My Jeep is going bye bye

sts90

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Unlimited XR
Got a Mazda CX-9. Was tempted by the Palisade but it didn’t pass the updated crash test so no go.
I will hopefully be trouble free for a few years.
Wow… I would rate that a complete change of pace. Off chops to a CX-9 has me scratching my head. I understand your point of view on problems and have felt your pain in spades. I might join you one day but there are not many alternatives to a Jeep and in all of them you give up something. Good luck and safe travels.
Sponsored

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I've had 6 jeeps now, and every time I get rid of one I say that's that last one. Well here we go again.....I already miss my 4Runner sometimes, because every time I go somewhere I am just waiting for the next sensor light to go mental. Today's light was the dreaded rear locker sensor for no reason at all. Pathetic state of electronics on these Wranglers.
The fragile state of our electronics is truly pathetic.
My Jeep has thrown more lights in 8 months than my previous car did in 14 years and 140,000 miles.

The logic in the control software is mind bogglingly stupid.

Bend a pin on the door plug when putting the doors back on and the truck won't shift out of park. Swell.

Don't program in any resiliency anticipating a low battery. So rather than the display showing "low battery" and moving on, like my wife's Volvo does, the whole display freaks out and throws 75 codes all at once.

Its pathetic.

But despite this, I love my Jeep.

But just imagine if FCA managed to ever build a vehicle that actually functioned reliably and well.

That's why I can't imagine anyone buying a Wagoneer, Cherokee, or Renegade. All the hassles of a Jeep with none of the character.

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Gotta do what you gotta do. I hope you find happiness in your next vehicle.

SparkleTooth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stellantis SUCKS
My Jeep has thrown more lights in 8 months than my previous car did in 14 years and 140,000 miles.

Bend a pin on the door plug when putting the doors back on and the truck won't shift out of park. Swell.

Don't program in any resiliency anticipating a low battery. So rather than the display showing "low battery" and moving on, like my wife's Volvo does, the whole display freaks out and throws 75 codes all at once.

Its pathetic.

But just imagine if FCA managed to ever build a vehicle that actually functioned reliably and well.

That's why I can't imagine anyone buying a Wagoneer, Cherokee, or Renegade. All the hassles of a Jeep with none of the character.
Exactly......Frankly I never recommend anyone buy a Jeep, although with that said I clearly love them or I wouldn't have owned so many. The problem with electrical issues though is that they are almost always sporadic which makes troubleshooting near impossible. Add to that, the fact that Jeep dealers are some of the worst service providers out of most car manufacturers. Just like when it comes to healthcare you have to be your own doctor.....same with Jeep. You either learn a lot and do it yourself or get stuck waiting 3 to 4 weeks to get an appointment, and then another week before they even look at it, and then keep it for an additional 3 weeks to maybe solve the issue. It makes having a warranty almost pointless unless your vehicle truly becomes immobile.

Unfortunately Jeeps are the only vehicle that have a purpose that no other vehicle can match. You have to deal with a lot of crap for the luxury of owning one though.......If off roading, adventure, and top down stuff is your thing.

Sponsored

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys XR in Hydro Blue
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
You can go from a JLUR to a CX-9? Meh, it probably wasn't meant to be anyway.
Considering that I never wheeled it’s practical. My Jeep was just a daily driver.
Jeeps are very cool but I never used it the way most do.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Considering that I never wheeled it’s practical. My Jeep was just a daily driver.
Get a 2 door next time and you will have half the problems.:LOL:

Sponsored

Deke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU 6.7
I totally get it. Your JLUR was a purpose built offroad vehicle and the features which make it perform so well offroad also tend to subtract from the on-road experience of daily driving. It looks sexy as hell but those big tires, stiff suspension, and solid axles make for an on-road vehicle which, compared to just about everything else on the market, sucks.
Add Jeeps legendary quality :LOL: FCA's epic customer service :LOL::LOL: and such a capable and honest network of dealership service centers :LOL::LOL::LOL: and it's hard to believe anyone who doesn't wheel would want one.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yes I will for sure.

But I still love jeeps so wanna keep informed. Maybe I’ll try it again someday.
Yes...hate to see you go. I understand about wanting to be hassle-free. But hassles will come with any vehicle at some point or another. I hope you return and maybe they'll have something new that will pique your interest. You and I both got the 2018 JLU, which was a new model. I expected that it would have some issues as new models always do.

See you around! 💚 💚 💚

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red

Its pathetic.

If Jeep wants to build a reliable product, then unfortunately they might need to be bought out by Toyota or Honda.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Yeah, if you don't go off-road the negatives of a Jeep much outweigh the positives. I like to get over my axles in mud and such, so I deal with the drama of Jeep ownership. I'm not sure I'd have gotten a CX-9 though, maybe a 4runner or Tahoe would be a nice replacement for a daily driver.
Sponsored