My first warranty visit tomorrow for leaking rear shock

Sozoe

First Name
Zoey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Cherokee
My 2016 Cherokee has been in the shop for a month now. The front shocks blew out according to the dealer. I called for an update today and she said they have no clue. What possible answer would they have for this?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I would gladly except an upgrade but I'm not paying for it. Two interior trim pieces have already fallen off.
I'm shocked (no pun intended) it's taking this long to get the parts. FCA's supply department appears to be terrible at planning for parts when it comes to inventory, maintenance and failures. They drastically underestimated their annual usage. There are several reports of people waiting weeks/months for some very common/simple parts. Check your local facebook pages for take offs. Someone around there is probably upgrading and selling a set for cheap. However, after the first week I personally would have dropped the $100-$150 on 4 upgraded shocks all around. No point in letting a shock, which are easily and often replaced, keep me from enjoying my jeep.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Seriously! My jeep has been in the shop with the transmission removed for over two weeks. I message jeep cares, they tell me to contact my case manager. The case manager that has never contacted me, so I literally have no way of contacting them.

Same thing with my Jeep though. They cannot find replacement parts for it...
Will you pursue a buy back or lemon law or just wait for the parts?

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Oct 1st and once again still waiting for a shock replacement. Ordered on July 19th. Beyond ridiculous now.
So you are just driving around with one defective shock? Does it continue to leak? Do you notice any difference in drive ability?

Sponsored

Bleep

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 FIESTA!
Will you pursue a buy back or lemon law or just wait for the parts?
I'm not sure at this point. Tomorrow is 30 days, the amount of days per Oregon law for lemon law to be valid... I have been offered payment assistance while the Jeep is on the shop. I have a loaner Cherokee. I don't know what to do.

OP
OP
Harrington

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler
UPDATE: New ETA for shock is 10/15. This has been going on every two weeks since July. Why bother giving an ETA date when all they keep doing is changing it. Oh and my Jeep is included in the track bar recall

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
UPDATE: New ETA for shock is 10/15. This has been going on every two weeks since July. Why bother giving an ETA date when all they keep doing is changing it. Oh and my Jeep is included in the track bar recall
Reminds me of the facilities manager in one of my previous office buildings. We had some significant demo/recon work going on and every time we asked about the stuff we were waiting on from him he said (and imagine this with relatively thick eastern european accent) "Two weeks!". It was always two weeks . . . for months. Became an inside joke and pretty much the default answer anytime we were asked a similar question - Two Weeks! :)

OP
OP
Harrington

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler
Delayed once again. Tell me I should have to wait 3 months for a shock? I can’t believe they can’t have one shipped from the plant. And now I’m on the weld issue recall list

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Delayed once again. Tell me I should have to wait 3 months for a shock? I can’t believe they can’t have one shipped from the plant. And now I’m on the weld issue recall list
Well at least it’s only a shock and not a more critical part. Maybe your dealer is giving you the run around?

Have you tried contacting FCA directly maybe through @JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP
Harrington

Harrington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Wrangler
Well at least it’s only a shock and not a more critical part. Maybe your dealer is giving you the run around?

Have you tried contacting FCA directly maybe through @JeepCares
Yes they have been notified and they also keep telling me it is on backorder

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
After a three month wait my rear shock has finally arrived. Next up the recall for the track bar weld issue.
The track bar weld inspection is pretty quick. Unless you actually have a bad weld.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hmm just took a road trip last night to see OSU hockey and when I came out this morning I saw this. Approximately 1400 on the odometer. Shocks I'm thinking....

IMG_20190203_110059753.jpg

IMG_20190203_110345346.jpg

IMG_20190203_110049918.jpg

IMG_20190203_110227362.jpg
Sponsored