:

How can I trust that it will be reliable after this? Wonder if I can get an extension of the warranty, and how to go about asking for it.

Sorry for the photos... All I could grab as I was listening and looking at my poor Jeep.
See post 106 above , document everything in the event they screw it up and you end up with a lemon .

photowiz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
Occupation
newspaper and outdoor photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know of any dealership that will give you a loaner car. Normally you have to rent one.
My dealer said they will. Haven't had to test it yet though.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Sorry to hear about the Jeep. If the dealer is good, the Jeep should run/operate like new when the rebuild it. Once flooded an engine in a VW 2.0 turbo engineZ. Engine was trashed. Costed $10k to repair, drove like new when they were done rebuilding it.

As for loaner cars, I owned an Audi before the Jeep. Always got a loaner even for a 1 hour oil change/service. Gave the dealer more flexibility as I was able to leave the car there all day, so they weren’t rushed.

Depends on dealer and brand.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU

10922.jpeg
10924.jpeg
10921.jpeg
Oh man, that stinks. Probably a learning session for the techs tearing apart your tranny. I wouldn’t hesitate to ask for extended powertrain warranty but at least you’re good to 60K.

Nash

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jk rubicon
I did notice that too but don't forget that the average crazy Jeepers on this forum probably knows that owning a Rubicon if you're a serious jeepers is usually the way to go. Not saying that sport or Sahara users are not serious jeepers but the people that complain the most are usually the people that put the extra effort and money into a product. I just recently purchased my JLUR and I noticed that my rear fender was warped and had almost an inch Gap enough for me to stick my fingers through and through the actual body.

But once again it comes down to this owning an American vehicle first generation always has its risks. That's why I took the five year extended warranty. We are basically taking the bullet for all future jeepers

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I don't know of any dealership that will give you a loaner car. Normally you have to rent one.
Every new JL Wrangler sold comes with the Jeep Wave Program. One of the many benefits is a free loaner vehicle if your JL needs to stay at the dealership for service.

I imagine we are just not hearing about the same problems with the Sports and Saharas because the majority of the members here buy Rubicons.
I don't think that's true, but without a poll of some sort we'll never know.

Well, I've purchased 5 new vehicles from Ford since 2002. I've never had one in for warranty work. So I guess I never had a reason to think about a loaner...
My dealer said they will. Haven't had to test it yet though.
See above.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
You will never need a loaner for your Mighty Fiesta .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Every new JL Wrangler sold comes with the Jeep Wave Program. One of the many benefits is a free loaner vehicle if your JL needs to stay at the dealership for service.

I don't think that's true, but without a poll of some sort we'll never know.

See above.
Have you read the Jeep Wave terms of service? It is not for over night service work. Same day service only.

From an email I got a few days ago.
Screenshot_2018-09-11-06-29-28.png

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Have you read the Jeep Wave terms of service? It is not for over night service work. Same day service only.

Interesting. The info they mailed me after I bought mine didn't say that. Hmm...

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR

To me, the Jeep Wave Program seems to be more of a PR stunt to get in the good graces of new owners. It's like they know the QC is down and need something to boost morale.

Hopefully this doesn't become a common occurrence on other JL's with the 6MT, that's what I was wanting to order.

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Why doesn't Jeep Wave offer towing on all JLs ? My auto insurance offers towing . OP must rely on his Fiesta for towing .

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Why don't they offer towing ? My auto insurance offers towing .
The road side assistance covers towing. Not sure why they have road side assistance separate from wave.

They sent out the flatbed to take mine to the dealer.
Sponsored