My JLUR was hauled off on a flatbed today... 1890 miles

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Yup, had to call roadside service. Driving down the road, few miles from home. Shifted from 4th to 5th, heard a clunk then the shifter was loose in my hand. I took a video that I'll try to upload. All I had was 5th, neutral and 6th gear. No reverse.

Couldn't make it up a hill near my house. Used my Ford Fiesta to tow it home.

Really need it for a trip next weekend. Looks like jeep wave is only a one day rental? Ugh.

10722.jpeg

Good thing I had my Jeep branded tow strap, so a friggin Fiesta could tow me home.
10724.jpeg
Sponsored

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
Yup, had to call roadside service. Driving down the road, few miles from home. Shifted from 4th to 5th, heard a clunk then the shifter was loose in my hand. I took a video that I'll try to upload. All I had was 5th, neutral and 6th gear. No reverse.

Couldn't make it up a hill near my house. Used my Ford Fiesta to tow it home.

Really need it for a trip next weekend. Looks like jeep wave is only a one day rental? Ugh.

10722.jpeg

Good thing I had my Jeep branded tow strap, so a friggin Fiesta could tow me home.
10724.jpeg
That sucks!!! Keep us posted as you learn more.

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
I'm really surprised that the warranty doesn't cover a loaner car. Good thing I kept my dead reliable Fiesta. I probably jinxed myself, I kept telling everyone that I was keeping the Fiesta since I bought a Chrysler product.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I'm really surprised that the warranty doesn't cover a loaner car.
Very few factory warranties do:

1.1:

Incidental And Consequential Damages Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover any incidental or conse- quential damages connected with your vehicle’s fail- ure, either while under warranty or afterward.

Examples of such damages include:

• Lost time;
  • Inconvenience;
  • The loss of the use of your vehicle;
  • The cost of rental vehicles, gasoline, telephone, travel, or lodging;
  • The loss of personal or commercial property; and
  • The loss of revenue.

Some states don’t allow incidental or consequential damages to be excluded or limited, so this exclusion may not apply to you.

Sponsored

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've been on this forum since its inception, and what I'm noticing is that almost all the serious problems on these JLs are occurring on Rubicon models. There are a handful of exceptions, but 98% of the time it's a Rubicon that went haywire, or didn't make it home, or lost an engine, or whatever the case may be. Hmm...

OP
OP
Bleep

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Very few factory warranties do:

1.1:

Incidental And Consequential Damages Not Covered
Your warranties don’t cover any incidental or conse- quential damages connected with your vehicle’s fail- ure, either while under warranty or afterward.

Examples of such damages include:

• Lost time;
  • Inconvenience;
  • The loss of the use of your vehicle;
  • The cost of rental vehicles, gasoline, telephone, travel, or lodging;
  • The loss of personal or commercial property; and
  • The loss of revenue.

Some states don’t allow incidental or consequential damages to be excluded or limited, so this exclusion may not apply to you.
Yeah, I read that. The only new vehicles I've ever purchased were Fords. And strangely enough, I've never had to have one of them towed to the dealer before. :giggle:

Maybe I should have waited for the Bronco.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I don't know of any dealership that will give you a loaner car. Normally you have to rent one.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I've been on this forum since its inception, and what I'm noticing is that almost all the serious problems on these JLs are occurring on Rubicon models. There are a handful of exceptions, but 98% of the time it's a Rubicon that went haywire, or didn't make it home, or lost an engine, or whatever the case may be. Hmm...
Yep, and they're all related to the mostly useless beads and trinkets disguised as technology.

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I imagine we are just not hearing about the same problems with the Sports and Saharas because the majority of the members here buy Rubicons.

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
Think I would pee my pants laughing if I would have seen the little Fiesta towing the mighty Rubicon. Hope it's just a loose linkage that can be easily fixed quickly!
Sponsored