First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
So, I just got to drive an early production level JLUS 4xe!

First reactions on my first 4xe drive are very good! Since I've never driven an electric vehicle, out of curiosity my first goal was to test the distance on full electric mode. I got in with 90% charge shown on the display. I drove mixed driving including 11.5 miles at freeway speeds around 70mph and 11.5 miles up to 55mph on city highways with lights every mile before the engine started up and the meter showed <1%.

I made 23 miles from 90% SOC, and in my opinion, the quoted 25 miles full electric is completely realistic.

The drive felt very smooth, and the electric to gasoline transition felt very good as well...I didn't really notice it other than I was watching for it to happen.

So far I love this Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 20201020_152634

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 20201020_153337

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 20201020_152651

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 20201020_152714

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 20201020_152613
Sponsored

Last edited:

MoparMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler/Gladiator coming soon
Any pics of the interior? Also, it looks sweet! Weird how it has those wheels and the full body color fenders. Not just the ones with the black bottom part.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for posting! Do you still have it? Can you take a picture of how the upper portion of the rear seat folds? How about pictures underneath to look at routing of wires and coolant lines? On the two large, circular analog gauges in the dash cluster - what are they? Tach, Speedo, power output vs. charge?

Last edited:

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Do you still have it? Can you take a picture of how the upper portion of the rear seat folds? How about pictures underneath to look at routing of wires and coolant lines? On the two large, circular analog gauges in the dash cluster - what are they? Tach, Speedo, power output vs. charge?
This is what we really wanna know.

Sponsored

SolarWizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nacho3lJT
Occupation
Owner @ Solar Co
I’d like to hear your opinion on passing power in electric only mode, in hybrid mode with a charged battery and with the battery depleted.

there’s a big difference in my model y between a full battery and a low battery. My old Prius plug in definitely suffered in terms of power with a low or uncharged battery

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
Is this the base model? I like the color matched fenders and wondered if they would be available on the base model. I know most people like a larger tire but I'd take that vehicle as it stands.

By the way, I copied the pictures and posted them over at the Wrangler 4XE Fans Group on Facebook. Let me know if that's not OK and I'll take them down.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Very cool. Any reduction in interior space (rear seat or cargo area)?

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Thanks for posting your experience! How did you get the esteemed privilege to test it?

Pretty exciting

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Vrooom gets replaced with Whooosh

Sponsored

Obispo325

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chevy Tahoe and hopefully a Bright White JLUR
So, I just got to drive an early production level JLUS 4xe!

First reactions on my first 4xe drive are very good! Since I've never driven an electric vehicle, out of curiosity my first goal was to test the distance on full electric mode. I got in with 90% charge shown on the display. I drove 2.5 miles max 50mph with one stoplight before the freeway. Next was 7.5 more miles at 70mph on the freeway. Went 9 miles further up to 55mph on city highway with lights every mile but only had to come to a complete stop a few times. Then back on freeway up to 70mph for 4 more miles before the engine started up and the meter showed <1%.

I made 23 miles from 90% SOC, with about 11.5 miles of freeway that had very little regeneration if any. The quoted 25 miles full electric is completely realistic.

The drive felt very smooth, and the electric to gasoline transition felt very good as well...I didn't really notice it other than I was watching for it to happen.

So far I love this Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL My first reactions from 4xe Wrangler test drive! 20201020_152613

Any talk about pricing?!

OP
OP
Harleexl

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
Is this the base model? I like the color matched fenders and wondered if they would be available on the base model. I know most people like a larger tire but I'd take that vehicle as it stands.

By the way, I copied the pictures and posted them over at the Wrangler 4XE Fans Group on Facebook. Let me know if that's not OK and I'll take them down.
This is the Base model, with some upgrades...of course the color matched hard top is not standard.
As far as the pictures, that's fine. Nothing secret here that anybody on the street couldn't see anytime now. There's a good number of them in employee's hands for additional feedback prior to dealer orders opening up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harleexl

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
Thanks for posting! Do you still have it? Can you take a picture of how the upper portion of the rear seat folds? How about pictures underneath to look at routing of wires and coolant lines? On the two large, circular analog gauges in the dash cluster - what are they? Tach, Speedo, power output vs. charge?
The rear seat cushions flip upright forward, then the seat back folds forward down on top of the battery pack where the seat cushions were. The seat backs end up with a slight incline and probably 6-8 inches higher than the rear load floor. (No real measurement taken)
I guess no air mattress back there for camping inside unless some kind of new floor or drawer system is inserted in the cargo area. I say that because my daughter has done that a couple times in my 2019 JLU.
Cluster left side has tach with temp gauge, right side is charge vs power output with fuel level gauge. Of course in the middle you'll also have Speedo, SOC, range, avg mpg...

20201020_202625.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harleexl

Harleexl

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS 4xe Sting Gray
Occupation
Automotive
I’d like to hear your opinion on passing power in electric only mode, in hybrid mode with a charged battery and with the battery depleted.

there’s a big difference in my model y between a full battery and a low battery. My old Prius plug in definitely suffered in terms of power with a low or uncharged battery
I'm a newbie to the hybrid or electric driving and really wanted to test the full electric range in a real world commute so I just drove more or less like normal.
Sponsored