Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Great thread, count me in the club too. I bought my 1st Jeep because it’s hard to find manual transmissions these days. Removing the roof and later the doors was an afterthought. Now my Jeep’s my hobby. I just spent 600 on recovery equipment for the snow and woods.
As far as “enjoying the ride”. I used to speed when going upstate to cut down the trip time. Now when I get on those 55 mph farm roads, I keep it in 4th gear, drive about 50 mph, enjoy the beauty and if a car comes up behind I pull over to the shoulder and let them pass.
One more thing, my mom passed this past October. One of many great memories was last spring, 75 degree day, I had to take her somewhere 1/2 hour away. I had open roof and tube doors. She said “I’m not going in that truck without doors”. I laughed and said just try it. I buckled her in and we went. I’m on the highway, beautiful warm day, wind, sunshine, she says “omg this is great I love it”!
Hats off to Jennifer for this thread because my Jeep’s 100% modified me. Btw is it April yet?
Steve, I’m sorry to hear about your mom passing. I know your pain. I lost my mom a week ago.

Back on topic. I bought my 2018 JLU in July 2019. My wife jokingly ridiculed my Jeep and Jeeps in general for a year, saying she didn’t “like them.”

Well, apparently my Jeep modified my wife too. Almost exactly one year after I bought my Jeep, I bought her a 2020 Sahara. She smiles when she drives it, and even smiles just looking out the window at it parked in the front yard.
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Steve, I’m sorry to hear about your mom passing. I know your pain. I lost my mom a week ago.

Back on topic. I bought my 2018 JLU in July 2019. My wife jokingly ridiculed my Jeep and Jeeps in general for a year, saying she didn’t “like them.”

Well, apparently my Jeep modified my wife too. Almost exactly one year after I bought my Jeep, I bought her a 2020 Sahara. She smiles when she drives it, and even smiles just looking out the window at it parked in the front yard.
Hi Jeff, my heart goes out to you my friend. They've just gone on ahead. We'll see them when we get there.
Great story about your wife. I always keep my Jeep clean which in turn brings about a lot of compliments. My wife doesn't waste a second to tell anyone complimenting....." I picked out the color"!

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Jeff, my heart goes out to you my friend. They've just gone on ahead. We'll see them when we get there.
Great story about your wife. I always keep my Jeep clean which in turn brings about a lot of compliments. My wife doesn't waste a second to tell anyone complimenting....." I picked out the color"!
Steve, I have to admit, I like a *little* bit of mud on my Jeep. 😆

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S JLU
Vehicle Showcase
And you’re building memories your kids will NEVER forget. That’s awesome! Got any picks of the camper? I’d love to see some. ☺
Here ya go!-- from the mountains to the coast. Our camper is a 2015 TAXA Cricket-- it's been the perfect basecamp. Good for shelter and hauling all our camping gear but not comfortable enough where we want to spend all day in there. Enjoy adventuring!
Jeep Wrangler JL My Jeep is “modifying” Me. 2020-08-02 06.59.30
Jeep Wrangler JL My Jeep is “modifying” Me. 2020-10-20 17.36.43
Jeep Wrangler JL My Jeep is “modifying” Me. 2020-11-28 14.06.32

Jan

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport s
preferably 17 "wheels with at mt tires (wiIlys moab rubikon)

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
My Jeep modified me. I spent so much on mods that I could not afford to eat. It caused massive weight loss for me and the my wife.

2mnycars

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I know it’s common to modify your Jeep. So many of us consider it a bonus to owning one. But has your Jeep at all modified - YOU? Prior to ordering mine I joked about how you would never catch me camping; what with all the spiders, ground sleeping, and lack of hot showers. Fast forward to last September when I ordered my dream Willys JLU and now I’m watching overland videos, buying flints to keep in the Jeep “just in case”, saying “yes” to an REI Co-op membership, and looking into a $500 Bushcraft course to drag my brother to this Spring. 😂 My Jeep is modifying me, man. And I couldn’t be more excited.
Purpose of Jeeps is using it to do things I wouldn't do otherwise. Snowshoeing today....restful...Beautiful. Wouldn't have done it without 4WD
Jeep Wrangler JL My Jeep is “modifying” Me. DSC02675
Sponsored