My Jeep showed me the love

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
There was a UConnect software upgrade over the summer, new feature perhaps?
No, it did that in my Wrangler last Winter. If you have it setup to automatically turn on the heated seat and steering wheel with remote start, it actually does it other times. This happens when it is below 40. I wish this point was adjustable.
Sponsored

CrazyCatMan

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 2022 JLUS Altitude
My 2016 ram 1500 had that feature as well. It was really nice to have when it got cold in the Florida panhandle, and when we spent 2 months evacuated in Indiana after hurricane Michael in 2018. I gave it up when I traded the truck in for my current car, but I’m looking forward to having it back when my rubicon gets delivered sometime within the next 8-12 weeks. It gets a wee bit nippy in Vegas for this Hawai’i native.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
If the temperature is below 45 degrees, your Jeep will automatically turn on the driver heater seat and steering when you remote start and also when you regular start. This feature is on by default in Uconnect settings but can be deactivated if wanted.
Before my Wrangler, I leased a '16 Dodge Charger R/T. It would activate the seat/steering wheel heater below 45* and seat cooler above 70* on remote starts. My daughter was devastated that my Sport doesn't have any of those creature comforts LOL.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but where did you buy your Jeep from? I'm a salesman, and always do a full delivery when somebody buys a car. So all my customers know about the seat/steering wheel heater. You can set it to do that buy remote start, or by both remote, and regular start. Sometimes I read posts, and wonder if the salesman didn't toss the customer the keys, and say read the manual.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
From the manual I got (you can program this in Uconnect for remote start):

NOTE:

When this feature is selected the driver’s heated seat and heated steering wheel will automatically turn on when temperatures are below 40°F (4.4°C). When temperatures are above 80°F (26.7°C) the driver vented seat will turn on.

I should note - even without remote start - just starting the Jeep manually in the cold mine turn on automatically.

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I should note - even without remote start - just starting the Jeep manually in the cold mine turn on automatically.
[/QUOTE]

Like I said a minute ago. You can set it up to turn on with only the Remote Start, or both Remote Start, and regular start.

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yes it is a great feature, wish remote start would work with doors off. Been running naked here in Texas for 4 weeks really miss that warm seat on 40 deg mornings yes lazy could go manually start but first world problems.. :like:

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but where did you buy your Jeep from? I'm a salesman, and always do a full delivery when somebody buys a car. So all my customers know about the seat/steering wheel heater. You can set it to do that buy remote start, or by both remote, and regular start. Sometimes I read posts, and wonder if the salesman didn't toss the customer the keys, and say read the manual.
Good points! My Sales Rep went through all of this and I actually disabled it. But I know how to use it if I wanted it.

You're right about some Sales Reps.....sign on the line and see ya! LOL!

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good points! My Sales Rep went through all of this and I actually disabled it. But I know how to use it if I wanted it.

You're right about some Sales Reps.....sign on the line and see ya! LOL!

And those are the sales reps that never have repeat or referral business. I've sold, and worked at the same dealership for 22 years. Every customer, regardless of the model of vehicle or cost, gets a full delivery of how everything works. They only remember about 30% of what I show them. I try to setup the vehicle how they want when I do the delivery. Every customer has my cell number, and can call me if they have a question, or just can't figure something out.

Sponsored

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And those are the sales reps that never have repeat or referral business. I've sold, and worked at the same dealership for 22 years. Every customer, regardless of the model of vehicle or cost, gets a full delivery of how everything works. They only remember about 30% of what I show them. I try to setup the vehicle how they want when I do the delivery. Every customer has my cell number, and can call me if they have a question, or just can't figure something out.
You should be an instructor!

I have bought 4 Jeeps from the same Sales Rep and the reason is because he is professional, works FOR me, takes the time to make sure I'm good with the Jeep before I take it home, and, like you, I can call any time to ask questions. No problem!

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should be an instructor!

I have bought 4 Jeeps from the same Sales Rep and the reason is because he is professional, works FOR me, takes the time to make sure I'm good with the Jeep before I take it home, and, like you, I can call any time to ask questions. No problem!
I would love to be an instructor for Jeep. Lets call that my dream job.

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
There was a UConnect software upgrade over the summer, new feature perhaps?
It does it on my 2018 JL - not a new feature... it just has to be cold enough. I have no idea what the temperature threshold is. When it's cold out though, it seems to be there for me!

MLS_AZ

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would love to be an instructor for Jeep. Lets call that my dream job.
Yeah, maybe it will happen!

Going back to the OP's post, he would then know all about the heating/cooling functions. No surprises and he could use it from the get-go. Sometimes things happen and you think something is wrong. Not good!! :facepalm:

Jeff - enjoy your nice, warm, Jeep!! LOL!

damonic

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Today in the heart of Tejas, fall set in with a seriousness not seen in a year and I knew Winter's coming. I get to the store, 7 mi down the road. The outside temperature is 38 degrees. I begin to feel all warm and cozy and the feeling just grows.

What is different? My Sahara decided that it was too cold outside and automatically kicked the seat heaters on.. and the steering wheel too. Dang.. I didn't even know I had that feature. My Jeep loves me.

Jeep dash.jpg
Mine did this to me today and I thought something was broken!!! HAHA
Sponsored