Sponsored

My Jeep JL rollover accident on the highway yesterday!

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
First things first. I’m ok. The Jeep and its roll bar plus added seatbelt saved my life!

So I was traveling on highway left lane and some driver was behind me. Next thing I see him pull into the right lane bolting to try and pass me. There was a car in front of him and I could see he was not going to make it as he tried to switch back into my lane. I could see his car about to hit mine so I veered left away from him onto the dirt part of the road. Soon as I hit that dirt my Jeep started to go left right left right. I could not control it trying to straighten her out. Well at one point she just kept pointing to the right as my front bumper hit his rear left and that’s when it happened. When it happened I had no idea it was rolling guys. I thought I was being bombarded by other vehicles on the highway but I was actually rolling!! I do remember seeing sparks and smoke as the sheer terror went through my body. The fear of thinking this is it I’m not going to be around anymore was nothing I ever felt before! Death is a scary thought!

Well it finally came to a stop and at that moment I did not know where I was. I tried to open door and it would not budge. I then actually started to come to my senses and realized that I was sideways. The passenger side was on the ground. I then realized wait I saw sparks and smoke. I said to myself you have to get out this Jeep now it could ignite. I released the seat belt and dropped my legs down to the passenger door feet first. I then proceeded to lift my arms and get the latch and push the door open. I then climbed out in horror as there were 2 motorists helping me out. I came out and checked as I had no pain at the time due to my adrenaline running through me.

The 2 motorists sat me down and consoled me till ambulance and police arrived. No other drivers were injured. I didn’t know what happened yet. They explained to me: your Jeep rolled a few times. I was like no way as all the noise I heard and banging motion was other cars hitting me but I was wrong. The Jeep was rolling!

I had all test done cat scans etc. I came out clean. Just a lump on top my head and whiplash and sore on my body. People - I’m alive and kicking. Thanks the good lord. I’m so lucky. So lucky! I only have these 2 shots which really don’t paint the whole picture. I went to see police this morning as he told me last night they would get my wallet, cell phone and iPad. They got it all! He also mentioned my story which I explained last night matched the 3 witnesses’ stories exactly. I was also lucky in that respect for them helping me out! In the end my super wife of 20 years met me at the hospital emergency trauma center. She cried I cried as we told each other how much we love each other! We were both so glad I was just alive and healthy! Folks it was scary so scary so be SAFE out there always and have respect for those other maniac drivers cause they can hurt you in the end. I don’t have many pics as I made a video this morning for insurance purposes.

69FB9DF2-1DFA-4E0C-95B3-1C3DC7118CD3.jpeg

A0CBCC80-2C61-4566-BCC6-7914EFB5A5ED.jpeg

8D34A471-35AB-441D-88A3-E35793A39787.jpeg

A7AE86B3-DBFC-438B-91BE-887F5F52B401.jpeg
Sponsored

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Damn man, crazy story. Glad you are alright! I hate when dumbass people do that on the road so they can make it somewhere a whole 5 minutes faster. Hopefully karma gets to that guy or the cops do. All in all glad you are all good :please:

Sponsored

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Glad you're ok, but remove this post imediately and don't make any social media posts about anything to do with your accident or how you feel. Insurance lawyers love when they can use your own posts against you.

OP
OP
Poseidon

Poseidon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
I am really glad you guys are ok! Scary :(

Was the steering oscillating after you got back on road? or lifting from ground?
dont really remember buddy totally shocking at that moment. Thanks buddy for your reply! Thanks again a million I’m alive!
Sponsored