My JLU Sport order was hijacked by FCA

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Posted to my FB page and tagged it to Jeep. I wish you the best Tyler!
Sponsored

Thomastko

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Now im worried because my order doest say sold to: (my name) it says sold to:(dealers name), and ive heard that its should have your name on it .. i hope thay does happen to me as my order is the only fully loaded rubi that they have ordered which means more eyes towards my rubi for training

OP
OP
newJLUguy

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Now im worried because my order doest say sold to: (my name) it says sold to:(dealers name), and ive heard that its should have your name on it .. i hope thay does happen to me as my order is the only fully loaded rubi that they have ordered which means more eyes towards my rubi for training
Yep, I would definitely keep an eye on your order or see if your dealer can change it. That sounds prime for picking!

Sponsored

Ybohannon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2008
Same boat

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I thought it was the window sticker that said "built for <name>"; the order shouldn't, I think, say "sold" to you when you haven't actually bought it yet.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Fascinating.

I guess taking the LSAT once upon a yesteryear doesn't qualify me to offer legal advice. Who knew?

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if this are reps hijacking JLs for aftermarket clients?!?
the thought crossed my mind too....notice how all the parts guys got JLs long before any customers?! (not that im complaining because I like parts...and im not accusing either...it just seems kind of odd)

Sponsored

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Fascinating.

I guess taking the LSAT once upon a yesteryear doesn't qualify me to offer legal advice. Who knew?
I know nothing good sir, im just married to her and she has never lead me wrong before. Arguing with women is a foolish game, arguing with a woman who argues for a living...well you get the idea lol. I removed my original post (her request) but the idea of it is that fraud could be involved @newJLUguy. If its something you are interested in, or want to pursue if its worth the hassle of legally pursuing, you shoulld seek out local attorneys and see if any of them want to take the case.

I doubt this will get you a Jeep any faster, but it could negate your damages assuming you have any. Rental car, lease extension, time pending trade offer etc etc etc.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
By all means, if there's cause for legal action, legal action should be pursued, conditions warranting. I had assumed far less legal obligation on FCA's part than may actually exist.

If indeed aftermarket suppliers are important enough to get higher priority, FCA should formalize that, not just snatch Jeeps out from under consumers' noses.

OP
OP
newJLUguy

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I know nothing good sir, im just married to her and she has never lead me wrong before. Arguing with women is a foolish game, arguing with a woman who argues for a living...well you get the idea lol. I removed my original post (her request) but the idea of it is that fraud could be involved @newJLUguy. If its something you are interested in, or want to pursue if its worth the hassle of legally pursuing, you shoulld seek out local attorneys and see if any of them want to take the case.

I doubt this will get you a Jeep any faster, but it could negate your damages assuming you have any. Rental car, lease extension, time pending trade offer etc etc etc.
I appreciate everyone's concern but since I didn't put any money down there's nothing for me to pursue. Without going into a lot of detail, my dealer has been in contact with FCA and they've been made aware of what happened (my Twitter post got their attention!). There are some scenarios being discussed but nothing formal at this time.

I just hope this doesn't happen to someone who DID put money down!

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I appreciate everyone's concern but since I didn't put any money down there's nothing for me to pursue. Without going into a lot of detail, my dealer has been in contact with FCA and they've been made aware of what happened (my Twitter post got their attention!). There are some scenarios being discussed but nothing formal at this time.

I just hope this doesn't happen to someone who DID put money down!
Your salesperson is probably more upset than you! They lost a January sale. At least you get to hold your money a little bit longer. Hopefully you are not dependent on taking delivery by a specific date and have current transportation.

OP
OP
newJLUguy

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your salesperson is probably more upset than you! They lost a January sale. At least you get to hold your money a little bit longer. Hopefully you are not dependent on taking delivery by a specific date and have current transportation.
Yep, I'm frustrated for them too and my Honda will have to do for now
Sponsored