Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

been rolling around on the ugly black steelies for a while now. finally scored the wheels ive been eyeing for a while now off a fellow member here. picked up some Rubi upgrade wheels and tires. bolted them on my stock height Sport. i plan to do some light wheeling. hopefully wont have any rubbing issues. i was thinking of going with a stock Rubi lift but am also thinking i may want to go a little higher and up to 35s eventually. so not sure at the moment. if the Rubi lift is easy enough to install/uninstall then for a few hundred bucks i may rock it for a year.

anywho, for those others with the "lowly" Sport and considering going with stock Rubi size tires on a stock rig i thought this could help. i could hardly find any pics of a Granite JLU on these particular wheels.

IMG_9915 (1) (Large).jpg

IMG_9918 (Large).jpg

IMG_9919 (Large).jpg

IMG_9923 (Large).jpg
Sponsored

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Looks good. How's the Sport gearing working with them?

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Looks good. How's the Sport gearing working with them?
i havent had a chance to drive it yet. i woke up this morning and it was gone. the Mrs. decided to take it to work today lol. but she said it drives nice.

RCRacer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
This looks great. Looking for a set for myself to do the same thing.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
been rolling around on the ugly black steelies for a while now. finally scored the wheels ive been eyeing for a while now off a fellow member here. picked up some Rubi upgrade wheels and tires. bolted them on my stock height Sport. i plan to do some light wheeling. hopefully wont have any rubbing issues. i was thinking of going with a stock Rubi lift but am also thinking i may want to go a little higher and up to 35s eventually. so not sure at the moment. if the Rubi lift is easy enough to install/uninstall then for a few hundred bucks i may rock it for a year.

anywho, for those others with the "lowly" Sport and considering going with stock Rubi size tires on a stock rig i thought this could help. i could hardly find any pics of a Granite JLU on these particular wheels.

IMG_9915 (1) (Large).jpg

IMG_9918 (Large).jpg

IMG_9919 (Large).jpg

IMG_9923 (Large).jpg
Careful on the "lowly" comments. I've seen some sports that would beat any Rubicon any day. To each thier own.

passingnotes

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
i’m running same size rubi wheels on a sport s - zero issues with gearing. it would like to be around 3.7, but 3.45 is fine with zero impact on stock ride imho

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I don’t feel like the gearing is an issue though i only drove 100 miles with the stock tires. I have a manual. It’s not got a lot of power in upper gears at highway speeds but i don’t think it’s the tires.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

i got to take it out for a drive the other day. drove to my buddys about 25 miles away. pretty much all LA freeway.

it definitely sits higher. we're a short family, myself included lol, and we instantly noticed the extra effort to get inside the vehicle. and trying to reach up to lift/lower the top from standing on the ground is even more of a chore now lol. cant wait to find some good side steps i really like.

the difference is barely noticeable but i did notice it. just a liiiittle more to get it going and to stop. the ride/comfort didnt really feel any different. all in all definitely worth it for the big upgrade in looks and more aggressive tires. i havent looked at mpg yet but i dont think it will be too much more. they are heavier than my stock set up. i used my $150 shipping scale to weigh the set ups and took pics. im going to post a thread once i have it all together. im having some other stock rubi wheels/tires dismounted and was going to weigh them as well before posting up. all in all the new set up weighs more, due to the big heavy tires.

my stock steelie on Wrangler AT weighed in at 65.2lbs while this rubi set weighs in at 79.2. so a 14lb per corner weight gain. which isnt great but it is what it is. eventually i may have some custom lightweight forged wheels made by a friend which would shave about 15lbs per corner but we'll see. that's not cheap lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

here's some pics i took when i took it for that drive, on the 4th of July. this little "obstacle" is near my house. im going to disconnect the sway bar to see how the flex works with these wheels on stock height.

IMG_9932.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
here's some pics i took when i took it for that drive, on the 4th of July. this little "obstacle" is near my house. im going to disconnect the sway bar to see how the flex works with these wheels on stock height.

IMG_9932.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

How much were these? I'm buying some rubi wheels on Wednesday. Want to make sure I'm not getting ripped, lol.

OP
OP
Pig-Pen

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

How much were these? I'm buying some rubi wheels on Wednesday. Want to make sure I'm not getting ripped, lol.
i think it largely depends on your location. from what ive seen everything in LA sells for more than most other places. i paid $1300 which included tires and tpms. got them off a member on this forum. a little pricey but these wheels have been difficult to locate. a guy on CL was selling the rims alone for $700.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
i think it largely depends on your location. from what ive seen everything in LA sells for more than most other places. i paid $1300 which included tires and tpms. got them off a member on this forum. a little pricey but these wheels have been difficult to locate. a guy on CL was selling the rims alone for $700.
Cool. I just bought some for 1250 with tpms installed and balanced. Seems like we got a good deal. I just gotta throw them on.

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

IMG_9915 (1) (Large).jpg

IMG_9918 (Large).jpg

IMG_9919 (Large).jpg

IMG_9923 (Large).jpg

I did the same thing today. It's definitely a different feel, but looks good.

20180712_124527.jpg
Sponsored