OP
OP
Kahdir

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Did the guy's insurance pay for all of it or did you have to add your insurance to help pay for the cost?
For now, it's through mine because I had new car replacement on my policy, they'll go through subrogation with his policy holder. It was easier/faster than fighting the difference with his insurance company.
Hoping this doesn't raise my rates down the road :fingerscrossed:

Ruby Jack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
For now, it's through mine because I had new car replacement on my policy, they'll go through subrogation with his policy holder. It was easier/faster than fighting the difference with his insurance company.
Hoping this doesn't raise my rates down the road :fingerscrossed:
I'm an insurance agent, don't know about the laws in your state, but if it happened here in CT, you'd have a Comp claim of over 1k on your record and it would absolutely effect your premiums. It stays on your license for 5 years here.

Edit: This is assuming several things. Most insurers do have loyalty rewards like having a policy over 5 years could make it so certain claims don't effect your premiums. But if you were to say look for another insurer, it would definitely effect the premium. You should call your insurance to see if you have such rewards and if they'll be applied.

OP
OP
Kahdir

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I'm an insurance agent, don't know about the laws in your state, but if it happened here in CT, you'd have a Comp claim of over 1k on your record and it would absolutely effect your premiums. It stays on your license for 5 years here.
ARGH! :angry:

PA laws are likely similar, thank you for the info.

Sponsored

River City Offroad

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.RiverCityOffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Triple White - RK 3.5" X-Factor Stage 1 / Steer Smarts / Mickey Thompson / Fuel
Occupation
Owner at River City Offroad
Did that Jeep have proximity entry on it? I tried to find a pic of the window sticker on Google but no dice. :)

Sponsored

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Kahdir

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
#1 - I'm glad that you and everyone else is relatively okay!
#2 - I would be so glad to re-purpose many of those parts on to my JLU! It looks like one has to buy the whole thing though. Is that right?
Thank you.

Yes, unfortunately.

My gut tells me a shop or manufacturer might purchase it, sell off the reusables and build a rock buggy or use it as a R&D vehicle.

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What are your plans for the next Jeep? Have you had any time to think about what you might do next?

OP
OP
Kahdir

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
What are your plans for the next Jeep? Have you had any time to think about what you might do next?
Already did the basic stuff (mats, entry guards, grab handles). I will be adding MOLLE packs and holders for mag-lite & fire extinguisher.
At some point I would like to put on 35s (will be looking for Rubi take-offs on craigslist), winch & bumper and maybe extended (Mopar) rockers. Waiting to see AEVs bumper solution.

Soft top-wise, looking forward to a Trek/Adventure top for the fastback look.
Sponsored