Sponsored

My JL has had several major issues in first 10k miles, what should i do?

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
No way.... you didn't go to OC auto jeep in costa mesa did you? They gave me a new dark grey jeep compass.. and it has the same issue.. the auto start stop turned the motor off twice while i was driving it and didn't turn the motor back on, I just turned it in saturday morning, and got a cherokee instead..
just saw you are halfway across the country.. so clearly not the same one.. says alot about the quality concerns we all have been talking about
Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
No way.... you didn't go to OC auto jeep in costa mesa did you? They gave me a new dark grey jeep compass.. and it has the same issue.. the auto start stop turned the motor off twice while i was driving it and didn't turn the motor back on, I just turned it in saturday morning, and got a cherokee instead..
Nah, I am in N Texas. The ESS ordeal is crazy. I had a 17 Cherokee, no issues. My brother has an 18 Cherokee with 60k+ miles, no issues. (He drives a lot for work)

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Nah, I am in N Texas. The ESS ordeal is crazy. I had a 17 Cherokee, no issues. My brother has an 18 Cherokee with 60k+ miles, no issues. (He drives a lot for work)
ya my JKU was solid, and my wife has had two grand Cherokees which we loved and had zero problems with. We plan to buy her a Wagoneer by end of years, as long as they are out.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
ya my JKU was solid, and my wife has had two grand Cherokees which we loved and had zero problems with. We plan to buy her a Wagoneer by end of years, as long as they are out.
I just received a voicemail that my Jeep is ready.
6 qts of oil caused CEL, CEL caused Start/Stop to fault - no explanation of P0390 (Camshaft Sensor Fault)
I am waiting for a call back before I pick it up. I don't understand that domino effect.
But they did update the radio software and ordered parts for the TSB.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
6 qts of oil caused CEL, CEL caused Start/Stop to fault - no explanation of P0390 (Camshaft Sensor Fault)
I am waiting for a call back before I pick it up. I don't understand that domino effect.
Mines been in the shop since middle of last week, i guess the parts are in high demand.. so they are trying to get them in

Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
Mines been in the shop since middle of last week, i guess the parts are in high demand.. so they are trying to get them in
They told me a few weeks.
They gave me my Jeep back today.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That's total BS.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
It sounds like they didn't "rebuild" the OP's transmission at all, it seems like a TCM problem.

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
That's total BS.
I have an hour drive coming up later this morning. We shall see how she behaves. The drive home from the dealership was without ESS. Cabin Cooling/Heating was on the entire time. My drive this morning will be without full blast AC and 100° weather.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It sounds like they didn't "rebuild" the OP's transmission at all, it seems like a TCM problem.
It was a rebuild, they had to replace a large portion of it that was a higher level assembly. I just shortened the statement when I first wrote this , and that is a more accurate description,M

Sponsored

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
That's total BS.
Well, the hour drive with the AC at 2, for an hour was smooth. Now, driving in the heat will be the telling story.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So the dealership did step up today, and offered to cover my car payments on my jeep, for the amount of time it has been in the shop for the various repairs. They brought it up, when i complained about the amount of time it has been in the shop. I am working with OCauto on harbor blvd in costa mesa. THought that was pretty stand up of them.

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
So my JLUR 2020 is at 9k miles so far the Transmission needed to be rebuilt, the coolant water pump replaced, and the steering box replaced. Not feeling great about the quality.. Seriously considering ditching the thing before the warranty expires. I put about 6k into the suspension wheels and tires, but i guess i could transfer them to a new one, once warranty runs out... What would you guys do? And has anyone else had this many problem with there JL this early?
Let me start off with, I love my Jeep. But I have quickly learned why Chrysler doesn't have a reputation for reliability or quality control.

I've had tons of issues with my Jeep. What I did was contact JeepCares, open a case with them, the result was a 70thousand Mile 6 Year Bumper to Bumper Mopar Warranty for free. As soon as that warranty is up I will sell this thing as I am sure it will continue to be nothing but problems for the rest of it's life.

Edit: I also never plan on buying a New Wrangler again, honestly was not worth the 42thousand dollars. That being said I will 100% be buying a used one when I get rid of this one and build it to be my rock crawler, for my daily as of now I am eyeing the Bronco for the IFS.

I wouldn't put up with that stuff. My 2018 JLU Sport started off Great. In fact the only complaint I had was the steering was kinda crappy. It still was crappy after spending thousands on SteerSmarts parts and Lower Control Arms, etc. etc. Then at about 15k I started seeing issues here and there. My transmission was taking a while to go into reverse and it was getting worse. My Start Stop system was failing and not charging etc. Then at about 16k my Instrument Cluster Died. Then after that I would get random codes.

I quickly remembered why back in the early 2000's I swore never to purchase any vehicle associated with the Chrysler, Mopar, Dodge etc name. Their reliability sucks. I thought it would be different this time around but NOPE. I traded it in for a Toyota and will never look back. The sad thing is the JL has a way better powertrain than the Tacoma but for my daily commute and work I need something reliable.

Like Mentioned above. If I ever get back into a wrangler it'll be something 10yrs old that I can just build and modify to just do trail abuse and leave the real reliability to another company lol.

OP
OP
SleepEatJeepRepeat

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Fck, it if you meet the criteria to lemon it in your state then do it. I know I would have. My stupid ass probably would have bought another believing that it would be impossible to get two lemons ... lol.
Sponsored