Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLWS
Occupation
Management
Good day friends!

This weekend I attended my first Jeep related event, and all I can say is wow! What an absolute blast! It was the 21st Annual Jeep Blessing at Ellens Corners in Mesick MI, and to be honest I wasn't really sure what to expect. My parents only live about 20 minutes from the event, and they've attended the last two years. Well, '21 and '19 anyway due to reasons. As soon as I got my JL last month, my Dad invited us up for the weekend to bash it around at the Blessing. I was a bit apprehensive honestly, given that until this trip, I didn't even have 1k miles on the new Jeep. But what better way to break it in right? (or break it...)

A couple takeaways after running the first 2 difficulty levels in a stock Willys Sport behind my Dad's slightly modified TJ.
  • I ALMOST ordered a Sport without the Willys package to save some money. Boy am I glad I didn't. Every section where the TJ lost traction due to articulation, the JL did not thanks to the LSD. It performed flawlessly. Also very grateful for the factory rock rails. Though I didn't bottom out on any rocks, I came down hard while cresting some dirt obstacles a few times. I know from experience with past vehicles that those hits would have dented the rockers. If you are on the fence about ordering Willys and plan to do any off roading at all, it is worth it in my opinion.
  • I now know for sure what my first mods will be. WIDER tires (as well as upgrading to 33's), and ditching that front air dam, even if I don't immediately get an upgraded bumper. Both of these were contributing factors to the one time I had to be winched out this weekend. (pics and story of that below)
Quick note, you won't see any pics of the '12 JKUR on the courses. While my Mom is comfortable trail riding it, and often does, these courses were too much for her nerves and she didn't want to damage her baby. So she rode shotgun in the TJ while my wife and I followed them in the JL. I was also REALLY hoping to get the drone up for more footage later in the day when people started running the courses, but with 20 MPH winds and 35 MPH gusts, I didn't want to risk a fly away. So there are only a few aerial shots.

Anyway, here's some pics and a couple videos of the weekend. I hope you all enjoy, I know I did!

Our convoy heading to the Blessing.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_080409

We have arrived! '02 TJ Sport (Dad, 2.5 inch lift + leveling kit w/ 33's), '12 JKUR (Mom, stock w/ 33's), '22 JL Willys Sport (Me, stock)

Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_083010

20 minutes after gates opened, people rolling in nonstop.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 DJI_0065

Video of parking/staging area

I even got my first official ducking! (I don't count the one the dealer gave me)
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_111654

If you can call it a duck.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220501_103439

The menu:
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 Screenshot_20220430-012657

Some aerial shots of a couple courses:
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 DJI_0064

Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 Untitled-1

Lookit me go!
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 imagejpeg_0(67)

Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 imagejpeg_0(74)

This Liberty had to be winched out a few times, but good on him for sending it!
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_114050

And then we came to this hill on the left. Waiting in line I got the same feeling in the stomach I get waiting for a roller coaster.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_122812

Looking at it straight on:
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 imagejpeg_0(68)

And OOPS!!! Fell into a hole before cresting the hill and completely bottomed out. There's that take away I mentioned earlier coming into play. With different tires I feel I would have made it. This was my third attempt, decided to bypass after this one. Didn't want to risk damage pushing it any harder.

Big thank you and shout out to @sandratfab (facebook or twitter I'm guessing? I don't have either unfortunately) for the tug!
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 imagejpeg_0(73)

Waiting while some unfortunate soul waited for a tow off the course after getting busted up on a concrete section.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 imagejpeg_0(77)

The mud pit had a few victims as well. This brand new JLUR did drive away after a failed run, but from the way it sounded, i doubt it drove very far.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_133736

This one said his EFI computer just shut down about 30 feet into his run. Unfortunate too, from his start he looked like he would have made it.
Jeep Wrangler JL My first meet - Jeep Blessing 2022 20220430_135848

Here's a stock rubi that made it though. Seems like sticking to the far left of the pit was the key to victory.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed the compilation, it was a great weekend! :like:
Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Great thread! Cool pics, and glad you had fun!

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Absolutely awesome!!! Thank you for sharing!
Sponsored