Sponsored

My Jeep left us stranded in the middle of nowhere for 3 hours!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I hope you get it fixed. That would shake any confidence I had in the Jeep too. I think it's a good reminder though to have satellite coms when you go out in the middle of nowhere by yourself. Garmin inReach can literally be a life saver.
Garmin InReach is excellent. A must have if hiking in remote areas.

The infotainment with Guardian is a good back up also. I think it links via satellite. They can even tell what code was thrown on their end.
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Is it me or is every break down post the same? My Jeep broke, I've lost confidence! I miss the days of my Jeep broke, this is how I fixed it.
It’s because it’s under warranty, it’s a $50k Jeep and how dare you insinuate that people can actually find ways to fix their rig’s problems outside of the end all, know all, be all dealership?! This guy... your nerve...is ridiculous!

/sarcasm

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So what now?
So we took it out for 8 hours on the trail. Leap of faith. All is good. I guess. WTF I have no idea man! It was a great day but bet your ass the issue was lingering in my brain the whole day. When I get back home I’ll dive deeper into this with my dealership for sure.

Sponsored

OP
OP
AZ Hella

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is it me or is every break down post the same? My Jeep broke, I've lost confidence! I miss the days of my Jeep broke, this is how I fixed it.
Shook my confidence because I was literally in the middle of nowhere. I’ll get over it pretty quick I’m sure. The fucker did start back up so there’s that I guess.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
He was in the middle of nowhere. Do you think he had his ODBII scanner with him along with a shop full of tools? You're also assuming he has a double major in electrical engineering and computer science to diagnose his Jeep.

I guess my other question is, how do you fix your Jeep when it starts working again all by itself?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Everything checks out fine. Go figure.
Maybe push down all your fuses...................:giggle:.
Seriously though I’m a plus one with @fat_head on sat coms, that’s a good idea, and I’m looking into it myself. These JLs are so computer sensitive, a lot of times it can hiccup and never leave a trace, I miss the good ole days when it was just.... fuel, fire, and air....:rock:......Glad all is well now.

Sponsored

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Neutral safety switch?
Or whatever the correct term is.
That would be "Transmission Park Signal". Of course you can't start in neutral anymore, that could lead to serious injury or death! Or some such BS!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just a couple weeks ago, my neighbor was on the freeway and her ’05 started feeling like it was loosing power. Pulled to the shoulder, motor died and wouldn’t restart. She had it towed to a independent shop and they had it several days. Never could duplicate or find an issue. Her Sport has 90+ thousand miles and has only needed one starter, a battery and set of tires. It’s been running fine ever since but her confidence is gone. She’s looking at new Jl Sports. Some times the answer is endeavor to persevere.