My JL Wrangler Crash = Total Loss :(

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
As many others have said, glad you weren’t more seriously injured. Will pray for quick healing.

ART-DOC

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU, 2017 Volvo XC90 T6
Get treatment ASAP! I highly recommend an auto injury specialized multidisciplinary clinic. Do your treatments and do everything they want you to do. Do yourself a favor and lawyer up as well. These are gigantic insurance companies that are designed to provide profits to shareholders and do not want to pay out any more than they have to. Unfortunately, your wrist will never be the same and is likely to have issues as you age. Auto injuries are unique as they can produce deep spinal ligament sprains that can show weeks after the accident and can have life long reprocutions. Do your due diligence and cross check the clinics with review sites.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Thankfully it wasnt worse, especially since it was nearly head on, and the Jeep did its job protecting.

Kahdir - Are you sure you don't want to spring for the steel bumpers?!? heh

Have a quick recovery and like ART posted get checked!

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
The insurance will try to settle super fast and write you a check for your injury, if you are ok thats one thing, if not like peopel said you are not i na rush, jsut because they are, go to a doctor.

My last jeep got hit hard and broke front axle, I like to suck it up, but a couple of days later things started hurting alot more. They cut me a quick check and I took it thinking jsut massive brusing on chest.. well I was ok long term but short term was hurt worse than I realized

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Man I know exactly how you feel. In my brand new 2008 JKU Rubicon. Got hit by a sequoia I had it less than a month. It looked way worse than yours does but they put I back together. Been fine for 10years. So I feel you pain. Better luck next time :rock:

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thank God, thank you guardian angles watching over me and thank you Jeep engineers.
Sounds like your guardian angels were asleep on the job. I’d get better ones.;):devil:

Good to hear no one was seriously hurt.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I'm glad everyone made it out in one piece. I hope the Insurance is good enough to get a direct replacement for that Rubicon, it looked great!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kahdir

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
F-Ugh !! :no::(

Glad you only suffered relatively ‘minor’ injuries.

Looks like little surface damage, but I hope they write it off for you!
So that way you can truly get back to that ‘New Jeep’ feel, despite all the hassle involved.

Quick question out of personal curiosity: Did you even name her/him yet?

Some people know right away what to name their Jeep, some have to wait until something comes to them after riding in it, just curious if you got to that stage yet.

Did you even get any accesories on yet, like even a sun-visor glasses holder or litter bag/box or something?

Good luck with the recovery and the insurance company, hope both go smoothly. :like:

Thank you as well as everyones well wishes, truly mean a lot :like:

Didn't get a chance to name her, my previous Wrangler was Kermit and my wife's is Cinnamon
268313_10150223357250852_2034187_n.jpg
459880_10150773231725852_1475164937_o.jpg

Only got around to some basic accessories (all-weather mats, sport handles f&r, entry guards, nav screen protector).
Original plan was to buy a set of take-off Rubi wheels, possibly powdercoat them and mount 35s. Was waiting to see AEVs JL front bumper or what's involved with mounting the ARB JK bumper.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear about your Jeep. But, as others have said, at least you're ok.
Wishing you a quick recovery.

Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Kahdir, Sorry to hear about your incident and hope you have a speedy recovery. You've gotten some really good advise already and I hope you find another replacement JLUR. My wife and I went through an incident similar to yours and had our 2016 JKU totaled after 3 months of ownership. All because of a careless driver. We're still getting over our injuries from Oct. 2017 and having to have our Jeep totaled. Now we have a JLUR on order. Get well soon.
IMG_6892.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: