Sponsored

My Jeep JL rollover accident on the highway yesterday!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
??? Grammar, punctuation, please make it so I don't have to imagine what it is you want to say . What wind ? What big tires & lift ? The poor mans rig "built up" is NOT overly done in any way - nicely modest from what I can see .
On the other hand, MY comments are in no way attempting to belittle the person or make light of the accident - in fact I don't mention any of that . In General, my comments are about the DRIVING IN THE LEFT LANE / when it's appropriate and when it is not, period. Hope that clears up my point of view for you . As a side, I have personal experience driving on all sorts of Long Island roadways - it was "Hell on Wheels" back in the '70's (the roads & the Drivers) ! I can only imagine how bad it has become now, or perhaps improved ? If indeed this occurred on one of the LI roads ?
I'm using hands-free voice text while I'm driving if you can't read it don't read it move on I can't help what it says not going to pick my phone up to make you happy move on
Sponsored

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I can’t type either

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
This happened near my house a couple years ago. The news showed the vehicles afterwards and the jeep was in one piece...

My cousin’s ex girl was in the first car that got hit by the semi. She broke about 90% of her face but made it out along with other people. You could be the best driver out there but you never know what other aholes are going to do. Glad to hear you’re ok OP.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I'm using hands-free voice text while I'm driving if you can't read it don't read it move on I can't help what it says not going to pick my phone up to make you happy move on
When you are using a handsfree device comma you must actually say aloud the punctuation period:giggle:

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Just saw this! Glad to hear you are ok!

Sponsored

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
First things first. I’m ok. The Jeep and its roll bar plus added seatbelt saved my life!

God is watching over you for sure. What highway in NY was this? Glad you are OK.

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, replying to this thread is not worth the distraction. No matter if hands free, still not paying full attention to piloting 2 tons of steel, glass, and flammable liquids.....

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
I don't know wether to laugh or cry ? Sarcasm ? Boy IF you were actually doing that . . . sure wouldn't want to be in front of you . I've had not one but 2 situations where I was stopped at a red light and got rear ended because of "Phone Shit" while behind the wheel . Time to concentrate on the DRIVING, please ! Hope you made it home safely .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
My cousin’s ex girl was in the first car that got hit by the semi. She broke about 90% of her face but made it out along with other people. You could be the best driver out there but you never know what other aholes are going to do. Glad to hear you’re ok OP.
That video is horrifying. :puke:

Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
dont really remember buddy totally shocking at that moment. Thanks buddy for your reply! Thanks again a million I’m alive!
Hey Poseidon, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry about the Jeep and the experience you've been through....Wow!! I Also would like to say I'm glad your still here to recount it and move forward as others have pointed out , the jeep can be replaced! Godspeed to you and may your recovery be swift. Your event left me speechless with more than one tear ...no lie! There is always some fool driving a 3000lb machine they have no respect for! they have no respect for themselves, or anyone around them!!!! I see it everyday and stay as far away as possible.....go ahead drive like you own the road who cares I'll keep my 10 car space behind! Also as Dan S pointed out don't post any thing more .

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Has the truth become that offensive?

Like it or not, the left lane is for passing...and most states have laws regarding that fact for a reason; partly b/c it increases traffic congestion and partly b/c it increases the likelihood of accidents as passing takes place in the other lanes of traffic to get around the slow moving vehicle.
Yeah... sorry Sean, the truth is offensive. You’re not supposed to ask uncomfortable questions.

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
If you saw him trying to pass...then let him...all you had to do was slow down. Were you trying to block him from passing and it backfired?
Sponsored