Sponsored

My Jeep has "progressed to body vendor". What does that mean? Just looking for a definition

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys 2 Door Manual.
Occupation
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
I got a text from my dealer saying my Jeep has progressed to Body Vendor. I called them but he was gone now till next Wednesday. I live in Canada So all the Jeep Chat, Jeep Tracking ect doesn't work here. Not sure why but anything i have looked at, once it's found out my s/n is for a Canadian destination, all I get is a 1-800 number to call which is only for issues ect AFTER you have received your vehicle.

So, with that being said, I am just looking to see what the term actually implies. I not asking for a delivery date! Just a definition

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Albertaktm

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That doesn't help. I'm just looking for a definition for Vehicle has progressed to body vendor.
You have some option(s) that need to be added after the build. Could be sill guards, hinge reinforcement, headliner, etc. It goes to a group that adds them then it is ready for shipping. I've seen it sit in this stage from 2 days to 2 weeks.

OP
OP
Albertaktm

Albertaktm

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
You have some option(s) that need to be added after the build. Could be sill guards, hinge reinforcement, headliner, etc. It goes to a group that adds them then it is ready for shipping. I've seen it sit in this stage from 2 days to 2 weeks.
Ok cool. Thanks After ordering on Feb 20th, it's good to know they are working on it. I am not in a big hurry. I don't know why we can't track the build from here in Canada but it is what it is.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I got a text from my dealer saying my Jeep has progressed to Body Vendor. I called them but he was gone now till next Wednesday. I live in Canada So all the Jeep Chat, Jeep Tracking ect doesn't work here. Not sure why but anything i have looked at, once it's found out my s/n is for a Canadian destination, all I get is a 1-800 number to call which is only for issues ect AFTER you have received your vehicle.

So, with that being said, I am just looking to see what the term actually implies. I not asking for a delivery date! Just a definition

Thanks!
Sounds like it's in "JB" status. When you opt for any of the mopar add-ons, the jeep is sent to a different facility than the factory to have those parts added. It's then sent back to the factory for final inspection and paperwork before getting staged for shipping.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
You should be able to do a live chat, on the Mopar site. Their pretty good in my experience.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
You should be able to do a live chat, on the Mopar site. Their pretty good in my experience.
They're Canadians though. I'm pretty sure the OP addressed that.

LadyAsteriam

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Renegade Upland
Sounds like it's in "JB" status. When you opt for any of the mopar add-ons, the jeep is sent to a different facility than the factory to have those parts added. It's then sent back to the factory for final inspection and paperwork before getting staged for shipping.
what if you didnt add anything extra? just did the hard top and a automatic transmission. Will it still go out?

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
It doesn't go out, the vendor is on site. Just takes a little side trip.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
what if you didnt add anything extra? just did the hard top and a automatic transmission. Will it still go out?
The hardtop and transmission are part of the main assembly line. Those are considered factory add-ons options.

Things like the mopar tailgate reinforcement and the upgraded leather seat covers are considered Mopar add-ons that require the build to get side lined to a separate department from the main assembly line. It's their in house body vendor that gets the "JB" status designation. All builds that don't include any Mopar add-ons skip that step and go straight to final inspection or "i" status.

Welcome to the community and congrats on your inbound Jeep!

LadyAsteriam

First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Renegade Upland
The hardtop and transmission are part of the main assembly line. Those are considered factory add-ons options.

Things like the mopar tailgate reinforcement and the upgraded leather seat covers are considered Mopar add-ons that require the build to get side lined to a separate department from the main assembly line. It's their in house body vendor that gets the "JB" status designation. All builds that don't include any Mopar add-ons skip that step and go straight to final inspection or "i" status.

Welcome to the community and congrats on your inbound Jeep!
Oh sweet! Yeah I only ordered the basic Wrangler. Thank you so much for the welcome😀
Sponsored