Sponsored

My Jeep left us stranded in the middle of nowhere for 3 hours!

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
He was in the middle of nowhere. Do you think he had his ODBII scanner with him along with a shop full of tools? You're also assuming he has a double major in electrical engineering and computer science to diagnose his Jeep.

I guess my other question is, how do you fix your Jeep when it starts working again all by itself?
Yes. If you're going to venture out bring the tools necessary to get your rig back home and if you can't then have the supplies to get back to civilization without it.

OPs Jeep didn't fix itself. The problem just stopped manifesting itself at that moment.
It can happen again, unless the root cause is addressed.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Bad batteries can definitely cause all kinds of seemingly unrelated codes and issues. The small ESS battery in particular.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Best thing to do is to tow a parts JL behind you when going deep in BFE. That way you have any part you may need ready to go

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Bad batteries can definitely cause all kinds of seemingly unrelated codes and issues. The small ESS battery in particular.
That small ESS battery has caused so many headaches that I wouldn’t be surprised if people starting carrying a spare with them out on the trails.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I trailer a tow truck behind me this way I'm ready.

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That small ESS battery has caused so many headaches that I wouldn’t be surprised if people starting carrying a spare with them out on the trails.
I know someone at the factory. They said battery and charging related problems account for 40% of warranty claims.

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My first mod will be one of these:

product_image_c.jpg

I hope the battery will be able to power it when the need arises.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went to the auto parts store yesterday and asked for a wiper blade for my Yugo. The guy behind the counter said " Okay, thats a fair trade "
He's getting robbed if it's a fair trade.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I've been waiting for it to go dead in mine, it's been nearly 2 years. Have a feeling it's a huge PIA to get to when trailside though.. def going to start carrying a jump start pack at least

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
you could just offroad the tow truck. Then if it breaks down, you can tow yourself :idea:
Show up to a Jeep meet up with one.

Find the least equipped vehicle in the group and when people ask what the tow truck is for, single out the Jeep and tell them it’s for “that son of a bitch.”.

And then later, while you watch other rigs successfully cross a medium path, prevent the owner of the earlier mentioned rig, from crossing and then proactively tow his rig.

Tell him his fun ended fifty miles back, two stops ago. And then take it back to civilization.

:CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
He was in the middle of nowhere. Do you think he had his ODBII scanner with him along with a shop full of tools? You're also assuming he has a double major in electrical engineering and computer science to diagnose his Jeep.

I guess my other question is, how do you fix your Jeep when it starts working again all by itself?
Lol.

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe push down all your fuses...................:giggle:.
Seriously though I’m a plus one with @fat_head on sat coms, that’s a good idea, and I’m looking into it myself. These JLs are so computer sensitive, a lot of times it can hiccup and never leave a trace, I miss the good ole days when it was just.... fuel, fire, and air....:rock:......Glad all is well now.
That’s the second thing i did! The first thing was open the hood.

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
I went to the auto parts store yesterday and asked for a wiper blade for my Yugo. The guy behind the counter said " Okay, thats a fair trade "
Ok... that one wins...
Sponsored