Sponsored

My JL won’t turn on after switching speakers out!! Push button start does nothing!

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I think the big problem is when the dealer said “We Think The Problem Is”
Especially because in that situation you have to pay for parts and installation only for them to say "I guess that wasn't it."

They don't eat the cost for installing parts that don't fix the issue, you do.
Sponsored

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
I’ve lost sleep not knowing what the cause is on this. When you say it responded to your brake tap what was it doing? Any chance you have a video of the attempted start sequence? Cannot imagine wires were burnt through without something major going down.

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’ve lost sleep not knowing what the cause is on this. When you say it responded to your brake tap what was it doing? Any chance you have a video of the attempted start sequence? Cannot imagine wires were burnt through without something major going down.
Not sure this is what your looking for and I don't say to insult you, Hold the brake pedal down while pressing the start button......And Thank You for Your Service!

OP
OP

Michaelrodz01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
UPDATE! Boyyy you won’t believe the fire burning in me. So they “deduced” that it was the “cables” which I never saw nor smelled and that they already replaced them without telling me first if I wanted to go ahead or not and just called me to pick it up tomorrow for the $1,000 repair which they did not explain quite well on top of the language barrier. What really set me off is they just did it without telling me first or nothing. I’m assuming they discarded the old pieces too so I have no idea if what theyre telling me they fixed was the actual problem or not. This a Jeep dealership too in Italy.

OP
OP

Michaelrodz01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
UPDATE! Boyyy you won’t believe the fire burning in me. So they “deduced” that it was the “cables” which I never saw nor smelled and that they already replaced them without telling me first if I wanted to go ahead or not and just called me to pick it up tomorrow for the $1,000 repair which they did not explain quite well on top of the language barrier. What really set me off is they just did it without telling me first or nothing. I’m assuming they discarded the old pieces too so I have no idea if what theyre telling me they fixed was the actual problem or not. This a Jeep dealership too in Italy.
All I know is that my jeep starts now and I got a hefty $1000 bill tomorrow.

Sponsored

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Sorry that happened.....In that Country I am afraid you are just hosed....

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
That’s rough... hopefully they at least have the old/burned stuff to show you but I’m guessing not at this point. Sorry, that sucks all around.

keithg2101215

First Name
Keith Gorham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee
I would not pay for a repair I did not authorize. If I was going to pay, I would have to see the old cables. If they discarded them, i would not pay. Do not trust them.

I used to own an repair shop and would always keep old parts for show and tell, and would love it when a customer asked to see old parts. I often now ask for old parts just to keep them honest.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It didn't start when you took it in. It now starts and runs . They did something, not paying is not an option. Labor rates are over $100 hour here, what are they there ? 10 hours of diagnosis, repairing wiring is entirely possible. You screwed up, take it as a " lesson" and move on
Sponsored