My First Jeep! 2 door Rubi build!

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 Door Rubicon 3.6L 3 pedal
I could not be more excited for my Jeep! I sold a 2011 Audi A8L and then spec'd out my build! Test drove both the 4 door, and the 2 door, with 2 girls (4 & 6) the 4 door makes more sense, but since my car is primarily driven to work and back (8 miles each way) and 90% of the time just me in the car, practicality went out the window! 2 door all the way!
Ordered it Bob Hurley Jeep out of Oklahoma, and then waited for it to show up! It came in the week before SEMA, so naturally I had to hit SEMA before picking it up and taking the loooooooong drive back to Upstate NY!

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Your pictures didn’t come through, but congrats!

I love my 2dr Rubi... I’m sure you will love yours, too.

OP
OP
Eric S.

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had it for about two weeks now (just catching up with the updates on what has happened so far). First thing to happen when I got home was the wings came off the front bumper:

and then I threw on a set of GPCA GP-Grip's with Red handles, and a bullet antenna!

OP
OP
Eric S.

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next was the exhaust, it had to go as it hangs down way to far in the back, and didn't want to have to worry about rocks and trees off road, I wasn't really looking for something loud, but I did want it a little throatier. Flowmaster Cat-back Outlaw high clearance system (817851) to the rescue! It is definitely much louder getting up to speed, and the exhaust is louder at highway speeds, but after a few days of driving with it, I am very happy with it, almost like a small V8 sound.
my phone decibel meter rated them about 4db apart at 60mph:

Stock Exhaust sound:
Flowmaster Exhaust sound:

OP
OP
Eric S.

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting today, got bored waiting for my next order to arrive, so finally got around to removing the "Wrangler" stickers on the sides, and the dealership sticker off the back :)

OP
OP
Eric S.

Eric S.

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my new Baja Designs Squadron-R Pro LED Fog Pocket Kit installed last night, took a little over 30 minutes to get them installed. These things are BRIGHT! Pictures and video do not do these things justice :)

Sponsored