Sponsored

My Initial Thoughts (after 6 hours of ownership...)

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
Great write up. I came from a 2003 Suburban, which I am holding on to for the moment. It is definitely a significant adjustment to downsize this much, but so worth it. The Suburban was never fun to drive, and a pain to park. It's great for dump runs and hauling lots of stuff, but it's no Jeep. I am planning to get the Mopar roof rails and throw a box on top if I need more space for trips or traveling with the dog and family. That should allow for plenty of room and maybe we will learn to be a bit more efficient in our packing too!
Sponsored

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
putting it into 4L I felt as if I was manhandling it. Much different than the Ram (turn a knob on the dash) but much more capability in a Jeep. Lockers and sway bar disconnect functioned as expected. but pulling it out of 4LOW was another manhandling experience
You have to be super slow when shifting into 4L, then the shifting is smooth and easy. You can do it while rolling forward or back. Typically you are at an ascent when you need 4L. Stop, foot on the break pedal. Auto in Neutral (or push the clutch if you have a manual), now ease off the breaks a bit and let the jeep roll backwards, ever so slowly. While you do that shift from 4H to Neutral to 4L.

When shifting from 2H into 4H it is advisable to roll slowly, foot off the gas. It will shift really smoothly then.

Mos.Jeep

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wtabgler Rubicon
I have only owned my ‘21 Rubicon JLU since June 1, 2023. It had 15,500 miles on it. I’m a Jeep newbie but already took a trip to Moab and San Rafael Swell. Never missed a beat. I now have 31,600 on it. Yep, more than doubled mileage in 4 months of ownership. I hope 4 years from now I am still in love with this Sarge Green beauty!
Sponsored