My JLU Sport order was hijacked by FCA

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I don't see it there. Did they remove it? Or they have their page set so that all posts need to be approved by them, in which case I doubt the page admin will approve that.
You go to the Jeep facebook page, click on "Posts" on the left hand side. Then on the right side it shows "Visitor posts".

upload_2018-1-15_11-52-6.png
Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
That sucks big time. unfortunately this stuff happens a lot on a corporate level.. i would know lol. you probably dont want to hear it but i would get yourself another order in. just speaking from experience..this will be buried and kept swept and the only one it will end up affecting will be you.
hang in there brother, karma may not always be on time but it'll come around. gl

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F-150, 2018 Granite Crystal Metalic JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AF, Now Field Engineer / Site Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks big time. unfortunately this stuff happens a lot on a corporate level.. i would know lol. you probably dont want to hear it but i would get yourself another order in. just speaking from experience..this will be buried and kept swept and the only one it will end up affecting will be you.
hang in there brother, karma may not always be on time but it'll come around. gl
Still doesn't hurt to post on their FB page. At least we can make it somewhat uncomfortable, from a PR standpoint, for them. Maybe, just maybe, they'll contact the OP and work something out...

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Unfortunate and unseemly, but unless you paid for it already it's just a
Better yet, paste it in the comment section of every new post they make so everyone will see
I disregard anyone who does that. Makes you look like a crackpot.

This is a sucky situation but until the money is paid for the vehicle it belongs to FCA (or the dealership) but not the buyer.

Sponsored

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
Still doesn't hurt to post on their FB page. At least we can make it somewhat uncomfortable, from a PR standpoint, for them. Maybe, just maybe, they'll contact the OP and work something out...
Definitely. all depends what the op time is worth as their is no monetary loss. hang it there brother

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

This is a sucky situation but until the money is paid for the vehicle it belongs to FCA (or the dealership) but not the buyer.
True, but a single post from multiple folks asking for them to explain themselves is, on occasion, effective. Doesn't hurt, and doesn't cost anyone anything but a few minutes of time.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Had he money down? would that change the argument?

RonH

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Had he money down? would that change the argument?
I don't think it would change the argument from a moral standpoint...from a purely legal one, maybe. The point is, when he ordered, he was assigned a VON in his name, and ultimately a VIN...again in his name. FCA had an obligation (perhaps not a legal one) to ship that specific JL to him. Instead, they violated his trust (and ours?) by re-routing that JL to one of their reps. Does he have any recourse legally? Probably not (and, I'm in no way a lawyer). But he does have a huge amount of recourse in the court of public opinion, and at least in the short term, that particular court can make things uncomfortable for Jeep/FCA if enough folks jump on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, I doubt many, even as many as have read this thread, will post on Jeeps's FB page, which is too bad. But, this is how we operate as citizens these days...if it doesn't happen to me, it doesn't concern me. Bad way of thinking, IMO.

NFRs2000NYC

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Strange, when you order your vehicle from FCA, the window sticker will read "THIS VEHICLE WAS SPECIALLY BUILT FOR YOUR NAME". (your name being your first and last name)

I have factory ordered all 4 of my jeep products (2 wranglers, 1 GC, and 1 Renegade all the way from Italy) and all of them say the same thing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
newJLUguy

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
When something like this happens around here the local news gets the story and they stick a mic and camera in their face. It's amazing how well that works. Could you do something similar?
Probably not in this situation - I don't want the local news bugging the dealership. I get what you're saying though.

@newJLUguy Have you found out how this can even happen? Who has the power to hijack this, intercept it and have it shipped to a different location?
Nope, no idea how this happened. I'm sure anyone with enough power can make someone change the order. Sucks that they did it to a customer order though and not a regular dealer allocation unit.

Man that sucks. Your dealer can't be happy either. They lost a January sale.

I'd be asking FCA for some sort of rebate.
RIght! And they lost 4 other dealer allocation units so they're not happy at all.

That's terrible. Hopefully, FCA can resolve this in short time for you.
Thanks, me too!

Three landed up the street from my office so I stopped by at lunch to see em' in person and while the salesman knew they were delivered we swept the lot only to be told they were confiscated by jeep Reps as soon as they were off the trailer-lol (seems familiar) and No they were not mine- waiting for the Blue orders to open
Interesting, hopefully they weren't customer orders and this isn't happening to other people. Those reps should have to wait if a customer order is ahead of theirs.

Stay positive. At least your new, new JL will be built by more experienced workers.
Good point, thank you

Who are these reps I keep hearing about? Are they FCA employees that help out the dealers with training, service and inventory?

Can't they order and buy their own vehicles directly from FCA at a much greater discount?
Not sure, maybe someone else can chime in if they know more.

Here's a direct link to the Jeep facebook page - post up!

https://www.facebook.com/jeep/
Thanks for spreading the word!

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I think about how excited I've been for this JL, and then I imagine myself putting in an order 2.5 months ago, and waiting anxiously, and then I think about this happening to me, and I feel ANGRY

OP
OP
newJLUguy

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
You're right but it's still a dick move by someone and not good for their customer service. I'm a pretty realistic person but it doesn't hurt to let them know you're upset about the whole situation.

Yep, getting the word out can't hurt.

Agreed, but it's still a shitty customer service move. And I don't want to completely spam them because, in the grand scheme of things they're dealing with, this is nothing but a blip on their radar.

Definitely. all depends what the op time is worth as their is no monetary loss. hang it there brother
Thank you sir.

I don't think it would change the argument from a moral standpoint...from a purely legal one, maybe. The point is, when he ordered, he was assigned a VON in his name, and ultimately a VIN...again in his name. FCA had an obligation (perhaps not a legal one) to ship that specific JL to him. Instead, they violated his trust (and ours?) by re-routing that JL to one of their reps. Does he have any recourse legally? Probably not (and, I'm in no way a lawyer). But he does have a huge amount of recourse in the court of public opinion, and at least in the short term, that particular court can make things uncomfortable for Jeep/FCA if enough folks jump on the bandwagon. Unfortunately, I doubt many, even as many as have read this thread, will post on Jeeps's FB page, which is too bad. But, this is how we operate as citizens these days...if it doesn't happen to me, it doesn't concern me. Bad way of thinking, IMO.
No legal obligation whatsoever so I'm purely hoping on their customer service support. I just can't get past the idea that a rep had more pull than a customer and someone thought it was okay to yank my order after waiting for 2.5 months.

Strange, when you order your vehicle from FCA, the window sticker will read "THIS VEHICLE WAS SPECIALLY BUILT FOR YOUR NAME". (your name being your first and last name)

I have factory ordered all 4 of my jeep products (2 wranglers, 1 GC, and 1 Renegade all the way from Italy) and all of them say the same thing.
Yeah I wondered if I could call that dealership and ask them to pull the sticker to see what was printed. Would be interesting to find out.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Damn sorry to hear about this! I hope Jeep somehow expedites your next Wrangler because it's bullshit.

OP
OP
newJLUguy

newJLUguy

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
I think about how excited I've been for this JL, and then I imagine myself putting in an order 2.5 months ago, and waiting anxiously, and then I think about this happening to me, and I feel ANGRY
Yep, it pisses me off the more I think about it. My kids are bummed about it too. Hell, I've been talking about ordering a Jeep for almost 2 years and decided to order the JL as a late 40th birthday present. I even got a Jeep grill key chain for Christmas from my wife because we knew it was coming soon. Plus it would have been cool (for me and for my dealer) to be one of the first customer sales.
Sponsored