Sponsored

My first mod wasnt what I thought it would be..

TypicallyDrunk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Just joined yesterday but wanted to share. I watched a tube video showing another guys first things to do to your new jeep. This video had some good tricks like the rubber between the fenders and body, expel on the hinges and foot step, etc. The one that caught my attention was checking the fuse box. I went out and checked mine. About 80% of the entire box was not fully seated. About 10% was barely in and I mean barely.. I was shocked. So just good info I wanted to pass on.
Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You did good research, that's 100% the first thing to do. I found the same when I checked mine, nearly every fuse wasn't seated properly.

Second thing to do, in my opinion, is swap out that garbage OEM battery for something better before it leaves you stranded somewhere.

3rd thing to do... lift + 37's ;)

Beautiful Jeep by the way, you got a great color

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

Just joined yesterday but wanted to share. I watched a tube video showing another guys first things to do to your new jeep. This video had some good tricks like the rubber between the fenders and body, expel on the hinges and foot step, etc. The one that caught my attention was checking the fuse box. I went out and checked mine. About 80% of the entire box was not fully seated. About 10% was barely in and I mean barely.. I was shocked. So just good info I wanted to pass on.
Did it in the dealer parking lot before I signed all the paperwork.

OP
OP
TypicallyDrunk

TypicallyDrunk

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
You did good research, that's 100% the first thing to do. I found the same when I checked mine, nearly every fuse wasn't seated properly.

Second thing to do, in my opinion, is swap out that garbage OEM battery for something better before it leaves you stranded somewhere.

3rd thing to do... lift + 37's ;)

Beautiful Jeep by the way, you got a great color
Thank you. On the battery, which one?
She is going to have to earn those 37's. It's been a long time since I did any off roading and recovery. We are going to learn together to get back into this. Clean start with no scars. The family is excited to start adding scratches.

m.cami

First Name
Cami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
' 23 Sahara 4xe
Did it in the dealer parking lot before I signed all the paperwork.
I was going to do this too, while at the dealer, but he insisted it was already done. My buddy @JeepWhealen came to check out my Jeep the first week I had it and sure enough, the fuses were not snapped in.

Sponsored

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you. On the battery, which one?
She is going to have to earn those 37's. It's been a long time since I did any off roading and recovery. We are going to learn together to get back into this. Clean start with no scars. The family is excited to start adding scratches.
I don't have an Aux battery in mine so I'm not sure if that should be swapped or not (my guess is it probably does, but I don't know). The main 12v battery is the bigger issue, the OEM one tends to not last very long and die very suddenly, often for no reason, leaving you stranded. Would recommend a nice AGM battery - people here love Odyssey, personally I didn't want to spend that much and picked up a Duracell AGM Platinum 800CCA / 80AH that I'm very happy with (this one: https://www.batteriesplus.com/productdetails/sli94ragm)

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I was going to do this too, while at the dealer, but he insisted it was already done. My buddy @JeepWhealen came to check out my Jeep the first week I had it and sure enough, the fuses were not snapped in.
Haha

Salesman asked what I was doing and I let him know it's a known thing on these vehicles and they would be good to do it to every one on the lot.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to the forum.

Yup, pushing down all the fuses is the first thing you need to do after you get the keys to the Jeep.

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Apexcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 RAM 1500
Did it in the dealer lot while my wife was doing paperwork. I wouldn't call it a mod though any more than I would consider filling with gas a mod. My first mod was to put on the screen protector. I took it with me to the dealership so I could do it before we left the lot.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
No, your first mod was to remove that horrible ribbon and giant rubber duck and hand them back to the folks at Ancira. :LOL:

The next one should be to throw away their awful giant advertisement spare tire cover, if you got one. And the next, to peel their reflective dealer emblem off the back of your Jeep.

Congrats and welcome BTW. I bought my JK there and they and they had all of their dealer advertisements on it already, a tire cover, dealer emblem and license plate frames. Heavy overkill. They were removed as soon as I got home.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Did it in the dealer lot while my wife was doing paperwork. I wouldn't call it a mod though any more than I would consider filling with gas a mod. My first mod was to put on the screen protector. I took it with me to the dealership so I could do it before we left the lot.
Forgot all about that, you're absolutely right. The sooner, the better! The plastic screen will only get worse after day one.

I had the same 8.4" screen in my 2019 GC, and didn't think to use a screen protector. The screen got a bit ugly towards the end of my ownership. The screen protector on my 2023 Wrangler has helped a lot, it reduces fingerprint smudges and glare, plus the added scratch protection of course.

This is the one I used, and I am very happy with: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09JL37N9M

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
1. Check fuses in fuse box
2. Check tire pressure (usually overfilled from dealer)
3. Screen protector for your radio
4. Sun visor reinforcement clips
5. Clear PPF film for the hinges

These were the first things I did on day 1 of ownership.

Sidewalk

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
My first and last new vehicle, so I never knew this was a thing. Guess I will check...10,000 miles later.

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Fuses and dropping tire pressure from factory 46-47psi to spec were the first two things I did to mine after getting it home. I remember bouncing around on the 60-some mile drive back from my dealer constantly checking the on screen pressure monitor to make sure they wouldn't go any higher...they were two things I forgot to check on my pre-delivery inspection 😂
Sponsored