Sponsored

My Granite Crystal Adventure Jeep

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
I was a little hesitant to post my little Jeep, but here it is. Ha. I’ve received loads of advice and inspiration from this board. It’s definitely fun to be part of the community.

A Jeep has always been my dream vehicle and last year I ended up getting hit by a car while cycling and broke my neck. So I decided to finally get a Jeep this year, you only get to live so long, so you have to make the most of it(cheesy I know).

My ultimate goal is to put together a rig that is built for adventures and fun. Well she’s already been on tons of adventures, including Colorado twice. She hit 15k miles in the most perfect spot, going through a narrow, tree-lined, trail in the Superior National Forest. Alaska for five weeks in August is next on the list.

I’ve done a bunch of work with my dad (I’m not the most mechanically inclined) and with the help of Zeus Off Road here in the Minneapolis area.

Here’s what I’ve done so far.
  • Mopar Jeep handles
  • Warn VR 10 winch
  • Mopar Cargo Tray
  • ARB Fridge
  • Mopar 7” Lights
  • Maximus-3 Rhino Rack
  • James Baroud Evolution XXL Tent
  • Rigid 10” light bars on the rack
  • Rock lights under the Jeep for mood lighting – ha
  • Vector GGB – Will install this week
  • Vector E-Dock – Hopefully install next week, been pre-ordered since June
  • Garmin In-Reach communicator
  • DV8 Inner Fender Liner (I actually won these off this site!)
What I want to do.
  • Either 35” or 37” and new wheels (after Alaska)
  • On board air
  • Dual battery system
  • Rotopax (wish they would make some mounts)
I’m debating on adding a radio/communications system before leaving. Looking for any advice.

I love this vehicle!
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
Sponsored

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
I was a little hesitant to post my little Jeep, but here it is. Ha. I’ve received loads of advice and inspiration from this board. It’s definitely fun to be part of the community.

A Jeep has always been my dream vehicle and last year I ended up getting hit by a car while cycling and broke my neck. So I decided to finally get a Jeep this year, you only get to live so long, so you have to make the most of it(cheesy I know).

My ultimate goal is to put together a rig that is built for adventures and fun. Well she’s already been on tons of adventures, including Colorado twice. She hit 15k miles in the most perfect spot, going through a narrow, tree-lined, trail in the Superior National Forest. Alaska for five weeks in August is next on the list.

I’ve done a bunch of work with my dad (I’m not the most mechanically inclined) and with the help of Zeus Off Road here in the Minneapolis area.

• Mopar Jeep handles
  • Warn VR 10 winch
  • Mopar Cargo Tray
  • ARB Fridge
  • Mopar 7” Lights
  • Maximus-3 Rhino Rack
What I want to do.
  • On board air
  • Dual battery system
I’m debating on adding a radio/communications system before leaving. Looking for any advice.

I love this vehicle!
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG
Awesome! Come hang out in the waiting room with us, already two crazy up north Minnesota peeps hanging around the forum :giggle: Seriously great rig!

CrazyKASG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (JRex)
Gorgeous rig and photos!!! Superior National Forest has tons of beautiful spots to explore! Don't forget to check out the Gilbert OHV park next time you are up north! :):involve:

OP
OP
baggio16

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Gorgeous rig and photos!!! Superior National Forest has tons of beautiful spots to explore! Don't forget to check out the Gilbert OHV park next time you are up north! :):involve:
Oh that's on my list of places to check out. Waiting to find a group to go with!

I'm heading back up to north for one last test trip this weekend! I added a few more mods to the Jeep last night and tonight. Will post a few more pics of the interior storage when I'm done. :)

J.R. Quimby

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ Sport
Oh that's on my list of places to check out. Waiting to find a group to go with!

I'm heading back up to north for one last test trip this weekend! I added a few more mods to the Jeep last night and tonight. Will post a few more pics of the interior storage when I'm done. :)
CK and I will be putting my Roam JL side armor steps at her place on Sunday up north :rock:

Sponsored

WIJLU

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR

• Mopar Jeep handles
  • Warn VR 10 winch
  • Mopar Cargo Tray
  • ARB Fridge
  • Mopar 7” Lights
  • Maximus-3 Rhino Rack
What I want to do.
  • On board air
  • Dual battery system

I love this vehicle!
IMG_0299.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0593.JPG
IMG_0598.jpg
IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0756.JPG
IMG_0765.JPG

Nice set up! Enjoy!! I love to see folks out exploring in their Jeeps!

Horse1200s

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you install the lights and winch yourself or have a shop around the Twin Cities do it?

OP
OP
baggio16

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
7931E149-22AA-451D-8B12-CCE8E7B16540.jpeg
CB55A738-D43A-437C-AAE0-BD652D47239F.jpeg
Did you install the lights and winch yourself or have a shop around the Twin Cities do it?
I did the winch and lights myself. I got the winch tutorial from this forum and the lights were easy to install. The rack and other lights were installed by Zeus in the Cities. Highly recommend them.

Everything is working awesome in the Yukon. Ha.

Sponsored

JLURnoob

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
SHAP Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely love your work! Beautiful Jeep! When you get a chance would you please take a couple of pictures of the mounts for the GBB rack, I too have the Maximus 3 rack, I also the Dominion Highlift Jack mount sharing the same bolts. I don't want to lose the jack mount if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance for your time and once again, NICE BUILD!

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Nice jeep, looks great. How hard is it to bolt the RTT to the Maximus? Is there enough space to easily attach it? They look like they sit close to the top

OP
OP
baggio16

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Absolutely love your work! Beautiful Jeep! When you get a chance would you please take a couple of pictures of the mounts for the GBB rack, I too have the Maximus 3 rack, I also the Dominion Highlift Jack mount sharing the same bolts. I don't want to lose the jack mount if I can avoid it. Thanks in advance for your time and once again, NICE BUILD!
I'll do this tonight! It actually worked pretty smoothly.

OP
OP
baggio16

baggio16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon
Nice jeep, looks great. How hard is it to bolt the RTT to the Maximus? Is there enough space to easily attach it? They look like they sit close to the top
It was a real pain to do. Had to lift up the rack a bit to get our hands underneath. I'm debating on what to do next and how (or if) to get it off for the winter. I'm toying with the idea of getting an Ursa Minor in a couple years. Dealt with a lot of rain in Alaska and getting in through the interior would be amazing. Plus, need to come up with an idea for an awning. My cheap solution was pretty much a failure.