Sponsored

My Jeep is “modifying” Me.

The_Paper_Cut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Sport 2-Door
I never expected to spend a ton of money modifying my Jeep. I knew I’d spend a little, but only on absolutely mandatory/necessary things for what I want to do. $3,000 later I realize this Jeep has changed me. I’ve never loved a vehicle or what it can do so much. And never understood how someone could love a fast car or anything until I got this Jeep
Sponsored

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Great thought and agree 100%. I've been a regular trail runner/hiker and sometimes backpacker for decades. When I went to buy a Jeep, the one on the lot I liked happened to also have the tow package. Didn't think much about it at the time, but a few weeks later I started thinking-- well, let's look at campers. might as well take advantage of the capability. that was late February 2020 and by November, we'd logged 2000+ miles on the camper all over the state of NC. Camped on mountain tops and on the outer banks. Driven with the top down for hours on the Blue Ridge Parkway, country roads in the Piedmont, and up and down the beach on the coast. Hours of fun with the kids and now they're asking every week-- when do we get to go camping again? Single best vehicle purchase to date and no doubt it's modified me!

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

ive been a truck guy my whole life. was brought up with my dad always saying a man that works must have a truck. and its true. and Thankful my work truck comes home daily with me. but the day i sold my personal pick-up and went and bought a jeep my old man looked at me side ways. The first time i took my mom out in my jeep with the top off i hadnt seen her smile like that in a long time. it wasnt but a few months later my girl spotted a used 15jk willys unlimited at a local dealer sent it to my old man the next thing i new her car was gone and the jeep came home. after that my brother caught on and my niece wanted to go jeeping with grandma and uncle Brian. My brother came home with a 2018 jku willys 3 weeks later. My jeep changed not only myself but my family as well. We are currently working on a week long overland trip in May for my bday. So glad that my jeep changed all of us.

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
Great thought and agree 100%. I've been a regular trail runner/hiker and sometimes backpacker for decades. When I went to buy a Jeep, the one on the lot I liked happened to also have the tow package. Didn't think much about it at the time, but a few weeks later I started thinking-- well, let's look at campers. might as well take advantage of the capability. that was late February 2020 and by November, we'd logged 2000+ miles on the camper all over the state of NC. Camped on mountain tops and on the outer banks. Driven with the top down for hours on the Blue Ridge Parkway, country roads in the Piedmont, and up and down the beach on the coast. Hours of fun with the kids and now they're asking every week-- when do we get to go camping again? Single best vehicle purchase to date and no doubt it's modified me!
One of these days I'm going to go run the entire Blue Ridge Parkway! Even if I have to fly there and rent a Jeep for the adventure! That looks like a wonderful place to live and explore.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Using your definition of modified, I was already modified going in :P

Sponsored

dmasini

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
It's like you read my mind and it isn't even "my" JLU, it's the wife's. I've been watching a ton of overland videos on YouTube as well! Wish I lived in the mid-west now. haha 🏞

acenines3

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to the dark side lol

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Excuse me! There are NO way that you are a millennial and driving a Jeep!!! That does not exist!! Your own group will CANCEL you. Your milleninialistic (sp) instinct will self annihilate you! You will self destruct in 5 seconds after getting into the Jeep.. Are you sure you are not a Baby Boomer that is just a Millennial wannabes? :giggle:

Sorry can't help wondering!
Born 1986 sir

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I get it, @WhiskeyChick24 :like:

I dropped the RV thing when I moved to Arizona simply due to cost of ownership, repairs, operation, maintenance, storage and insurance. But I still wanted to get out there and explore.

My truck wasn't well suited to the sandy washes and topsy turvy terrain in the areas near me. That big heavy truck with the Cummins diesel meant all it would do is push through the sand. It would go straight...regardless of what position the steering wheel was in!

The Jeep is modifying me by giving me other options and a different way of exploring, camping and enjoying the outdoors. And I'm not stuck using established campsites in parks. Now I can go where I want on BLM land and pick my spot...for FREE!

Less work, less cost and more flexibility...gotta love it.

OP
OP
WhiskeyChick24

WhiskeyChick24

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
And you’re building memories your kids will NEVER forget. That’s awesome! Got any picks of the camper? I’d love to see some. ☺

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Big time. We bought ours in November. Technically it’s the wife’s but it has slowly become our” car.

We’re planning a trip from SoCal up to Canada for spring break and camping along the way. I’m having a friend build in outfit for the back so we can sleep in it.

Just bought a bunch a shit from REI hahaha. The wife is even excited. We both recently turned 30 and i think we need a little adventure in our lives.

We love going to resorts, Vegas, Scottsdale, SD, Cancun and Maui, but we want a change from that or switch it up for a bit and the Jeep is making that happen for us.

We’re really excited and we both love this Jeep so much!

Orangecrush9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Willys JLU
I kinda worked in reverse, went to a music festival a few years back and since that lasted a few days, I got a bunch of camping gear. After the festival, I realized I had a bunch of camping gear now, sans plans to actually camp. So, got into shape, started doing long distance hiking in northern PA.

After a few years of this, realized my sedan really had no business driving through pitted out forest/fire roads just to get to where I wanted to have fun, so I knew it was time for a Wrangler. Picked my Nacho up 3 weeks ago, and it's already been wheeling in the mountains through 18 inches of powder.

Only thing left for me to do is actually move into the mountains and I have been keeping my eyes on the job market to make that a reality.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
I was never into large suvs, always preferred compact suvs and now I feel like my JL is never big enough

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread, count me in the club too. I bought my 1st Jeep because it’s hard to find manual transmissions these days. Removing the roof and later the doors was an afterthought. Now my Jeep’s my hobby. I just spent 600 on recovery equipment for the snow and woods.
As far as “enjoying the ride”. I used to speed when going upstate to cut down the trip time. Now when I get on those 55 mph farm roads, I keep it in 4th gear, drive about 50 mph, enjoy the beauty and if a car comes up behind I pull over to the shoulder and let them pass.
One more thing, my mom passed this past October. One of many great memories was last spring, 75 degree day, I had to take her somewhere 1/2 hour away. I had open roof and tube doors. She said “I’m not going in that truck without doors”. I laughed and said just try it. I buckled her in and we went. I’m on the highway, beautiful warm day, wind, sunshine, she says “omg this is great I love it”!
Hats off to Jennifer for this thread because my Jeep’s 100% modified me. Btw is it April yet?
Sponsored