Sponsored

My JL won’t turn on after switching speakers out!! Push button start does nothing!

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
OP-based on your location is it safe to say you have a Euro Spec JL?
Sponsored

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
NO. This is not possible. It was on some older Grand Cherokees (and possibly other Jeep models).
Yep - thanks. My mistake.... I found that on a older thread here trying to search a solution for ya.

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
May want to open the fuse box under the hood and check for blown fuse.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
It does nothing, the push button start normally lights up for ACC or RUN but not lights either it’s like the button is not connected but I reconnected it.
Did you disconnect the harness from the back of the pushbutton module when doing your wiring? If so, perhaps you didn't get the connector fully reseated? I've done mine a few times and notice the harness goes in further than expected before clicking in place.

Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Seriously, tho, if the fuses check OK then it's time to plug in a scanner. Sign of the times I'm afraid.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
If you have the small auxiliary battery - if you weren't careful when you disconnected the battery positive cable you may have allowed the end to touch ground and you probably blew one of the main, high amp fuses along the side of the fuse block assembly. That's because the positives of the two batteries are connected through that high amp fuse.

Later,
Johnny

Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Post #4 suggest that you unplugged the push start button so my best guess is a bent pin when you reinstalled it or soft set it. Pull it back out and inspect.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
If you have the small auxiliary battery - if you weren't careful when you disconnected the battery positive cable you may have allowed the end to touch ground and you probably blew one of the main, high amp fuses along the side of the fuse block assembly. That's because the positives of the two batteries are connected through that high amp fuse.

Later,
Johnny
Good advice. Also, Michael, if your aux. battery is low, this can prevent the starter relay from energizing. Make sure both the main battery and the aux. battery are fully charged.