After my trip
Jeep Wrangler JL My experience Fuel Mileage/ECO-DIESEL 20220605_163322
Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
You should see much better on the stock tires. I'm seeing 22+ with 37's - verified over 10K miles. Prior to the 37's on the stock Rubicon tires we were seeing well above 25.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
You should see much better on the stock tires. I'm seeing 22+ with 37's - verified over 10K miles. Prior to the 37's on the stock Rubicon tires we were seeing well above 25.
Thanks for sharing. I'm considering moving to 35's no lift soon
Another expensive mod...she's like a worm hole
I really can't complain, love my Jeep so far
Appreciate the feedback πŸ‘

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
I am running 37" KO2s on mine and getting 22-24 after I added a GDE tune with a high mpg of a few hundred miles in the Adirondacks at 28 mpg. Not pushing as much air and no stop lights.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
Picked up my new Wrangler this past Saturday and did a roughly 1300 mile road trip from Vienna VA (Koons@Tyson's Corner) towards Utica, NY and then over to the western part of NY (just south of Buffalo) and then down home to NC.

Averaged around 25 MPG. Trip was through varying altitudes / road work / and some smile inducing skinny pedal abuse.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my new Wrangler this past Saturday and did a roughly 1300 mile road trip from Vienna VA (Koons@Tyson's Corner) towards Utica, NY and then over to the western part of NY (just south of Buffalo) and then down home to NC.

Averaged around 25 MPG. Trip was through varying altitudes / road work / and some smile inducing skinny pedal abuse.
Congratulations
The Eco-Diesel is AWESOME so far 25mpg πŸ‘
Most fun Engine I've ever owned
Hope it lasts πŸ™
Post pics
Jeep wave πŸ‘‹

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue JULRD
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I'm loving it as well and I tend to keep my vehicles a long while, so I'll probably have this one for a good bit.
Posted pics in the Hydro Blue thread here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hydro-blue-wrangler-jl-club.54302/post-1976976

I'm not good at taking pics (I forget) since mostly I'm enjoying the driving experience and not really thinking about snapping photos :) Though I'll probably try to remind myself to do better when I take this offroad.

OP
OP
NewbJLUOwner

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
I'm loving it as well and I tend to keep my vehicles a long while, so I'll probably have this one for a good bit.
Posted pics in the Hydro Blue thread here:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/hydro-blue-wrangler-jl-club.54302/post-1976976

I'm not good at taking pics (I forget) since mostly I'm enjoying the driving experience and not really thinking about snapping photos :) Though I'll probably try to remind myself to do better when I take this offroad.
That color was my 2nd choice, love that Hydro Blue
Looks great πŸ‘

KNN

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Diesel
My numbers are pretty consistent w/ others and I agree you should probably see higher MPGs if you’re running mostly stock. I’m running heavy and getting around 22. My Banks Derringer helps improve those numbers as well but I’m currently running w/o it.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

My numbers are pretty consistent w/ others and I agree you should probably see higher MPGs if you’re running mostly stock. I’m running heavy and getting around 22. My Banks Derringer helps improve those numbers as well but I’m currently running w/o it.
Why without it?

Sponsored

AZ-Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
I recently completed a 2,500 mile, round-trip visit to East Texas . . . all on I-10 & I-20. I left on Wednesday morning and returned Friday afternoon . . . exhausted.

My Eco-Diesel, with 6-inch lift, 37" tires runs heavy (i.e., rolling mass in excess of GVWR). Due to the speeds I was holding (>80 mph), I only managed an average 18 mpg. I was a bit disappointed with this result and will not attempt another trip like this . . . where speed and time was prioritized (Texas speed limits are high compared to Arizona).

Around the Phoenix metro area, I typically see 23-24 mpg in my usual, mixed driving regimen. In my overall experience, both in stock configuration and my current set-up, I can say that the Eco-Diesel prefers to cruise between 55 & 65 mph to achieve maximum fuel economy . . .

Feb14bgirl

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Diesel Rubicon JLU. 2022 GMC Sierra
I am running 37" KO2s on mine and getting 22-24 after I added a GDE tune with a high mpg of a few hundred miles in the Adirondacks at 28 mpg. Not pushing as much air and no stop lights.
Hi. I found your post about adding the GDE tune to your Diesel. My husband has already wanted to do this to my 2022 Rubicon but has hesitated because of the cost. He wanted to do it for the performance but now that I've noticed my mpg's going down, I agreed to pay half if it will improve my diesel mileage. Are you still happy with this tuner and is it worth the price?

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Hi. I found your post about adding the GDE tune to your Diesel. My husband has already wanted to do this to my 2022 Rubicon but has hesitated because of the cost. He wanted to do it for the performance but now that I've noticed my mpg's going down, I agreed to pay half if it will improve my diesel mileage. Are you still happy with this tuner and is it worth the price?
I've had it since March and i am very happy with the results. I am at 26k and getting between 22-24 mpg with 37'" KO2's. I figure it will pay for itself in about 40k.

Feb14bgirl

First Name
Norma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Diesel Rubicon JLU. 2022 GMC Sierra
Another question. When looking at the GDE website you have the option of getting a second ecu. I'm assuming that is basically a second computer to reset your engine back to factory??? Did you get this? I'm wondering why anyone would want to go back to the original settings after doing this mod??????
Sponsored