My Jeep is at the dealer! But there’s a dealer scam already added

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
It comes down to whether or not you actually have a contract with the dealership.
This should have been done before you ordered the Jeep, if not, then lesson learned on you.
As someone else said, don't let it spoil your feelings for your new Jeep, fight like hell but if you foolishly ordered a Jeep without an actual contract your stealership will bone you and he doesn't care if you back out as he now has a brand new Jeep to sell that wasn't part of his allotment and he will sell it for a lot more than his current scam with you.
Do your best, pick it up and enjoy it... later after your first drive have a beer and cuss with your friends about these guys and move on 🤠 🍻
Sponsored

AZJeepGuy

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Hydro Blue
Jeep/Chrysler very much frowns on a terrible review and in the comments section (only if they don't remove the charges) Explain exactly what they did to you.
I think you should write a short of what they did. One star and exactly why.

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Jeepers,

I’m super excited to see my Jeep fresh off the truck today.

I need to wait a few more days to have it pass through PDI and get my paperwork completed.

However, I see a dealer tag attached to the window that made me cringe. See pic attached.

DEALER INSTALLED ACCESSORIES AND SERVICE CHARGES:
wheel locks for $190, well that’s a good to have. The interior/exterior detailing is $995 “for all vehicles that this dealer group sells” , according to a salesperson who I asked that was on the dealer lot.

I did NOT ask for this, neither will I pay for it.
is this something that I can inform my salesperson and refuse to pay for?
This is garbage dealer tactics and something I wasn’t informed at the time of order. Not included in my purchase order as well.
D135D1A1-2032-4853-8193-4025668C062D.jpeg
A brand new vehicle doesn't need 'detailing.' Most places do it for free, $995 is STEEP.
The wheel locks are garbage too, first thing I removed from mine.

Santana74

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler Sahara Altitude 3.0l, 18 Jaguar F-Pace
I have good news. You haven't signed a contract saying you have to go through arbitration yet.

OP
OP

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLU Willys 2.0T
Occupation
Engineer
Hey everyone.

A very long day finally coming to an end.

Good news first up - I managed to get all dealer added crap scratched off my purchase agreement.
My Jeep completed PDI and I did the best I can to inspect it based on the checklist provided here. THe plastic is intact and the vehicle isn't washed, just as i asked for.

I also managed to get most of my finance paperwork and insurance underway. Jeep should be ready to pickup Friday and I'm taking a half day off!

What happened at the dealer - I walked around the lot first and EVERY new dealer and custom ordered vehicle had the $995 detailing and $190 locking wheel lug added on.
My salesperson was busy with another customer as i was a few minutes early to my appointment today.
The manager was there to "talk" to me about my deal. He opened talk by telling me "another customer backed out of his custom ordered 392 or Rubicon XR (i forget) and he's super busy because he has a whole bunch of people blowing up his phone to strike a deal". Ok......so?

The $995 is mandatory on every dealer ordered vehicle, he tells me. Why? because he wants the vehicle to remain in "pristine" condition as they sit on the lot in rain, sun, snow.
He says every vehicle sold through his dealership has a reputation to hold and that's the reason why they add on the detailing and lugs to all vehicles. WTF?

I tell him - Nah. I am a**l about my vehicles and my possessions in general. My phone, airpods, all have their rubber cases and are routinely wiped down. So my custom ordered Jeep will get special attention as well.
He then says the lugs are already added onto the purchasing agreement and he'd have to see what can be done. Techs are busy prepping several vehicles so they can't come out to just remove the lugs.
"Who knows where the original lugs that came with the Jeep went.. I don't know man!"

I said, that should be easy for the spare parts department person to easily lookup. I want the vehicle the way i ordered it, no add ons.
Unless he is willing to give me the 5 wheel/tires, springs, shocks and fenders from that XR or 392 that's now on the lot. LOL.
I hate throwing snarky remarks but I barely slept last night thinking about how this deal would go and i wasn't in a super patient mode.

My salesperson joins the convo at this time and he says the $995 is scratched off because I had asked for no wash, no removing the plastic inside well in advance. (Thank God I had asked this after reading up a few members' posts here).

Manager tells salesperson that the lugs can't be removed, can they? they were facing each other, who knows if the manager dropped a sly wink here.

Salesperson has been a decent guy up until this point of the transaction - all he told his manager is that he'd check with the PDI guys.

We go to the salesperson's desk and he takes the wheel lugs off the agreement, no questions asked. 10 mins later, we setup an appointment for Friday and I'm on my way to my local bank.

Thank you all, for the words of encouragement and sharing your own experiences. I sure felt like a hardass when talking to that sales manager and I'm most importantly so happy that I'm almost at the finish line to take delivery of my Jeep.

Thanks again. Happy Jeeping

Last edited:

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
Hey everyone.

Good news first up - I managed to get all dealer added crap scratched off my purchase agreement. I
My Jeep completed PDI and I did the best I can to inspect it based on the checklist provided here. THe plastic is intact and the vehicle isn't washed, just as i asked for.

I also managed to get most of my finance paperwork and insurance underway. Jeep should be ready to pickup Friday and I'm taking a half day off!

What happened at the dealer - I walked around the lot first and EVERY new dealer and custom ordered vehicle had the $995 detailing and $190 locking wheel lug added on.
My salesperson was busy with another customer as i was a few minutes early to my appointment today.
The manager was there to "talk" to me about my deal. He opened talk by telling me "another customer backed out of his custom ordered 392 or Rubicon XR (i forget) and he's super busy because he has a whole bunch of people blowing up his phone to strike a deal". Ok......so?

The $995 is mandatory on every dealer ordered vehicle, he tells me. Why? because he wants the vehicle to remain in "pristine" condition as they sit on the lot in rain, sun, snow.
He says every vehicle sold through his dealership has a reputation to hold and that's the reason why they add on the detailing and lugs to all vehicles. WTF?

I tell him - Nah. I am a**l about my vehicles and my possessions in general. My phone, airpods, all have their rubber cases and are routinely wiped down. So my custom ordered Jeep will get special attention as well.
He then says the lugs are already added onto the purchasing agreement and he'd have to see what can be done. Techs are busy prepping several vehicles so they can't come out to just remove the lugs.
"Who knows where the original lugs that came with the Jeep went.. I don't know man!"

I said, that should be easy for the spare parts department person to easily lookup. I want the vehicle the way i ordered it, no add ons.
Unless he is willing to give me the 5 wheel/tires, springs, shocks and fenders from that XR or 392 that's on the lot. LOL.
I hate throwing snarky remarks but I barely slept last night thinking about how this deal would go and i wasn't in a super patient mode.

My salesperson joins the convo at this time and he says the $995 is scratched off because I had asked for no wash, no removing the plastic inside well in advance. (Thank God i asked this after reading up a few members' posts here).

Manager tells salesperson that the lugs can't be removed, can they? they were face to face, who knows if the manager dropped a sly-ass wink here.

Salesperson has been a decent guy up until this point of the transaction - all he told his manager is that he'd check with the PDI guys.

We to the salesperson's desk and he takes the wheel lugs off the agreement, no words asked. 10 mins later, we setup an appointment for Friday i'm on my way to my local bank.

Thank you all, for the words of encouragement and sharing your own experiences. I sure felt like a hardass when talking to that sales manager and I'm most importantly so happy that I'm almost at the finish line to take delivery of my Jeep.

Screw them all. You shouldn’t feel bad about not letting them screw you. It is their job and how they get paid. They didn’t get away with it for you - but imagine how many others have had their costs fleeced with this crap.

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Don’t feel bad about being a hard ass, they wouldn’t feel bad screwing you out of $1200. The guys at the dealer aren’t your buddies, you probably won’t ever see them again. Most likely if you go back there to trade in for your next Jeep, that salesman won’t even be there anymore.

Sponsored

Xspurt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Juliet Lima
Man ... they tried a TRIPLE DIP on the dealer prep? The factory pays the dealer for that. The dealers (most of them anyway) charge the customer anyway and then a special "detailing fee" on a new car? I'm glad you at least got one of them off but you still ended up paying twice and the work wasn't even done!

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Hey everyone.

Good news first up - I managed to get all dealer added crap scratched off my purchase agreement. I

Unless he is willing to give me the 5 wheel/tires, springs, shocks and fenders from that XR or 392 that's on the lot. LOL.

My salesperson joins the convo at this time and he says the $995 is scratched off because I had asked for no wash, no removing the plastic inside well in advance. (Thank God i asked this after reading up a few members' posts here).

Manager tells salesperson that the lugs can't be removed, can they? they were face to face, who knows if the manager dropped a sly-ass wink here.

We to the salesperson's desk and he takes the wheel lugs off the agreement, no words asked. 10 mins later, we setup an appointment for Friday i'm on my way to my local bank.

Glad you stood your ground. I can’t stand sales tactics.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Name names. Write a review everywhere on social media you can and, of course, never give them your business again. Glad you’re getting your Jeep. Enjoy!