Sponsored

My JL won’t turn on after switching speakers out!! Push button start does nothing!

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
A couple of ideas

Have you measured the voltage at the two batteries?

The speaker wires, I assume you hooked up both wires to each speaker? On old systems, some folks would run just one wire to a speaker and use the metal on the car as the return path. New stereos do not allow you to ground one side of the speaker as the return path.
Sponsored

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Do you have an older (2018) JL 3.6L where you failed to rewire the ESS/Aux battery's s negative back to the negative on the main battery?

In earlier JLs this will prevent the vehicle from cranking while still allow the main battery to energize things like you've described.

KarlN

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited 4XE
Occupation
Retired
Hopefully you checked ALL the fuses? first place to g... I agree with JLUDave.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Try installing remote start and start the vehicle that way since all you have to do is tap the brakes to get going, but hood luck turning the Jeep off 😂

Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
When I did my always on cigar lighter conversion I bumped the Aux Battery positive connection. Afterwards, the CanBus went to 'sleep' until I acutally started the engine (cycling through didn't do anything). Suggest you disconnect the Aux Battery positive, wait a while, then reconnect.

OP
OP

Michaelrodz01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
When I did my always on cigar lighter conversion I bumped the Aux Battery positive connection. Afterwards, the CanBus went to 'sleep' until I acutally started the engine (cycling through didn't do anything). Suggest you disconnect the Aux Battery positive, wait a while, then reconnect.
Like just the positive on the aux battery and connect the main battery?

Sponsored

OP
OP

Michaelrodz01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
Good advice. Also, Michael, if your aux. battery is low, this can prevent the starter relay from energizing. Make sure both the main battery and the aux. battery are fully charged.
My neighbor checked both and said they are 90% charged

OP
OP

Michaelrodz01

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
So as of now nothing I’ve done works. On the brightside I’m loving the music system. I just like to hop in playing music and cry cause it won’t Fu***** start 😅🥲😂. Apparently the batteries are good, I only snipped old speaker wire cables and all the connections are solid. I have a tow truck coming to slide it out of my garage and take it to the dealership near by. Also the fuses I could test were all good to go, I have no idea what it could be.

AdamNash

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Sorry if this has been said already but have you double checked the brake wiring under the dash? Seems like it’s behaving as if it’s not registering the brake press. Could have just pulled a wire or plug loose.

just reread it and saw “If I press on the brake the display lights”. Really felt like a brake switch issue. Sorry.
Sponsored