Sponsored

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
Thats correct because many of the options are standard on the 4Xe which really makes it a no brainer after the 7500 tax credit. They did the same thing with the initial Pacifica PHEV launch. It’s a great deal
Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thats correct because many of the options are standard on the 4Xe which really makes it a no brainer after the 7500 tax credit. They did the same thing with the initial Pacifica PHEV launch. It’s a great deal
Did they increase the Pacifica PHEV price after the initial launch?

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
Did they increase the Pacifica PHEV price after the initial launch?
I believe they didn’t include some of the options as standard equipment after the initial launch which made them a little more expensive option for option. I’m glad to see pretty much all options are available on the Wrangler from the beginning. That didn’t happen until later on with the Pacifica.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Indeed - most recent press release indicates the 2021 Sahara and Rubicon 4xe's are "Launch Editions".

The first-ever electrified Wrangler will be initially offered on two trim levels, Wrangler Sahara 4xe and Wrangler Rubicon 4xe, both of which are loaded with additional premium content as standard equipment, including:

Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Launch Edition:
  • 20-inch wheels
  • Leather-trimmed bucket seats
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
  • Nine speaker Alpine® audio system with subwoofer and a 552-watt, 12-channel amplifier
  • 2.72:1 Selec-Trac® Full-Time 4WD System
  • Dana 44 HD wide axles

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe Launch Edition:
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Uconnect® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
  • Nine speaker Alpine® audio system with subwoofer and a 552-watt, 12-channel amplifier
  • 4:1 Rock-Trac® Heavy-Duty Full-Time 4WD System

Sponsored

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Maybe I've missed it, but is the warranty on these the same as usual?

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
I get $56,570 with the jeep.com online configurator for the 3.6L etorque; $55,070 with 2.0L turbo. Still not a huge upcharge for 4xe - maybe $3+k similarly appointed? 4xe requires you to start with a well appointed vehicle, so you can save a lot more by skipping options or even going to a lower trim (say fully loaded Willys which I got a quote for about $47k at almost the same appointment level minus leather - $10k cheaper!). Also, I know the same dealers I spoke to would discount non-4xe much more as I was debating between 4xe and regular Jeep.

Bill Reiter

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Toyota FJ Cruiser; '08 Yukon; '05 CTS-V
After being a Wrangler fan for many years, I finally ordered my first Jeep today-- Sting Grey 4xe. I can't wait to get it and get it off road.

I was a bit disappointed that the color selection was so limited. Despite FCA's September announcement that the 4xe would be available in Snazzberry and Hella Yella, it isn't. And, the flat blue/grey color that is on the FCA phone tour is not actually available on the 4xe either. (Note: Sting Grey, although certainly available, is not on that app either.) Not fantastic attention to detail (and, disappointed that those 3 colors are not available), but I am still totally psyched to get the rig.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I get $56,570 with the jeep.com online configurator for the 3.6L etorque; $55,070 with 2.0L turbo. Still not a huge upcharge for 4xe - maybe $3+k similarly appointed? 4xe requires you to start with a well appointed vehicle, so you can save a lot more by skipping options or even going to a lower trim (say fully loaded Willys which I got a quote for about $47k at almost the same appointment level minus leather - $10k cheaper!). Also, I know the same dealers I spoke to would discount non-4xe much more as I was debating between 4xe and regular Jeep.
Apples-to-apples configs right now with the "Launch Edition" is at about only $1000-$1200 difference for the 4xe (see my config above on a Sahara comparison) - and actually it's theoretically a wash since the Sahara 4xe comes with 20" wheels, where as the regular Sahara comes with 18" and Jeep typically charges "$999" for the 20" wheels - and of course those 20" will be going bye-bye first thing, but only pointing that out for price comparison) - that's a steal right now because you're basically getting the 4xe tech for free - plus the tax credit as well. Seems Jeep wants these things out on the road.

Sponsored

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
After being a Wrangler fan for many years, I finally ordered my first Jeep today-- Sting Grey 4xe. I can't wait to get it and get it off road.

I was a bit disappointed that the color selection was so limited. Despite FCA's September announcement that the 4xe would be available in Snazzberry and Hella Yella, it isn't. And, the flat blue/grey color that is on the FCA phone tour is not actually available on the 4xe either. (Note: Sting Grey, although certainly available, is not on that app either.) Not fantastic attention to detail (and, disappointed that those 3 colors are not available), but I am still totally psyched to get the rig.
Strange, the yellow and snazzberry are in the most recent order guide - perhaps they are late(r)-availability. Assuming Red was available now?

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Maybe I've missed it, but is the warranty on these the same as usual?
Yes, with the addition of a battery warranty for 10y/100,000m (or 10y/150,000m for title in ZEV states: which I think as of right now are California, Oregon, Colorado, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, and Maine)

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
Apples-to-apples configs right now with the "Launch Edition" is at about only $1000-$1200 difference for the 4xe (see my config above on a Sahara comparison) - and actually it's theoretically a wash since the Sahara 4xe comes with 20" wheels, where as the regular Sahara comes with 18" and Jeep typically charges "$999" for the 20" wheels - and of course those 20" will be going bye-bye first thing, but only pointing that out for price comparison) - that's a steal right now because you're basically getting the 4xe tech for free - plus the tax credit as well. Seems Jeep wants these things out on the road.
I agree - for someone looking for a well-appointed Wrangler, the 4xe launch edition is a good proposition for all the reasons you mention. FCA has done a good job making the PHEV not any more prohibitively expensive than other configurations at the $55k-$60k price point. Time will tell what the entry 4xe 'stripped' model will cost and how competitive it will be to lower trim offerings.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Strange, the yellow and snazzberry are in the most recent order guide - perhaps they are late(r)-availability. Assuming Red was available now?
If I remember correctly, it depends on whether you get a Rubicon or Sahara as to snazzberry.

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
If I remember correctly, it depends on whether you get a Rubicon or Sahara as to snazzberry.
Ah, indeed. Looks like it's only a Sahara color. And also the Yellow is not available with Sky one-touch tops.
Sponsored