My Jeep is “modifying” Me.

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I know it’s common to modify your Jeep. So many of us consider it a bonus to owning one. But has your Jeep at all modified - YOU? Prior to ordering mine I joked about how you would never catch me camping; what with all the spiders, ground sleeping, and lack of hot showers. Fast forward to last September when I ordered my dream Willys JLU and now I’m watching overland videos, buying flints to keep in the Jeep “just in case”, saying “yes” to an REI Co-op membership, and looking into a $500 Bushcraft course to drag my brother to this Spring. 😂 My Jeep is modifying me, man. And I couldn’t be more excited.
Sponsored

danotje

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Although I’ve been looking at off-road trailers for a while, the main thing it’s done is make think, “I bet I can make it over that.” I also don’t feel constrained by curbs, ditches or patches of non-pavement anymore.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Our Jeeps will also “modify” zombies and violent rioters - if we pop them into 4WD and drive through them.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I know it’s common to modify your Jeep. So many of us consider it a bonus to owning one. But has your Jeep at all modified - YOU? Prior to ordering mine I joked about how you would never catch me camping; what with all the spiders, ground sleeping, and lack of hot showers. Fast forward to last September when I ordered my dream Willys JLU and now I’m watching overland videos, buying flints to keep in the Jeep “just in case”, saying “yes” to an REI Co-op membership, and looking into a $500 Bushcraft course to drag my brother to this Spring. 😂 My Jeep is modifying me, man. And I couldn’t be more excited.
My Jeep modified me as it made me a safer driver. Before the Jeep I was your typical Millenial driver from the NYC area: sudden turns, frequently checking out the phone, occasional street racer, etc. Needless to say, all that stopped after my JLUR as it's handling is not as crisp as a sedan. That is definitely a positive for me. This behavior isn't just limited to my Jeep now. I drove around a lot for work in company issued rental cars before the Pandemic. Been doing it for close to ten years now. I noticed that my driving behaviors have changed even if I have a rental Mustang GT on me!

Other that that, I have been watching videos of Jeepers wheeling in the Mountain Snow, the Arizona Desert and even in the Tropical Rain Forests of Southeast Asia. Little did I know, there is a small off road trail on the East Coast of Singapore that is frequented by Jeepers living in South Malaysia and Singapore. I have visited the city state about four times and would have never thought that even they have a trail in Singapore. Guess what I may try to check out the next time I am in Singapore? A Singapore based CoWorker of mine has a Toyota Hilux and we might check out that trail in his Hilux. He also wanted to go there but did not really have anybody interested to go with him.

Exactly two years ago, I didn't even think I will be becoming a Jeep owner; let alone own a fully decked out JLUR with everything in it except for ACC. The Jeep for sure changes you in a positive way!

Last edited:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’ve always been a gear head. I love motor sports and going fast around corners. I never though of going really slow over things that are not tarmac or concrete.

I bought a Jeep because my wife kept bugging me about us buying some sort of girly convertible for a “fun” car (Miata, Fiat 124, etc.), and I convinced her that a Jeep Wrangler is the ultimate convertible but something I could live with. She went for it so we bought it. Now I find that it’s MY Jeep. I loved to detail my cars, so much that I got good at it and made decent money doing boutique high end detailing for a while. The idea of getting my brand new $53K vehicle filthy and even worse, scratched up by tree limbs, didn’t appeal to me. But as I took it off-road rock climbing I liked it. A lot. So as I type this I’m working on installing a taller more capable lift to accommodate 37s so I can climb bigger rocks in places that it’ll get more scratched up. There’s mud under here that’s probably from last year that I can’t get to when I wash it. The interior gets coated in thick dust from wheeling with the windows down or top off. And I’m OK with all of that.

My Jeep has modded ME.

Sponsored

moonbeam55

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Having owned a Jeep compass for many years, I was a speed demon on the highways. Didn't think twice about going 85 mph & passing everyone in sight! When I decided to buy my Wrangler, she became my baby, and she has tempered my driving attitude a lot!!!! Now, I cruise along between 60 & 65mph on the same highway, taking the time to enjoy driving, not caring about tailgaters! My husband says I have a smile on my face when driving & I am no longer an uptight speed demon!!!! So, I too have been modified!!! And I am loving it!!!!

BritishGuy

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue, 6sp. (SOLD)
I seem to be similar to those of you posting above me - my JLUR has definitely made me slow down and appreciate life more. As @631_Islander stated about speeding, I'd often hit 120+ MPH each day after leaving work and finding an empty HWY290 HOV lane here in Houston. I'd get on that thing and if there was a nice gap, I'd just open my little tuned GTI up and listen to those DSG farts bouncing off the concrete barriers.

Now I have the Jeep...I'm happy doing 5 MPH under the speed limit and just cruising in the right lane without a care in the world and in no rush to go anywhere.

This was a huge 'mod' for me and I'm glad it happened.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
My Jeep modified me as it made me a safer driver. Before the Jeep I was your typical Millenial driver from the NYC area: sudden turns, frequently checking out the phone, occasional street racer, etc. Needless to say, all that stopped after my JLUR as it's handling is not as crisp as a sedan. That is definitely a positive for me. This behavior isn't just limited to my Jeep now. I drove around a lot for work in company issued rental cars before the Pandemic. Been doing it for close to ten years now. I noticed that my driving behaviors have changed even if I have a rental Mustang GT on me!

Other that that, I have been watching videos of Jeepers wheeling in the Mountain Snow, the Arizona Desert and even in the Tropical Rain Forests of Southeast Asia. Little did I know, there is a small off road trail on the East Coast of Singapore that is frequented by Jeepers living in South Malaysia and Singapore. I have visited the city state about four times and would have never thought that even they have a trail in Singapore. Guess what I may try to check out the next time I am in Singapore? A Singapore based CoWorker of mine has a Toyota Hilux and we might check out that trail in his Hilux. He also wanted to go there but did not really have anybody interested to go with him.

Exactly two years ago, I didn't even think I will be becoming a Jeep owner; let alone own a fully decked out JLUR with everything in it except for ACC. The Jeep for sure changes you in a positive way!
Excuse me! There are NO way that you are a millennial and driving a Jeep!!! That does not exist!! Your own group will CANCEL you. Your milleninialistic (sp) instinct will self annihilate you! You will self destruct in 5 seconds after getting into the Jeep.. Are you sure you are not a Baby Boomer that is just a Millennial wannabes? :giggle:

Sorry can't help wondering!
Sponsored