Sponsored

My JL Wrangler Crash = Total Loss :(

robplumm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR in Dozer
Sounds like airbag injuries...

Glad you're relatively ok...good luck on the search for the new Jeep.

That said...as has been mentioned, make sure your insurance goes after "pain and suffering"...especially if it effects your job. It might not be much, but hey...could be enough for a new accessory or two on the new rig :D
Sponsored

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
Man that sucks. Poor babee barely got her feet wet before being put out of commission. Hope you recover swiftly and without further setbacks

Jethris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2106 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Very glad you are okay, and that there is no doubt as to liability.

Having said that, can we have a moment of silence for a brother JLUR who passed before his time? Never got to experience offroad, probably didn't even learn to use all 4 wheels to drive! It's a tragedy, a JLUR taken before his time.

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
So sorry for this avoidable 'accident.' You'll certainly recover and get back into a JL but it's such a pain the a. Almost one year ago to the day I lost my Pontiac G8 to an inattentive driver. It never surprises how dumb people really are. My JL will be replacing the G8.

IMG_20170407_103129122_zpstkfcits0.jpg

Sponsored

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
So sorry for this avoidable 'accident.' You'll certainly recover and get back into a JL but it's such a pain the a. Almost one year ago to the day I lost my Pontiac G8 to an inattentive driver. It never surprises how dumb people really are. My JL will be replacing the G8.

IMG_20170407_103129122_zpstkfcits0.jpg
Can you do an engine transplant from the G8? :)

swimman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Can you do an engine transplant from the G8? :)
The engine was fine. It was more of a frame issue and was on the cusp of being totalled or not. I convinced the insurance company to total it and they reimbursed me at a great rate. Did not want to chance fixing it with the damage that was done. It sold at Copart for $3400 a few months later . I really miss that car but the JL will fit the bill when I finally get around to ordering one .

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Everything everyone said about life being precious and a vehicle being replaceable: ditto.

I do though have an interesting angle, if not said somewhat tongue-in-cheek, seeking to find a "silver lining" in this "cloud."

Reject the insurance companies offer and maintain salvage title to the rig.

Sell the parts--in short supply right now. Use the proceeds to buy 2 new rigs.;)

Seriously though, Good luck.

Devilmints

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL wrangler sport-s
So glad you and everyone involved are ok. This is Brandon from Motorworld by the way. Was just browsing through and saw this post. Had to take a look. It's always tough having to deal with the aftermath, but it will work out for you!

Sponsored

SarahMobius

First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Breeze, Jeep Wrangler JLU
I had 410 miles on my JKU that I had for 4 days. I feel your pain.