Sponsored

My first real gripe with my JL... anyone else?

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I wonder if the JL does what my JK does lol. The light will come on around 45-50, and then turn off and come back on around 30 when the cluster changes to LOW FUEL.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
my low fuel light comes on with 50 miles to empty. if i run it to 23 miles to empty, i'll have 3.5 gallons of fuel left. its nice to know how low you can go. however i don't like looking at the fuel gauge on empty eventho i still have fuel . so with that i'm going to make a habit of filling up when the low fuel light comes on.

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
You only need to do this once. Carry a full jerry can. Run your Jeep until it Beeps or says zero. Mark the miles. Keep driving it until you suck it dry. Use the Jerry to get you to a gas station. Then you’ll know exactly how much you have when you hit those marks again.

In my 2006 LJ with the Safari Tank, I have slightly over 100 miles of driving after my light comes on.

JLA_Mo

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Granite)
Wow. I always thought the tank only held 18 gallons because when I fill it up with the fuel light on I have never filled more than about 17.8 gallons. I just read it is 21.5! Good to know.
Sponsored