Sponsored

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
I am an employee, and these are only my personal opinions, but I really like this Jeep! This is my first hybrid vehicle and I find it very cool being able to do most of my daily driving on electric power only.
I liked my last 2019 Wrangler 2.0T etouque a lot, felt it was pretty quick and had plenty of power, but in comparison the added power of the 4xe feels really good! The electric motors coupled with the engine running makes it pull really strong.
Also, the steering is perfect in this 4xe.
The 4Xe looks really amazing. Back in 2016 I took the plunge on a used 2014 Volt. At the time I had a near 100-mile commute and was looking for something that had good gas mileage. I have really been impressed with the Volt. Zero maintenance other than the occasional oil change. I had been looking at going with a diesel Wrangler. I was wondering if you have any experience with the diesel? If so, how does it compare to the 4Xe? It looks like the 4Xe is quicker 0-60 and has more torque. I was also wondering if you have had any time to see the mileage when in hybrid mode, or rather just when the battery is depleted. When my Volt battery is depleted I get around 48 mpg with the motor running. I know the Volt is a different drivetrain, but it would be interesting to know. We already have a level 2 charger and it would be great to make short trips on electric only.

Thanks again for the info.

Sowelu

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
Hmmm, is this what the final Sahara build will look like?

Based on the photos in the first post... I am not sure what trim that Sahara 4xe is. I am assuming that is a Sahara Altitude since it has the blacked out grill, fogs and rims, and a black bumper, but why does it have the High Altitude wheels and tires?

I am also not a fan of the blue badging bits here and there, the rear blue 4xe is all that would have been needed. The side badges should remain darkened for the Altitude trims.

I really just want a 4xe with the current Sahara Altitude trim, wheels and tires, which look much better than the High Altitude. Are they combining options between both Sahara trims and just calling it the Sahara 4xe?

JAlex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Thanks for all the information.
I just got the confirmation of the VIN# being assigned to my Rubicon 4xe order šŸ‘
I have a question, you were able to drive up to 70mph on pure electric without the gas engine turning on?
Are you able to fully disengage the regenerative system?

Thanks,

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I can't wait to see how electric mileage changes with larger tires.

Sponsored

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Hmmm, is this what the final Sahara build will look like?

Based on the photos in the first post... I am not sure what trim that Sahara 4xe is. I am assuming that is a Sahara Altitude since it has the blacked out grill, fogs and rims, and a black bumper, but why does it have the High Altitude wheels and tires?

I am also not a fan of the blue badging bits here and there, the rear blue 4xe is all that would have been needed. The side badges should remain darkened for the Altitude trims.

I really just want a 4xe with the current Sahara Altitude trim, wheels and tires, which look much better than the High Altitude. Are they combining options between both Sahara trims and just calling it the Sahara 4xe?
you can get the Sahara or the High Altitude (about $5k more). It's in the order sheets on the forum.

OP
OP
Harleexl

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
Thanks for all the information.
I just got the confirmation of the VIN# being assigned to my Rubicon 4xe order šŸ‘
I have a question, you were able to drive up to 70mph on pure electric without the gas engine turning on?
Are you able to fully disengage the regenerative system?

Thanks,
That's awesome, congrats on your 4xe order!
Yes they will drive past 70mph on electric only, I actually don't know if there is any limit.

There may always be some regen during driving (not sure) but with max regen turned off, it feels very normal or similar to any non-PHEV Wrangler as far as coasting or braking.

Sowelu

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude
you can get the Sahara or the High Altitude (about $5k more). It's in the order sheets on the forum.
Thanks for the info - for some reason, I thought the 4xe would have a separate order sheet.

So I guess the 4xe Sahara is limited to just the High Altitude trim (other than base trim). This is a huge disappointment for me as I really wanted a 4xe Sahara in the Altitude trim which to my taste, is a better overall looking Sahara (nicer tires/wheels, black bumpers, black accents, black interior trim stitching).

I am hopping that there will be an Altitude trim offered at some point for the 4xe. The High Altitude trim is not an option for me as I do not like the wheels, body color bumpers or that orange stitching throughout the interior (they call it 'caramel', but it's decidedly orange/bright copper, and I absolutely hate it).

But this is still confusing... because the photos of the 4xe Sahara that the OP posted is neither a base trim or a High Altitude (since it has black trim accents vs chrome, black bumpers and door handles), so is this a pre-production model for testing purposes that happens to have the tires/wheels from the High Altitude trim?

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I think the 4xe is an awesome concept that I wish had been available last year when I purchased my Recon. That said the Wrangler platform is very inefficient that will only become even less efficient with bigger tires, a lift, and additional skid plates. In base form the 4xe can only go 25 miles on its 17KW battery...which is 1.5 mile per KW. By comparison my Tesla is good for a rated 4 miles+ per KW (with dramatically more horsepower). 25 miles range is a start but Iā€™m hoping that future improved battery density and a bigger primary drive electric motor will eventually make the 4xe more doable as a nearly all electric daily driver. Well done Jeep for a first effort.

Sponsored

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
Thanks for the info - for some reason, I thought the 4xe would have a separate order sheet.

So I guess the 4xe Sahara is limited to just the High Altitude trim (other than base trim). This is a huge disappointment for me as I really wanted a 4xe Sahara in the Altitude trim which to my taste, is a better overall looking Sahara (nicer tires/wheels, black bumpers, black accents, black interior trim stitching).

I am hopping that there will be an Altitude trim offered at some point for the 4xe. The High Altitude trim is not an option for me as I do not like the wheels, body color bumpers or that orange stitching throughout the interior (they call it 'caramel', but it's decidedly orange/bright copper, and I absolutely hate it).

But this is still confusing... because the photos of the 4xe Sahara that the OP posted is neither a base trim or a High Altitude (since it has black trim accents vs chrome, black bumpers and door handles), so is this a pre-production model for testing purposes that happens to have the tires/wheels from the High Altitude trim?
This is exactly my dilemma. I have yet to see a production image of the Sahara. I want to order one but I donā€™t know what it will look like. Iā€™ve seen some mules with horrible looking wheels that look new, (see red pic) and other pics with the High Altitude wheels which I could live with after putting a larger AT tire on them. I also like the painted bumpers, but I could live with black bumpers too. I assume the interior will have the white stitching on the Sahara, and blue on the Rubicon. I just would like know what it is before I order it. The deal breaker for me is the Red one 20ā€ wheels pictured below . If it has those I might have to consider the Rubicon again. Please let us know if you know anything for sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 2E6DC142-6587-457D-9A3D-0BE83342DBBB

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! EE469511-CEAB-4DB7-9511-273E4ED3AC78

Last edited:

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
Mileage changes, the car has to work harder, so that means using more electricity, so less range.
Thatā€™s a given but how much is the real question. If it drops down to 10 miles of electric range with just 35ā€™s then that would be really sad

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
This is exactly my dilemma. I have yet to see a production image of the Sahara. I want to order one but I donā€™t know what it will look like. Iā€™ve seen some mule with horrible looking wheels that look new, and other pics with the High Altitude wheels which I could live with after putting a larger AT tire on them. I also like the painter bumpers, but I could live with black bumpers too. I assume the interior will have the white stitching on the Sahar, and blue on the Rubicon. I just would like know what it is before I order it. The deal breaker for me is the ā€œOther New 20ā€ wheels. If it has those I might have to consider the Rubicon again. Please let us know if you know anything for sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! EE469511-CEAB-4DB7-9511-273E4ED3AC78

The red wrangler is a Rubi I'm assuming? I like those wheels. I don't like the idea of the 20's, but don't hate how they look, don't seem as oversized as I thought.

TDangelo1219

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4Xe
The red wrangler is a Rubi I'm assuming? I like those wheels. I don't like the idea of the 20's, but don't hate how they look, don't seem as oversized as I thought.
Those are both Saharā€™s but with different style 20ā€ wheels. One has painted bumpers the other doesnā€™t. Just not sure what the final production version will look like. Iā€™m not a fan of the wheels on the red one. I hope it looks like the High Altitude.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Those are both Saharā€™s but with different style 20ā€ wheels. One has painted bumpers the other doesnā€™t. Just not sure what the final production version will look like. Iā€™m not a fan of the wheels on the red one. I hope it looks like the High Altitude.
Hope you're wrong! Is it possible there will be 2 versions though?

EDIT: Article below states Sahara and Sahara High Altitude are 2 different 4xe trims.
" The entry-level Wrangler Unlimited 4xe will not be available at launch, however, the Sahara, Sahara High Altitude, and Rubicon 4xe offerings are. "

https://moparinsiders.com/ordering-for-the-2021-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-4xe-is-now-open/
Sponsored

Last edited: