TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
So, the wife and I, and our son and daughter in-law went to a hockey game (ECHL Everblades) this past Saturday.
As I was paying for parking, I jokingly said to the attendant "Where's the Jeep parking section?", and he replied "If you want, just pull over there and back over the curb onto the grass.

So I got a spot in the main in/out drag. Came out of the game, walked to the Jeep, loaded up, and people in line waved me out, I pulled out and was out of traffic and on my way home in less than 5 minutes from exiting the arena.

Any one else have stories about about the advantage of the Jeep versus a standard car?
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Our family vehicle is a Toyota 4-Runner but 2WD (boring!!!). So when we have to go to arenas or outdoor fairs, etc like you mentioned, we Always go in the JEEP for the very reason you mentioned.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I have a sorta story... similar except different ;)

Recently took the Jeep to Medeival Times for their dinner show and (as usual) went in the back entrance to avoid the incoming crowds. This was after another show and the back entrance was full of people exiting. However, as is the norm for drivers in SoCal everyone is the center of their own universe and everyone was driving right down the middle of the drive, leaving room for about 1/2 a lane for cars coming in. To the right was a curb with a grass planter and tree. So right tires up on the curb and passed all the outgoing cars with room to spare. Got a perfect end spot for our troubles. :turkey: No worries... no trees were harmed in the making of this adventure.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Help me understand, so this special parking is allowed why? I have the Jeep decal on my windshield from Jeep Wave but I thought that was for Jeep endorsed events only.

Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
TimmH

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
Help me understand, so this special parking is allowed why? I have the Jeep decal on my windshield from Jeep Wave but I thought that was for Jeep endorsed events only.

Thanks
Because there isn't enough parking typically for the bigger events anyway, so they make creative use of the grassy areas at times, and will allow vehicles capable of getting over the curb use them. Also helps to be early, to get such a spot.

There was 2 other Jeeps to my left a Ford FX4 to my right, and a couple other trucks on down in the next area. Not a spot for a regular SUV as it dips down into a ditch and then into a pond, so your backing down into a ditch basically, definitely need more than typical ground clearance.

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
In traffic one morning there were cars pulling out of the gas station and blocking the lane. There was enough room for me to get two wheels up on the sidewalk (no pedestrians!) and get around them rather than waiting two minutes for the light to change. Sure other vehicles could do that but with a Jeep you don’t have to worry about scraping a bumper, bottom of the car or ripping off an air flow piece.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
You're always able to grab that one orphaned snow mounded spot at the end of the line during the winter months.
So... does your Jeep have this bumpersticker???

zamboni.jpg

Sponsored

MEGAS

First Name
Megas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Almost every day I use my Jeep to bypass sheeple in lineups. Curbs, meridians, dirt, grass, potholes, all easy in a Jeep. It's a Jeep thing. If you don't know, you don't know.

yokramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JLR, '13 Juke Nismo, '88 10th Anny RX7
I was stuck in a chick-fil-a line right after breakfast ended so I popped the curb and hit the exit lane for the shopping center rather than wait behind the 12 people in front of us.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Almost every day I use my Jeep to bypass sheeple in lineups. Curbs, meridians, dirt, grass, potholes, all easy in a Jeep. It's a Jeep thing. If you don't know, you don't know.
The irony of you passing people in the same line you're in and calling them "sheeple" is not lost here. Lol.

graytag

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4xe, Sold-3 TJs, 1 YJ
Our family vehicle is a Toyota 4-Runner but 2WD (boring!!!). So when we have to go to arenas or outdoor fairs, etc like you mentioned, we Always go in the JEEP for the very reason you mentioned.
My wife has short term memory(my diagnosis) and has gotten her 2WD Yukon stuck twice on scouting trips. My brother also tried to take a 2WD rental Tahoe on the beach- made it 15 feet. Good times.

Beachcomber72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU High Tide
Biggie Smalls?

IMG_7303.jpeg
Sponsored